Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Which offseason move will turn out to be the best move for the upcoming season?

Best offseason move  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Which offseason move will prove to have the biggest positive impact in 2014?

• Hiring Jay Gruden as head coach
    • Adding D. Jackson, Roberts and Grant to the WR corp
    • Adding Hatcher and Murphy to the front 7, along with R. Jackson's return
    • Adding Clark, Porter, Breeland and T. Jackson to the secondary
    • Drafting two O-Linemen in the 3rd round and picking up several more in FA
    • Hiring new ST coach and all the players brought in to help improve that unit
    • Other

I voted for special teams improvement. At least they have made a concerted effort to improve the unit. It remains to be seen wheter or not that actually does anything in the end.

I do know that our special teams absolutely killed us last year. You can easily chalk up at least 3 losses to some of the worst special teams play you'll ever see in the NFL in your entire life.

Tough call, but since its specifically 2014 oriented, I went with the ST overhaul. Having an iffy defense and offense is one thing, but when you have a unit that is statistically one of the absolute worst that has ever graced an NFL field (we're talking like 80+ years here), you have no shot...

It is like an infection that spreads throughout your entire team. If we can be just solid on special teams, this teams play will improve vastly. Field position is very important, now more than ever. Actually having guys that are qualified to return kicks, matters. So special teams is my choice.

Drafting Trent Murphy thus giving us this classic reaction, "WHAT?! WHAT?! MORGAN MOSES!"

Redskins-Fan.gif?resize=620%2C269

... and then still managing to draft Morgan Moses with our next pick.

Okay, maybe those two picks won't have as much impact THIS year but I feel very good for their future with the team.

Drafting Trent Murphy thus giving us this classic reaction, "WHAT?! WHAT?! MORGAN MOSES!"

... and then still managing to draft Morgan Moses with our next pick.

Okay, maybe those two picks won't have as much impact THIS year but I feel very good for their future with the team.

Dunno why, but I'm pretty confident that guy posts on ES, or at least has an account here

If this team is destined for championships, than I'll hope the OLine moves. Especially at Guard. I just hope we didn't replace subpar with subpar.

I'm pretty confident the WRs, TM, Breeland, Hatcher will all produce. Do here's to hoping its the line. Heck, I even think the LBs will be ST studs

I do know that our special teams absolutely killed us last year. You can easily chalk up at least 3 losses to some of the worst special teams play you'll ever see in the NFL in your entire life.

Ditto, even if ST are "bad" it's an improvement

Gruden.

That alone signals the end of the worst HC in Redskins history so any change to that despicable POS wins hands down.

Hail.

This times 10.

Our additions could have happened with Shanny, heck, a broken clock is right twice a day - but him being gone is the best move thus far.

HAIL

for me is the receivers. I feel we haven't had this much talent at WR since the fun bunch. Even Grant will be good addition in a year or so. And most important we gave Robert the weapons needed for him to flourish. Don't forget in the 7-0 run during his rookie season it was because Garson came back, without him we struggled. Now with the addition of Porter and DJackson defenses will be very hard pressed to stop us.

Archived