Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Lache Seastrunk (RB Baylor)

Hunter_R

So... can we expect your name to become seastrunkfan?

Hahahaah

I like Morris, Helu Jr., and Thompson better. I don't remember seeing Seastrunk do anything. Put him on the practice squad.

Then you didn't watch the game, he only had an 80 yard reception TD 

http://gfycat.com/SomberUnfoldedFlickertailsquirrel

The longest play from four preseason games this year. 

I like Morris, Helu Jr., and Thompson better. I don't remember seeing Seastrunk do anything. Put him on the practice squad.

You must not have watched the game yesterday. What has Thompson done other than sit on the bench and train off on the side?

I did not get to watch the game yesterday as I live in the Chicago area. Like, I said, from what I've seen... Thompson looked like a good backup. I was watching Thompson break tackles and make pretty good gains in some of the other games where Seastrunk always seems to get stopped at or behind the line. 

I did not get to watch the game yesterday as I live in the Chicago area. Like, I said, from what I've seen... Thompson looked like a good backup. I was watching Thompson break tackles and make pretty good gains in some of the other games where Seastrunk always seems to get stopped at or behind the line. 

Are you serious? Don't think that I have not noticed your user name, Foreskins is an insult people have said to me about the Redskins since I was a kid. Curious if I should just ignore you?

So, I just saw the Bengals cut benjarvus green-ellis. I would sign him for our 3rd rb and keep Morris and Helu. Ellis has to be much better than any of the 3rd thru 6th stringer currently on our roster! just my opinion. Definitely worth looking into.

So, I just saw the Bengals cut benjarvus green-ellis. I would sign him for our 3rd rb and keep Morris and Helu. Ellis has to be much better than any of the 3rd thru 6th stringer currently on our roster! just my opinion. Definitely worth looking into.

And that's all I needed to see :) BGE is terrible, absolutely awful. No to that

Kids, please stay off crack.

Kids, please stay off crack.

Exactly. Kids stay off the crack. get rid of some dead weight on this team and add some depth. Ellis has probably put up more yds than all the 3th-6th stringers on our team put together.  Keep in mind, it is 3rd string and the player won't really see the field let alone play a single game.

the Law Firm is past his prime.

i would like to see Royster traded...but i seriously doubt it.  in the end, i think Thompson will get reduced to the PS, Royster will get cut & end up with another team again, & we'll go with Morris/Helu Jr/Redd/Seastrunk.  i think Redd is basically Royster with better vision, but younger, & a slightly more physical runner.  Redd has shown that he can catch, & that he's actually not bad at blitz pickup.

Royster is, as they say, duplication...& in the event of duplication...go with the younger option based on potential.

i think Seastrunk has flashed some real potential though.  could be a Sproles/Woodhead type or better as he shows a willingness to run inside.  on the screen...i like how he made a shoe-string catch & stayed in motion & didn't lose his balance like you see so many do on those types of catches.  it shows that he's a capable pass-catcher in-spite of the lack of chances to do that at Baylor.   

I think this kid could be special. He's not a complete back yet but, for a backfield that is low in long speed, he's certainly a homerun threat. The 3 down backs are a dying breed. This kid could certainly help a team as part of a rotation.

I hope he sticks with us. I could see Houston taking a look if we cut him. 

The nimbleness of his feet remind me a little bit of Shady McCoy. I LOVE this pick. He's a legit HR threat. I think he's going to eventually supplant Helu as the #2. The only caveat being that he HAS to show the ability to catch the rock out of the backfield.

Nope.

Lol any more questions?

Exactly. Kids stay off the crack. get rid of some dead weight on this team and add some depth. Ellis has probably put up more yds than all the 3th-6th stringers on our team put together.  Keep in mind, it is 3rd string and the player won't really see the field let alone play a single game.

So then why pay him????

I can show you plenty of RB's who have more yds., then RB's who have yet to see the field/////

WTF is it with some of our fans love affair with Thompson? He's been injured for TWO years! TWO. Please, tell me one thing he did in his two years that helped the team besides keep the trainers table warm. Some of you need to stop thinking with your heart or alma mater and realize this guy has done nothing. It drives me insane seeing post after post for a player that has done zip in two years. Let someone else deal with his injuries. Doesn't scare me for us to let him go.

I would rather sign Tim Hightower than the Law Firm.  Come on dude....sign the law firm?  He's 2 years past his prime.

I hope it works out. If it doesn't, fingers are going to point to the owner and his star qb. Granted, LS wasn't an early pick, but you gotta kinda wonder if it was just a coincidence that he ended up here with his ole buddy.

That's probably what will be hinted at by some but Robert didn't even play with Lache while at Baylor. Lache was redshirting and running scout team while Robert was in his Heisman season. Their ties are closer to teammates than best buds.

Edit: As a Baylor fan I'm bummed he got cut but I definitely understand the decision to keep Redd. The same reasons why Lache didn't see more action were the same reasons why he didn't start the first half of the season his sophomore year at Baylor.

That's probably what will be hinted at by some but Robert didn't even play with Lache while at Baylor. Lache was redshirting and running scout team while Robert was in his Heisman season. Their ties are closer to teammates than best buds.

Edit: As a Baylor fan I'm bummed he got cut but I definitely understand the decision to keep Redd. The same reasons why Lache didn't see more action were the same reasons why he didn't start the first half of the season his sophomore year at Baylor.

Why didn't he play more?

Seastrunk was more impressive than Redd, without a doubt.  I think Redd is just Gruden's guy.  He got more carries, but he does not have the cutting ability, speed or vision that Seastrunk has.

It's been a long time since I was this much against a decision.  This is a huge mistake

Why didn't he play more?

Seastrunk was more impressive than Redd, without a doubt.  I think Redd is just Gruden's guy.  He got more carries, but he does not have the cutting ability, speed or vision that Seastrunk has.

It's been a long time since I was this much against a decision.  This is a huge mistake

It's really not. He'll end up on our PS, ready to be called up at any time.

Gruden drafted Seastrunk, but the UDFA Redd is "Gruden's guy"?

It's really not. He'll end up on our PS, ready to be called up at any time.

Gruden drafted Seastrunk, but the UDFA Redd is "Gruden's guy"?

From reports, RG3 wanted us to draft Seastrunk.  Gruden brought in Redd.

The talent level between the two really isn't even close.  There is no way Seastrunk clears waivers.

Archived