Extremeskins

Official ES Offseason/Mini Camp tweets (whatnot & glutton free) - 6/17/14

Yes, the kid out of Pittsburgh in the 4th round. Savage

I just looked at their depth chart.

R. Fitzpatrick 
C. Keenum 
T. Savage 
T. Yates 

Wasn't Yates the guy that played well for them a few years ago? He's all the way down.

Fitz gets the ball out very fast.

That always seems to be the achilles heel of this defense.

Yates is the guy who played well in 2012.  Maybe he is a Shanny/Kubiak offense guy.  I didn't think he was anything special in the playoffs that year. 

John Keim's Minicamp Observations:

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/8380/redskins-minicamp-observations

1. David Amerson looks bigger and, indeed, he said he's added about six or seven pounds of muscle. Amerson does appear to have more toned arms. That will help when he plays press coverage and in run support. I'll have more on Amerson later this summer, but know this: He's had a good spring. Saw him stick with Pierre Garcon in a couple one-on-one occasions. Also, more importantly, saw him use his eyes better and more consistently. It was an issue last year.

2. Did see Garcon get him on one crossing route. Amerson tried to jam him, putting his right hand onto Garcon's outside shoulder. But Garcon's strength helped him here as he wasn't knocked off stride and created separation running across the middle.

3. Saw this for the first time: a receiver doing a spin move at the line to get away from press coverage. Garcon tried that against Amerson, but it didn't work. Amerson stayed patient and, partly because he didn't try to jam Garcon, was not fooled by the move.

Theres 18 observations so its a long article

John Keim's Minicamp Observations:

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/8380/redskins-minicamp-observations

Theres 18 observations so its a long article

This is what caught my eye.  Zach just maybe our new kicker people.

17. The field goal kickers attempted three kicks apiece (from 39, 44 and 50 yards) at the narrow goal posts (about half the width of regular ones). Rookie Zach Hocker made all three attempts -- the ball jumped off his foot on the 50-yarder. Kai Forbath missed two of three but on regular goal posts he would have made each attempt. 

This is what caught my eye.  Zach just maybe our new kicker people.

17. The field goal kickers attempted three kicks apiece (from 39, 44 and 50 yards) at the narrow goal posts (about half the width of regular ones). Rookie Zach Hocker made all three attempts -- the ball jumped off his foot on the 50-yarder. Kai Forbath missed two of three but on regular goal posts he would have made each attempt. 

No idea, I thought it was Malone who got high praise

John Keim @john_keim  ·  37m

Hatcher says he will undergo arthroscopic surgery to clean up knee. Our 4-6 weeks

Michael David Smith @MichaelDavSmith  ·  1h

Redskins will appeal. If they lose the appeal, it's over. No way the NFL will have a team name that's not trademarked http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/us-patent-office-cancels-redskins-trademark-registration-says-name-is-disparaging/2014/06/18/e7737bb8-f6ee-11e3-8aa9-dad2ec039789_story.html 

John Keim @john_keim  ·  2h

Orakpo returned to practice. But Ryan Kerrigan is not working. Here but no helmet. #Redskins

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer  ·  15h

Will say this about the Redskins under Jay Gruden -- Lots of energy at the practices I've been to. Lots of chirping. Lots of competition.

ryan van bibber @justRVB  ·  53m

It's going to be really awkward when Dan Snyder & the NFL realize RG3 has already trademarked everything.

MarkMaske @MarkMaske  ·  25m

Bruce Allen when asked whether the Redskins can continue to use their name: "Did you read it?... We're fine. We're fine."

Chris Russell @Russellmania980  ·  2h

#Redskins Mini-Camp Report from Tuesday http://www.espn980.com/includes/blog/index.php?action=blog&blog_id=8&post_id=18661  Lots of details on J-Reed, secondary, RB's, D-Line! #NFL #Skins

michael phillips @michaelpRTD  ·  8m

Jason Hatcher out 4-6 weeks. Getting his knee scoped. Said he doesn't want to go into the season at 80 percent.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD  ·  6m

The trademark case has been in some form of litigation since 1992. Today's ruling is not final by any means. Appeals still available.

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna  ·  33s

Just learned Jay Gruden is a grandpa. #Redskins

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna  ·  50m

This celebration happened just seconds after DeAngelo Hall intercepted RG3's pass to DeSean Jackson. #Redskins

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna  ·  2h

Brian Orakpo is back at practice today (he was sick yesterday)

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN  ·  11m

Ryan Kerrigan was sidelined today by a minor back strain. Said he would have practiced in the regular season. #RedskinsTalk

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980  ·  41s

Gruden says you are not going to see a "prettier athlete" than Keenan Robinson but Perry Riley has done a great jon as well. #Redskins

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980  ·  1m

Gruden says he feels good where they are at, making progress "slowly but surely" #Redskins

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980  ·  3m

Jay Gruden says his coaches have developed and re-developed the techniques and drills as they get to know players better. #Redskins

Brian McNally @bmcnally14  ·  6m

#Redskins DE Jason Hatcher will have knee surgery. "No major damage..." says coach Jay Gruden. But any visit to Dr. Andrews is unwelcome.

John Keim @john_keim  ·  1m

Brian baker called Brandon Jenkins perhaps most improved player this spring. He needed that to be the case. Baker has been hard on him

John Keim @john_keim  ·  9m

Brian baker says sacks get guys paid but sack/ fumbles win games. Big point of emphasis this spring #Redskins

John Keim @john_keim  ·  7m

FYI: hatcher said he will undergo his procedure on Thursday. Cleaning up cartilage on left knee

BurgundyBlog.com @BurgundyBlog 2h

Intrstng. MT @TarikCSN: One diff on ST this year: all assistant coaches are working with Kotwica. Right now Morris and Hilliard are helping.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo  ·  1m

Gruden said his assistants will get away for a bit over the next few weeks but he'll for the most part work at the park, prepping for camp.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo  ·  6m

OLB coach Brian Baker: Rak and Kerrigan working hard and evident why they're pro bowlers. Wants to capitalize on Rak speed, Kerrigan power.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo  ·  8m

Kotwica says physicality is a mark of how he wants his special teams units to play.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo  ·  9m

Special teams coach Ben Kotwica said he's encouraged by how players are buying in. Says he doesn't yet know what things will look like.

Washington Redskins @Redskins  ·  21m

Gruden said the offense is running 65-80 plays a day during minicamp. "For the most part, I think our guys are getting some good work."

Washington Redskins @Redskins  ·  22m

Gruden: Players have bought in to the special team periods during practices and meetings. "We know how much of an impact special teams has."

Washington Redskins @Redskins  ·  18m

Gruden said he's been impressed with the camraderie throughout the roster. "I feel like the team together is coming along great."

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN  ·  20h

Trent Murphy called facing Trent Williams in practice like getting a "doctorate" in pass rushing. http://bit.ly/1iECLTo  So long college.

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN  ·  5m

Hatcher also said he didn't hurt his knee on a single play. It's from the build up of years of pounding. #RedskinsTalk

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN  ·  6m

Jason Hatcher on tomorrow's scope on left knee: “If I’m better, the defense is better. I have to do what's best for the team first.”

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN  ·  35m

Just spent about 10 min. with #Redskins OLB coach Brian Baker. Best time spent all week. Learned a lot about pass rush. #RedskinsTalk

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980  ·  5m

If Jason Hatcher is out 4-6 weeks as he said - the exact five week mark from date of surgery is the first day of TC 2014. #Redskins #NFL

Brian McNally @bmcnally14  ·  1m

Santana Moss on #Redskins trademark case "I feel like as a Redskin I don't think that we wore this name trying to bring any harm to anybody"

Christa Blackmon @TheOdalisque 30m

It does seem like a lot of the #Redskins problems could be solved if they just changed their mascot to a potato.

Dwayne Haskins, Jr @dh_simba7 48m

Rg3 and I at Redskins Park. #redskins #httr @RGIII pic.twitter.com/55rIwj5zFs

Bqa7EdUCcAAxv4Z.jpg

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980  ·  1m

Gruden on Hatcher "There's no major damage in there whatsoever....We don't feel like it's a long-term thing. A clean 'em up type of thing."

Jason Hatcher @hatcher97  ·  19h

My knee is ok. It's minor I'll be ready to kill quarterbacks when the season starts. Just a Lil bump in the road. God is good!! #HTTR

Ryan Clark @Realrclark25  ·  28m

We had alumni day today at minicamp and about half way through practice I realized I played with almost half the guys out there!

Courtney Bridget @DontThrowAt21_  ·  18h

It's never as good as it seem and it's never as bad as it seems

Courtney Bridget @DontThrowAt21_  ·  4h

Super tired but if I don't clock in somebody else working for the same thing will. Good morning!

ryan van bibber @justRVB  ·  18m

Washington Consultants

ryan van bibber @justRVB  ·  4h

Good morning. Remember, Brandon Weeden is one backache away from being Jerry's starting QB. http://youtu.be/T8SsCqpa-Lk

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks  ·  59s

Redskins attorney statement says they'll appeal. Of course.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 1m

#Redskins: “Evidence in the current claim is virtually identical to the evidence a federal judge decided was insufficient more 10 years ago”

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN  ·  14m

More Hatcher: "I don’t want 2 go into the season 80%. I want 2 be 100, so I can be the best Hatch for this football team, for this defense."

Redskins Womens Club @WOWRedskins  ·  23h

We sat down with #Redskins rookie @TMurphy_93 to learn about some of his favorite things, hidden talents & more! http://bit.ly/1vB7lVt

From Phoenix, Arizona by way of Stanford University, meet Trent Murphy! This All-American linebacker was born December 22, 1990, and became a Washington Redskins player in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft. 

WOW sat down with Trent to find out more about one of our newest players, and a 2014 rookie to watch:

What is your favorite food?
Spinach...or steak

What is the best advice someone has ever given you?
"Fortune favors the prepared"

Do you have any pets?
A German Shepherd

I wish I could have liked specific tweets.  

I think my favorites were:

Brian Baker saying Jenkins is the most imporved player.

NFL and Snyder being shocked when they realize RGIII has trademarked everything

Redskins could solve name issue by changing their mascot to a potato.  (I laughed out loud) with that one, and honestly, I kindof wish they did it. Would make sense if they were in Idaho.  But can you imagine, just remove the Chief's head, go with plain burgundy, and just be a Redskin ... Potato.  Love it.  Would be a massive middle-finger to all the weenies who have nothing better to do but fight about the name.

John Keim @john_keim  ·  1m

Brian baker called Brandon Jenkins perhaps most improved player this spring. He needed that to be the case. Baker has been hard on him

GHH, first round is on me, second round on you,,,third round who cares, cheers to Jenkins and Jenkins bringing it. 

SWFL, I haven't had a drink since before boyzilla was born and I would still buy the next round after hearing that bit of news

Archived