Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Offseason/Mini Camp tweets (whatnot & glutton free) - 6/17/14

Is it just me, or do our rookies look small? 

I guess fresh out of college guys normally look smaller than the guys we're used to watching on Sundays. 

Are you kidding? Moses is huge. :)

Yeah, considering Long is 6'5" 320 and Moses looks like he dwarfs him in that picture.  Some of it's probably the camera angle, but still.

http://www.csnwashington.com/redskins/first-look-redskins-rookies-mini-camp

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna 41m

Rookie running backs. That's former Penn state/USC Silas Redd pic.twitter.com/DcFN8opJDs

Bn2HHPkIYAAd4eV.jpg

Redskins en Español @Redskins_Es 1h

Los novatos se dirijan al campo de entrenamiento vía @Redskins pic.twitter.com/dwakXUMFBK

Bn18ZtSCcAALkEW.jpg

Washington Redskins @Redskins 51m

Spencer Long and Morgan Moses get loose and perform individual drills at today's rookie minicamp #HTTR https://vine.co/v/MX9jVPaevtr

Video here

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 24s

I saw Lache Seastrunk with a really nice bounce to his left outside after he got bottled up inside. You can see the lateral speed he has.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 2m

As I am sure @john_keim will point, Bashaud Breeland is quite chippy, physical but also tends to tug and hold jersey. Saw his long speed too

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna 2m

This is for Jerry Murphy: "Dad, it was positive day, I'm getting better...this reporter can keep you updated. Dealer's choice." #Redskins

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 3m

CB Bashaud Breeland looks bigger than the 6-foot, 198 he's listed at. Great length and physicality.

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna 5m

Stanford's Trent Murphy says the playbook isn't very different. Vic Fangio, 49ers' DC was his DC, the scheme here is similiar 3-4 #Redskins

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 5m

Stanford players usually miss OTAs because graduation isn’t until mid June. But that’s not a problem for Trent Murphy; he already graduated.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 5m

Before beating Murphy a few times, Morgan Moses was just shredded on a speed rush to his outside at RT by Michael Cole (tryout) from Maine.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 7m

Moses appeared to get the best of Murphy in the majority of their matchups. #Redskins

Lache Seastrunk showed good burst and elusiveness as a ball carrier.

TE Ted Bolser was targeted on a number of downfield routes. He's used to splitting out wide and running routes as a WR.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 15m

New #Redskins RB Lache Seastrunk: “I would never let anybody hit my mom, and I won’t let anybody hit RGIII.”

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 11m

7th round PK Zach Hocker looked good. 2 KO's in front of me into middle & out of end zone. I had him 5/6 on FGA's missing from 50. Made a 50

Saw 7th round pick TE Ted Bolser drop three passes with two coming on back to back drills.He also got shoved back by Murphy w/ a 2-hand push

I thought Murphy struggled to stand-out vs. Moses or anyone else. Played a PA Boot well and almost swallowed a pass attempt but missed it.

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna 16m

Redskins LB Trent Murphy's father Jerry Murphy texts him constantly asking him whats going on. He also stalks the internet for updates

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 1m

Anthony Brown a OLB (tryout) displayed a vicious spin move to beat OT DeAndre Williams (tryout) on one 1-on-1 rush drill. #Redskins

3rd round pick Spencer Long out of Nebraska said he had no issues at all with his knee after yesterday & this morning's workout.

Early on, RB Silas Reed (USC/Penn St) didn't run a outside zone cone drill right a few guys in. RB coach Randy Jordan "Stop, stop, stop!"

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 3m

Lache Seastrunk looked right at home during a drill where he weaved through tight cones and caught a series of passes from RB coach.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 5m

G Spencer Long did indeed go full-speed today. He missed portion of last season w MCL/PCL surgery. Has been full go since March.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 3m

Back to Breeland, saw his long speed on overthrow with perfect inside coverage. Would have never been complete. Early, got nice jam on a WR.

Seastrunk's feet are pretty incredible.  The guy can go forward, sideways, forward, without losing a step.  His feet remind me a bit of Al Mo's, though they are obviously different types of backs.  Quick in the hole.  I'm anxious to see if Seastrunk can be a durable back.  

Guys I'm interested in watching/hearing about

Michael Box - QB

Tyrone Cornelius - LB

Regan Dufort - OL (strong)

AJ Blue - RB - interesting tidbit, Randy Jordan (RB coach Skins) was his running backs coach in college

Also, AJ was a QB coming out of high school.  Kid might have the best arm in DC.  Freakin' cannon.  

Aaaaand Breeland with the early lead on ES offseason man crushes!

Nah, Seastrunk seems to be the one although he's not going to start obviously.  How can you not crush on a guy who says “I would never let anybody hit my mom, and I won’t let anybody hit RGIII.”?

Keim's Redskins rookie minicamp observations

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/7769/redskins-rookie-minicamp-observations

1. Tackle Morgan Moses is a big man and stands out in the crowd -- even among his peers. But Moses will always need to work on staying low in his stance. The first time I saw him try to block, he was moving to his left and lunged -- too bent at the waist on other times, too. He’ll have to work on staying balanced. That's what this weekend is for; to start correcting some of these issues.
  3. But he used his long arms a couple of times to stop Trent Murphy -- also long -- on the pass rush. I’ll be curious to see how he progresses coming off the ball and being able to attack defenders.

1. One thing Murphy will have to learn: how to lessen the gap between he and the tackle. Otherwise, it’ll be hard to use his hands. In a one-on-one rush, Murphy dipped and should have had the advantage, but failed to get it.
  3. After the rush, outside linebackers coach Brian Baker – do not underestimate this guy’s presence – worked with him on dipping his shoulder to complete the move. That’s what this weekend is all about: learning a lesson, then applying it as they move forward. They spoke for another 5-10 minutes after the practice while the other players exited.
  5. Murphy lined up at left outside linebacker all of practice. Eventually I can see him being moved around; it’s what he did in college and it worked.
  7. Guard Spencer Long was beaten in a one-on-one the first time I saw him by tryout linebacker Aaron Davis; speed to Long's outside. But the next time he went, Long anchored well. Saw him do that in college, too; strong base. For what it’s worth, Long said he feels normal coming off his MCL tear this past season.

1. Corner Bashaud Breeland likes to get his hands on receivers, even after the five yards that are allowed. He’s physical and with long arms. He’ll try to get a subtle grab at the top of a route. Just something to watch this summer.
  3. But Breeland, playing right corner, is experienced in press. Used good technique on one jam, getting his left hand on the inside of the receiver and bumping him off stride. Did not see a lot of separation from receivers against him.

1. Need to see more of running back Lache Seastrunk catching the ball. In one drill where players weave through cones and then catch a pass, saw a drop. But to measure his hands, need to see a lot more and in game situations. He’s convinced his hands aren’t an issue.
  3. In a one-on-one drill designed to help special teams, Seastrunk did one of his classic plant and cut moves. He made a hard jab to the left, let the defender bite and then cut back the other way.
  5. For what it’s worth, Seastrunk told the Redskins he would like a shot at returning kicks. Not sure if that will happen or not.

Archived