Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Offseason/Mini Camp tweets (whatnot & glutton free) - 6/17/14

Get your facts straight, Pittman never threw any punches. The whole incident happened right in front of the ref, as well as on TV

(pic of Taylor getting punched in the face)

That's not a punch?

It surely should have been AT LEAST 15 yards, maybe an ejection. 

Folks, this is why I recommend not using phrases like "get your facts straight" lol...

Punching a guy wearing a helmet is just plain dumb. Take a page from Andre Johnson's book and take his helmet off first if you're throwing punches

I love watching the Johnson/Finnegan fight. It makes me feel like there is still some good in this world. 

Umm, there's video footage of Taylor spitting in to Pittmans face. I've seen it plenty of times. Also, I'm sure we can find instances of MANY refs blowing major calls against us. Then again, complaining about refs is loser talk so I'm done.

Ask Sacramento kings fans if complaining about the refs is loser talk lol

Punching a guy wearing a helmet is just plain dumb. Take a page from Andre Johnson's book and take his helmet off first if you're throwing punches

That looked as well placed as it could get though.  If I was the ref, I'd look the other way on the punch as well if I knew the guy had just been spit on.  I mostly don't like Mike Carey though because he's the biggest "look at me" ref out there.  If he could get away with Santana Moss' first down celebration, he'd do it.

It surely should have been AT LEAST 15 yards, maybe an ejection. 

Get your facts straight, Pittman was swatting at a bee and Taylor's face just happened to be there. It is just a weird coincidence that Taylor spit on him right before the bee attack. Obviously Mike Carey saw the bee.

Also, if someone spits on me, they should prepare to be punched. I would rather be punched than spit on. I think that is one of the more vile confrontational acts. Punch me and there is a 90% chance I am coming back at you, the 10% left would be me questioning whether or not I deserved the punch. Sometimes I do. However, spit on me and there is a 100% chance I am coming at you.

That's true but no big deal. The head coach should set the direction of the team. One could argue that he made a mistake not hiring a coach who had more experience with a 3-4 scheme to run the defense after he decided to make the switch.

Shanahan had the right to change the basic defensive allignment but it was a bad decision. At the time he was hired, the Skins had a decent D and a bad offense. He was an offensively oriented Coach primarily hired to improve the offense.

In his "my way or the highway" style, he insisted that his players adapt. We did not have 3-4 personnel and the shift was premature.Rather than focus his energies on the offense, the D slowly began to unravel starting with the primadonna(sp?) Haynesworth who had just been hired to be a penetrating DT and hated NT....

Haynesworth was humiliated then fired. Cofield was moved from his natural DT position to NT. Fletch, a prototype 4-3 MLB was now asked to do more coverage....etc.

The D still hasn't recovered..

If you spit in someones face you deserve to get punched in the face period. Spitting in someones face is the biggest sign of disrespect period! On the other hand we don't know what took place on the field to cause the spitting incident but at the end of the day I think the only thing Pittman cares about is that they lost the game against us. 

If you spit in someones face you deserve to get punched in the face period. Spitting in someones face is the biggest sign of disrespect period! On the other hand we don't know what took place on the field to cause the spitting incident but at the end of the day I think the only thing Pittman cares about is that they lost the game against us. 

This.

I know ST is a god to many but he was 110% out of line and Pittman should have knocked him the  **** out.

Nobody is saying a punch was undeserved. ...they are saying that you either penalize both, or none, & make the punishment even. Calling it one way, & ignoring the other is unbalanced, & not objective. Regardless of who did what, or which was worse....they both offended & should have been penalized accordingly, or not at all.

That was Mike Carey's job that day, & he failed at that.

Nobody is saying a punch was undeserved. ...they are saying that you either penalize both, or none, & make the punishment even. Calling it one way, & ignoring the other is unbalanced, & not objective. Regardless of who did what, or which was worse....they both offended & should have been penalized accordingly, or not at all.

That was Mike Carey's job that day, & he failed at that.

Good grief, thank you.

Haynesworth was humiliated then fired.

Haynesworth did a pretty good job humiliating himself.

Except that one play where he used the Bear's? guard to tackle the QB; that was admittedly beast.

Good grief, thank you.

Except that one play where he used the Bear's? guard to tackle the QB; that was admittedly beast.

And that play in a goal line stand where he actually leaped his fat ass over the offensive line and slammed into Cutler, causing him to fumble at the goal line and we recovered. (I think it was against the Bears, anyway)

And that play in a goal line stand where he actually leaped his fat ass over the offensive line and slammed into Cutler, causing him to fumble at the goal line and we recovered. (I think it was against the Bears, anyway)

ohhh god yes i remember that play!! yep it was against the bears. that was awesome. i think he also did something like that against the panthers a season before that too.

ohhh god yes i remember that play!! yep it was against the bears. that was awesome. i think he also did something like that against the panthers a season before that too.

Yes, I remember seeing the replay of that as I was watching the game, and was PO'd that we were going to give up a score so had taken a beer break.  When I got back from the fridge, the score was the same and we had the ball. 

Fat Albert could be impactful, but only when he wanted.  To say his motor only went 50% most of the time would be generous....after he got paid by us.  And he was a moron off the field also. 

I agree Carey should have thrown the flag I was just disagreeing with someone who said just because someone spits on you doesn't give you the right to punch someone.

I feel that gives you 100% right to punch someone, yes it's against the rules and you should be penalized but at the end of the day you're a man and you must demand respect if an opponent thinks so little of you that he can just spit in your face. 

Good grief, thank you.

Yes, I remember seeing the replay of that as I was watching the game, and was PO'd that we were going to give up a score so had taken a beer break.  When I got back from the fridge, the score was the same and we had the ball. 

Fat Albert could be impactful, but only when he wanted.  To say his motor only went 50% most of the time would be generous....after he got paid by us.  And he was a moron off the field also. 

...and then there's this

Get your facts straight, Pittman was swatting at a bee and Taylor's face just happened to be there. It is just a weird coincidence that Taylor spit on him right before the bee attack. Obviously Mike Carey saw the bee.

Oh snap, subtle National Security references on ES?! I never thought I'd see the day.  Oddly enjoyable flick for being horrible.

Archived