Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Lache Seastrunk (RB Baylor)

Hunter_R

Lache outplayed Redd in every way.  

Awful decision

No, not every way. The coaches and 90% of the fans and media noticed he can't handle blitz pick-up.

You clearly are related to him or something, because you're at the point of jumping on a grenade showing how glazed over you are about this single cut of one player at a position we have depth at.

No one here is arguing he can't be explosive (at least no one that I can see). I'm not on Silas' "side", I however see that it was a close competition and Redd is a more well-rounded back who can play every down. 

I live in Buffalo, and see CJ Spiller play all the time. He's an amazing back when in space and healthy. The Bills likely won't re-sign him because he can't handle running inside because of his frame and the way he runs. Fred Jackson is still a prominent back with the Bills because he can run any down, without being a liability. Seastrunk isn't even close to Spillers talent yet, and you want him to be our potential 2nd String every down back? That is asking for heaps of trouble.

You're over-valuing speed, and simply ignoring other aspects of the game when you say "outplayed Redd in every way". No, he outplayed Redd as your man-crush, thats about it. 

All im saying is,

Seastrunk showed to be the better runner (and if you watch them run, its not even close).

Therefore, he beat out Redd.  Pass pro can be taught.  Pass catching is a skill.  But Seastrunk has the qualities that CAN'T be taught.

I knew after the first game that Seastrunk was the guy.  The 80 yrd screen just sealed the deal.  Something else is going on that we don't know about.

A lot of you are referring to his SPEED, he isn't even that fast. 4.5 is average.  His ability lies in his CUTS.  Lateral movement, athleticism.  That is how you make people miss, that is what this team has lacked at the RB position.

This bad angles nonsense is ridiculous.  SPEED is what creates bad angles.

Beautiful stat goskins.  

Vision, quickness, lateral movement, top end speed, balance, and oh yea, a better resume coming out of college.

Lache outplayed Redd in every way.  

Awful decision

Lache - 25 carries for 121 yes or 4.8 yds/carry

​Redd - 34 carries for 157 yes or 4.6 yds/carry. 

The only awful decision was the one I made thinking you would see the actual data and see your statement of Seastrunk outplaying Redd in every way was at the very least an exaggeration. You clearly have an agenda. Are you a relative?

The rushing stats show they were almost exactly the same. Redd can pass block Seastrunk cannot. It's not up for debate. It's a fact. the coaches and others out of TC say he has trouble running routes. I will take their word for it.

But you want to keep your blind bromance with him by all means, don't let data and real facts get in your way.

The only awful decision was the one I made thinking you would see the actual data and see your statement of Seastrunk outplaying Redd in every way was at the very least an exaggeration. You clearly have an agenda. Are you a relative?

The rushing stats show they were almost exactly the same. Redd can pass block Seastrunk cannot. It's not up for debate. It's a fact. the coaches and others out of TC say he has trouble running routes. I will take their word for it.

But you want to keep your blind bromance with him by all means, don't let data and real facts get in your way.

Yeah I was struggling to understand his position too after looking at the stats he posted.  Bottom line is, as posted over an over again, the coaches see them every day and know a lot more than we do. That is not up for debate.  He was released, nobody picked him up, and he is still on the street for a reason.  End of discussion 

The Seastrunk lovefest is dumb. Our QB already takes enough hits, be it through his unwillingness to slide/get out of bounds on time, or because of shaky line play. But lets keep around a RB that is worthless at pass pro. smh

Maybe there is something else going on in the background, maybe he did not take being cut very well. I like Lache, he slipped to the 6th round for a reason and he is now on the street for a reason. I hope he has another chance to catch on somewhere and develop his skills but while we need more speed in the backfield the NFL has proven time and time again speed is not everything... It is a shame he was not able to stay at Baylor a year longer (althought that said given Baylor rarely use the backs in passing situations I am not sure it would helped that much).

I think Redd is the best choice but he is a little like Royster/Morris which suggests he could be a work horse back - Roysters best option would have been to be cut or traded this season as he is burried on our depth chart at the moment and there maybe a RB weak team might give him a look.

It is an exciting time but also a time when people are saying good bye to their dreams hopes and aspirations...

So it's been pretty under the radar, but the Redskins claimed Duke Ihenacho (S) from the Broncos.  Looks like it might be a pretty decent pick up for Merriweather insurance.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15190/duke-ihenacho

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/31/duke-ihenacho-fold-redskins-roster-appears-set-wee/

Yeah I'm glad you posted this.  As desperate as we are having a guy who was starting in the Super Bowl 8 months ago can't be a bad thing. 

Saw a post from Mike Jones earlier that we have no intention of even bringing him back for the PS either (would attach the link, but it isn't working). I have faith in the coaching staff, but gotta admit that is a bit of a head scratcher.

Here'd is the link to Mike Jones twitter feed:  He states point blank. Seastrunk's camp have been told he will not be signed to the practice squad. 

https://twitter.com/MikeJonesWaPo

Seems like the right football move to me, although not the sexy one appearently. I am really starting to like this staff even more. They clearly have a plan and they are sticking to it. Will it be successful? Only time will tell. But at least it's clear what they want to do. You can follow the bouncing ball as it were and see the logic behind their decisions, for the most part. 

Here'd is the link to Mike Jones twitter feed: He states point blank. Seastrunk's camp have been told he will not be signed to the practice squad.

https://twitter.com/MikeJonesWaPo

Seems like the right football move to me, although not the sexy one appearently. I am really starting to like this staff even more. They clearly have a plan and they are sticking to it. Will it be successful? Only time will tell. But at least it's clear what they want to do. You can follow the bouncing ball as it were and see the logic behind their decisions, for the most part.

I cant see the logic in offering a practice squad spot to Chris Thompson and not Seastrunk (Not sure if Royster is eligible). Im glad they do have a plan but not terribly excited their plan involves us constantly looking for another speed back mmeaning they will almost certainly go after one in the draft again.

I cant see the logic in offering a practice squad spot to Chris Thompson and not Seastrunk (Not sure if Royster is eligible). Im glad they do have a plan but not terribly excited their plan involves us constantly looking for another speed back mmeaning they will almost certainly go after one in the draft again.

I see what you are saying but I am not use that was their goal in drafting Seastrunk. WHile I think they drafted him cause of his speed, I don't think they were necessarily looking for speed if that makes any sense. 

Clearly they liked what they saw out of Thompson better than Seastrunk. What I also like is there isn't any well he is my guy so I go with him no matter. MS drafted Thompson, Gruden drafted Seastrunk, yet they went with Thompson. IMO that shows the decisions they are making they at least believe are in the best interest of the team, not with some hidden agenda. 

This bad angles nonsense is ridiculous.  SPEED is what creates bad angles. Vision, quickness, lateral movement, top end speed, balance, and oh yea, a better resume coming out of college.

Lache outplayed Redd in every way.   Awful decision

Lache - 25 carries for 121 yes or 4.8 yes/carry

​Redd - 34 carries for 157 yes or 4.6 yes/carry. 

I agree with all the things you wrote about Lache. However, I wouldn`t say either outplayed each other. They both had very productive preseasons. They`re just both different players.... with their respective strengths. I think Gruden just wanted what Redd brought to the table more than Lache -- perhaps it translates more with what he wants in his offense.

It doesn`t always have to mean that one is better or more terrible than the other. Personally, I wish they could have kept both. But I`m not upset that Redd made the team either.

The Redskins had a tough, close decision at running back. They chose Silas Redd.  It's funny to me, though, how people have to tear Seastrunk apart as some kind of back-handed justification over the decision.  Funny in a sad way.   "He can't block."  "He was playing against 3rd stringers."  "That 80 yard catch/run was nothing, they D just took bad angles." 

They both played well and showed their strengths. 

I thought of that too a bit earlier. Going with someone else's pick instead of their own. Thompson's durability not withstanding,(though his  recuperations from his back injury was looked at as a strength when he came out for the draft),I guess the team does already have a year invested in him and he does already have the skill set for receiving the ball so those could be in play here. Lache's a project as well so it looks like the team decided on having just one for now. Possible they may be looking ahead to next year,where they may find someone a bit more ready made that they won't have to stash on the practice squad. Could be why the rest of the teams decided to take a pass on the young man for now. They have their own projects already. We'll see.  Also.  If true,it is a bit curious that the team waited until the last minute to decide not to add him. 

We really chose Thompson ahead of Seastrunk? Really?? I know I'm not an experienced coach or anything, but I'm tired of people saying that we must trust the coaching staff like coaches haven't made mistakes before. Coaches are not gods that know every good decision to make. We see them mess up on draft picks and cuts all the time. The Cowboys released Danny Amendola in 2008, and I'm pretty sure now people would say that they made a bad decision. Fans are allowed to have opinions too, and what a coach thinks isn't the end-all-be-all.

Yeah you can talk about how a player plays in practice all you want, but what you do in the games is what really matters. I was a big Thompson fan last yr when we drafted him, but he hasn't even been able to get on the field, and Lache played much better this preseason. I hope Lache signs with another team and comes back to haunt us. I think this team made a big mistake letting him go.

I don't understand those out there so harshly criticizing the team for cutting Seastrunk.  You really think you have all of the information needed to make an intelligent decision?  You saw portions of his play in 4 pre-season games.  You saw nothing of practice, work ethic, drills, coachability, etc that the coaches did.  Obviously they saw something we didn't.  Maybe they didn't think he would "get it."  Maybe the 9 Wonderlic score wasn't an aberration.  Maybe it was a whole host of things.  I was rooting for him too, and assumed based upon what I saw on the field that he'd be on the squad in some form.  But I was wrong.  I just don't understand the anger of some and how you as a fan can argue with such certainty as if you really believe you have a clue of the big picture.

The Redskins had a tough, close decision at running back. They chose Silas Redd.  It's funny to me, though, how people have to tear Seastrunk apart as some kind of back-handed justification over the decision.  Funny in a sad way.   "He can't block."  "He was playing against 3th stringers."  "That 80 yard catch/run was nothing, they D just took bad angles." 

They both played well and showed their strengths. 

At least for my part, that was more in response to a few (well one at least) saying Seastrunk completely outplayed Redd which is just not true.

I like Seastrunk. Had they kept him I would have no problem with it. However, I can see why they went in another direction. He has some clear weaknesses in his game. But Redd is no where near perfect. He will need some work and practice too.

My problem is that when the team doesn't take that lovable late round draft pick of the year, the team is "stupid", "making awful decisions", "don't have any idea what they are doing", etc. Kinds of gets tiresome.

We really chose Thompson ahead of Seastrunk? Really?? I know I'm not an experienced coach or anything, but I'm tired of people saying that we must trust the coaching staff like coaches haven't made mistakes before. Coaches are not gods that know every good decision to make. We see them mess up on draft picks and cuts all the time. The Cowboys released Danny Amendola in 2008, and I'm pretty sure now people would say that they made a bad decision. Fans are allowed to have opinions too, and what a coach thinks isn't the end-all-be-all.

Yeah you can talk about how a player plays in practice all you want, but what you do in the games is what really matters. I was a big Thompson fan last yr when we drafted him, but he hasn't even been able to get on the field, and Lache played much better this preseason. I hope Lache signs with another team and comes back to haunt us. I think this team made a big mistake letting him go.

A true fan wouldn't say "I hope Lache signs with another team and comes back to haunt us. I think this team made a big mistake letting him go."

Perhaps the more appropriate thing you should have said is "I think this team made a big mistake letting him go".

See the difference?

HTTR!

Archived