Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Offseason/Mini Camp tweets (whatnot & glutton free) - 6/17/14

A few quotes from that article that should let every Redskins fan be at ease and look forward to the season!:

"I didn’t believe he was planting that back foot in a position where he could transfer over the front and use his lower body,” Shea said. “We worked on making sure he was transferring through on his throws.” 

Shea said this wasn’t an issue in the games he watched Griffin play as a rookie. 

“It seemed like the second year when he missed, a lot of his passes were high and that’s a product of not coming down over the top well enough,” Shea said, “He really addressed that during our six days. He was back on track.

“Robert is great to work with because I can give him one thing in an adjustment and it takes him one or two reps to get him corrected. He’s very good with translating the information.”

I've never been as down on Haslett as most on this forum. Sometimes his scheme are effective. Considering how bad the defense was overall they were good on 3rd down. And over the years there have been flashes of creativity.

But we know that Shanahan had influence over Haslett's defensive calls, as all HC have the right to enforce.

And apparently Haslett and some of the other staff and players felt they couldn't implement their scheme the way they intended....

Only the best coaches can make due without the best talent.

And Haslett is no different, he's an average coach and will produce a defense equal to his talent.

The only thing I'll say is, Haslett's best year as DC was after we lost Orakpo during the 2012 season.  That defense, put together with players who might not have been much more talented than what we've got now, did a great job.  It definitely seemed like he was letting the players be more aggressive that season, so we'll see how all this turns out.  

If he can command a defense like he did that year, we'll be okay.

Chris Russell must have written that piece before yesterday and didn't modify it, because he is talking as if the Browns are interested in Cousins.  Yesterday they signed Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen.

Chris Russell must have written that piece before yesterday and didn't modify it, because he is talking as if the Browns are interested in Cousins.  Yesterday they signed Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen.

Russell mentioned both Thigpen and Young in the article.  Between these two and Cpt. Kirk, there is one thing I can guarantee....Cousins knows Kyle's offense better than the others.  He has two years in it.  If the Browns go WR with the #4 pick and oline with the #26 pick, then can trade #35 for Kirk and go defense the rest of the draft and be a much improved team.  Playoffs?  Maybe.

Those guys don't prevent the Browns from drafting or trading for a QB.

Ross Jones @RossJonesFOX 55m

A.C. Leonard, who transferred from UF, talked to Redskins TE Jordan Reed recently. "We would’ve been better than Hernandez and Gronkowski."

I like AC Leonard as a mid-late round TE prospect but he's more of a big WR then an inline TE.

Someone in Cleveland likes them some read-option. Thigpen introduced the Pistol to the NFL several years ago and Vince ran some read-option when he was at Texas with WR..................Kyle Shanahan.

I think I'm most pleased with the Clark tweet so far about team speed. That guys been around (and faced) some speed over his tenure with Pittsburgh. I thought entering last year that we could be one of the faster teams on offense, but it just didn't translate for a variety of reasons (all of which have been discussed at length in other threads).

I hope this is the year where we finally see it all put on display. Regardless though, its good news, especially since we haven't had the draft/udfa yet.

I think I'm most pleased with the Clark tweet so far about team speed. That guys been around (and faced) some speed over his tenure with Pittsburgh. I thought entering last year that we could be one of the faster teams on offense, but it just didn't translate for a variety of reasons (all of which have been discussed at length in other threads).

I hope this is the year where we finally see it all put on display. Regardless though, its good news, especially since we haven't had the draft/udfa yet.

That tweet stood out to me as well, for the same reason.....i.e. Clark has been around the block a time or two, so he should be able to recognize overall team speed.  I look forward to seeing WR combo's with DJ, Garcon and Robinson spread out, and maybe Helu or CT in the backfield as an outlet receiver.....Reed underneath sitting in the middle of the field....  Man, that thought should keep DC's awake at night.

So....wonder who actually IS the fastest player on the team at this point?

That tweet stood out to me as well, for the same reason.....i.e. Clark has been around the block a time or two, so he should be able to recognize overall team speed.  I look forward to seeing WR combo's with DJ, Garcon and Robinson spread out, and maybe Helu or CT in the backfield as an outlet receiver.....Reed underneath sitting in the middle of the field....  Man, that thought should keep DC's awake at night.

You forgot about Griffin and his speed if things break down.

It's gotta be DJax. Legit 4.3. If what Cooley said about Griffin is accurate, then I'd honestly put him second, then maybe Thompson, Aldrick, and Amerson. Thompson was one of the guys I was hoping would add to our lethality, and was one of the people I was referencing in my earlier post. If he is 100%, he is a 4.4 flat kind of guy. We have some fast dudes on this team, man.

Josh LeRibeus came in at 316lbs. Good, but can he hold it?

Josh 3:16 says I just ate your lunch :P

I thought Josh 3:16 was

For Josh so loved the rolls that he ate every last one, that whosoever would feedeth him might feel embarrassed, as his butt hath ever expanding wide.

I was actually happier that he said the WHOLE team. Offense I expected to be fast with the pieces we have, defense I didn't expect it as much. Now, if they can tackle... and play ST...

Every year I think we could be special. Every year I think were turning the corner and will shake the **** off our coat, that's stunk for the last couple decades and every year the wheels fall right back off again.

It feels different this year. We landed two of the best players from inside our division. Our own drafted talent is succeeding and staying put and an ex disgruntled player, chose to come back and finish his career with us.

I hope this is it and we can finally return to being a dynasty.

Eh, the thing is people have been describing the Steelers as "old and slow" (esp the defense) for a few seasons now.  I'm not really surprised that he came here and felt the difference immediately.

Eh, the thing is people have been describing the Steelers as "old and slow" (esp the defense) for a few seasons now.  I'm not really surprised that he came here and felt the difference immediately.

That, and Clark has gotta be slowing down himself at that age. It's all relative.

Oh, and not to rain on anybody's parade, but I truly doubt that Santana Moss is still running a 4.4. LOL

Not that he should be seeing the field much anyway, hopefully.

Archived