Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Offseason/Mini Camp tweets (whatnot & glutton free) - 6/17/14

I just laughed at that RG3 minicamp photo and thought to myself watch all the uptight fans talk about how he should be more serious and look like a manic depressive because that's what makes a good QB. Then they'll point out Kirk behind him with his laser like focus making sure that conditioning drill is done properly while RGMe mugs for the cameras and shows how much of a diva he is. 

Lol.  And the main reason he's doing it is probably because he's already done with the drill while everyone else is still finishing up.

Robert Griffin III @RGIII now

Mini-Camp Day 2!!! We out here building #together & having fun doing it #KnowYourWhy @redskins http://instagram.com/p/nbZODXveTs/

jarvis jenkins @Jarvis99jenkins Apr 28

Mini camp tommorow. Excited to get out there with my brothers and work #HTTR

Aldrick Robinson @AldrickRobinson Apr 29

GET UP AND GET PAID

NFL Facts @NFLfax now

#NFL #facts Last season @RGIII became the 1st #Redskins QB in the Super Bowl era to post 3 consecutive 300 yard passing games

BIG DADDY @hatcher97 2h

Another great day of practice. God is good!!!!

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 2h

Also a look at @hatcher97 in burgundy and gold (looks a lot better than blue and silver) #HTTR (Image via: @Redskins) pic.twitter.com/KraWnQ49Pu

BmfR74SIAAAY51b.jpg

BIG DADDY @hatcher97 Apr 29

After the first day of mini camp all I can say is WOW!!!!!! #excited

John Keim @john_keim 2m

from this morning: Kory Lichtensteiger likes switch to center #redskins http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/7313/lichtensteiger-likes-switch-to-center 

Kory Lichtensteiger wasn’t surprised by the move. He knows people around the league view him as a center. He knows his build is more suited to that position.

So when the Redskins told him that’s where he’d play this season, it made sense.

“I’m excited about it,” Lichtensteiger said. “It’s one of those things I always excelled at, more so than guard. When I made that switch in college [at Bowling Green], it was my better years at football. For whatever reason my build, my ability is more suited to center. I look forward to snapping the ball, making some calls and hopefully taking my game to a higher level.”

The Redskins certainly would like that, too. They released the previous starter, Will Montgomery, to make room for Lichtensteiger’s switch from left guard. And they plan to start newly signed Shawn Lauvao at left guard.

At the owners meetings, Redskins coach Jay Gruden called Lichtensteiger a natural center. But having a chance to watch him this week during the three-day voluntary minicamp will give Gruden a better feel on his new center.

“A lot of guys project to center because they have great movement, but if you can’t shotgun snap, it’s hard to play center,” Gruden said. “But hopefully, training camp and OTAs we’ll get a great look and he’ll be able to do that. I don’t think it’ll be a problem.”

I think he does but it's more complicated than what he states. I believe the Shanahans kept using the read option as a crutch because they didn't have patience enough to develop him as a pocket passer. Shanahan was all about winning now and he tried to take shortcuts in a lot of ways. When they saw how well the read option worked they built too much of the Offense around it. I never really understood why Shanahan agreed to trade and draft a guy he knew was raw as a dropback passer then get upset because he couldn't turn him into one overnight.

Right.  Which is why I think Dilfer has no idea what he's talking about.  I just went and watched the actual video of what he said, and he stated that the main point of contention between the Shannahans and RGIII was the fact that RGIII didn't want to be a drop back passer who went through his progressions.  He was saying that RGIII wanted to use his athleticism and run more.  That was actually the opposite of what was going on.  RGIII wanted to run less, and throw from the pocket more after his injury.

I really think these media "analysts" should spend more time analyzing and less time spewing out whatever fits their narrative.

More than welcome, sir *tips fedora*

*I'm not actually wearing a fedora lol...

LOL dude, if you were the type of cat to rock a Trilby fedora these days..I experimented before the neckbearded brony set started to ruin its "good name" but it never worked and it's even worse when they do it.  Just add a "m'lady" and act like a poorly formed set of premises is keenly constructed and unassailable logic and you'll be set!

Good to see Phillip Thomas on the field again. Would be nice to see that not turn out to be another wasted draft pick.

Yeah. He seems like a humble dude, hope he can get some playing time. That injury looked like nothing on TV, too. I remember thinking, "Oh, he'll be back in the next play."

Archived