Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Lache Seastrunk (RB Baylor)

Hunter_R

Well, if Kelly wanted him, we know he is quick.  Watching the film, he seems to have s second gear....seems to have great cutting ability....and while maybe a little slower than McCoy, certainly shows some flashes of potential talent like that.  

I think Royster, Helu, and maybe DY are in trouble here.  I think Gruden will opt for speed if other variables are equal.  I think CT will have a good shot at making our roster because of his speed.....granted that he can show improvement in his overall game and maybe as a returner in ST.  Helu, to me, has lost a step....agree with others who have mentioned noticing this last season.  Helu is just not as dynamic as before, IMHO. 

I will be looking for impact this TC/Pre-season from the rookie, and CT......

I disagree... in fact, I think Helu faces an uphill battle to make the roster

Overall good post and you may be right about who is running uphill. I don't know Gruden well enough to say, but is he likely to carry just one back of significant girth?

I feel like Young could handle a bigger work load, however, and fill the void should we go Thunder and Lightning aka Morris Lache/CT as our halfbacks. Maybe Royster re-emerges but fear he may need more time to heal fully.

I am intrigued at the idea of speed speed speed and being more pass happy than us hardcore Hogs are THE key to Victory long time fans are used to.

I disagree... in fact, I think Helu faces an uphill battle to make the roster.

I don't see either back replacing Helu this year from the simple reason that Helu has proven he can be a full time back and no one else really has.  Thompson so far hasn't stayed healthy long enough to prove anything.  Seastrunk probably will take a bit to learn protections and be comfortable back there.  Unless Royster suddenly becomes a better player than he has been his whole career, Helu would really have to stink it up not to make this team.

Now, he might not be back next year after his contract is up, but that is a different conversation.

I really, really like this pick. I feel like all he needs to do is show strong pass-block ability but I feel that's what the coaches are here for. I also wonder if there's a way we can make him our primary return man.

looks pretty damn good to me ... I know its NCAA ball but if he can do this in the NFL I think we have finally found a change-of-pace back to complement Albert Morris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q3CZNKgnNE

Lol just kidding.

Seastrunk "RG's a great friend, a great person.Just happy to be in the backfield." Says "not a lot" when asked how much he talked w/ Rob Sat

.@TheGreat_Lache on 980 "I'm trying to go there to earn my keep, so I can earn my spot" says 4.46 is "very inaccurate" 4.34 is his time.

Weaknesses Does not run big or keep his shoulders squared to the line. Will press and try to do too much -- can improve patience and do a better job of letting his blocks develop. Very limited career receiving production. Played in an offense that featured big running lanes and helped inflate his production. Can be tracked down from behind. Beats to the tune of his own drum and can be susceptible to hanger-ons.

Nope. 

Yes....when he pulls his hamstring.  :)  LOVE this pick-hard worker.  Make him room with ALMO for training camp.  Difference maker he can be, in Yodi speak.  HTTR

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/11/7/5072458/lache-seastrunk-baylor-bears

You might remember Oregon's near-disaster with Willie Lyles, the scouting analyst it paid $25,000 a few years back and who just may have steered some recruits, like one five-star Lache Seastrunk, back to Oregon. The NCAA didn't come down hard on Oregon, but Chip Kelly ended up fleeing for the NFL, and Seastrunk promptly transferred to Baylor—the nearest BCS school to his hometown of Temple, TX.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ys-robinson_scout_details_deal_oregon_kelly_070111

Detailed story about Lache and Chip.

Wouldn't it be nice if Lache could eventually run Kelly from the Eagles like he had a part in running him from Oregon?  Of course this time it will be by scoring TDs on the Eagles DEF.

This and that video have me Seastrunk, like sea sick and drunk all in one. 

Decided to treat myself to an early present. Every year I buy an autographed rookie card of every Redskin rookies. Here is my first card I got from the 2014 Redskins class

Picture1_zps5706f645.jpg

It's inscribed with Sic Em, the Baylor hand gesture and limited to only 10. I usually do not post these sorts of odd ball things but thought someone here might like it.

Touching story.....don't know a lot about this (or any) of the picks other than what I read here and on other forums.  Articles like this go directly to the character of a man.....and speaks to where his priorities are at.  Good read.  

Decided to treat myself to an early present. Every year I buy an autographed rookie card of every Redskin rookies. Here is my first card I got from the 2014 Redskins class

It's inscribed with Sic Em, the Baylor hand gesture and limited to only 10. I usually do not post these sorts of odd ball things but thought someone here might like it.

Where do you find something like that?

Archived