Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Offseason/Mini Camp tweets (whatnot & glutton free) - 6/17/14

Lot of comments say it's 365 lbs, hopes its more though haha

I think I saw a pre-draft (or maybe pre-season) workout video from 2012 where he squatted 600+ pounds (one rep max.)  So, I think he's capable of doing more if that was 365.   Looked like a lot and that bar was bending, I thought Olympic bars wouldn't bend yet at that weight.

I think I saw a pre-draft (or maybe pre-season) workout video from 2012 where he squatted 600+ pounds (one rep max.)  So, I think he's capable of doing more if that was 365.   Looked like a lot and that bar was bending, I thought Olympic bars wouldn't bend yet at that weight.

Agree with everything you mentioned and seen the video. Maybe the plates go higher than standard 45 lbs, only Robert knows. BTW while searching for his video, I came across this nugget if no one has already seen it.

Phillip Daniels box squatting

The only thing that concerns me is that A) Its a little high (even for a box squat) and B)....

- Im still worried about his ACL..His squat form along with his body type lead me to believe he is Quad dominant vs hip dominant (Quad dominant leads to ACl injuries).

You can see he makes a point to keep his knees out when he goes down in the squat and track his knees over the outside of his foot (good). But when he comes off the box you see the Vastus Lateralis(Quad muscle on outside of quad to knee) dominate the movement while his hips, adducter(inside thigh near groin), and Vastus Medialis(Quad muscle on inside of quad to knee) take a back seat.

This causes the knee to bend in slightly...(Its basically the same thing people were pointing out in the Subway commercial a while back).

Again, he is a QB and not a WR or RB, but it is still a concern

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/8698/something-to-prove-rg-iii  
Something to prove: RG III

Griffin is a hard-working player determined to have success. Yes, he has limitations as a quarterback -- all of them do. He, and the coaches, must find ways to work around those issues. But this offense, and Gruden's style, could be good for him as a developing passer. They have more receivers who can win one-on-one battles, which will enable him to work through progressions faster and check to better plays. Audibles alone won't help him succeed; the previous offense had automatic checks that many on offense said could get them out of bad situations (sort of like a pre-determined audible). Growing as a pocket passer -- which means not just throwing from here but also his presence -- will matter much more. The Redskins would be wise not to overload Griffin. He’s still a young quarterback now learning his second passing offense. They have the ability to keep it (relatively) simple this season and then build/add to any success. If the Redskins use more drop-back passes and no play-action, then the line must do its part and Griffin must help them with more decisive throws. The talent and style of the offense could make that possible.

Jason Hatcher @hatcher97 23h

My rehab is going great, I'm excited about the grind to get back. No rush but I can't wait to get back and be on a exciting defense. #HTTR

Chris Baker @cbaker92redskin Jul 2

Give it all you got see the light at the end of tunnel @carlsfitness #striveforgreatness #httrhttp://instagram.com/p/p8-c3rLHIV/

Chris Russell @Russellmania980  ·  13h

#Redskins blitz 11th most in #NFL in '13, but had 3rd highest PRP (Pass rush productivity) @PFF. 18 sacks, 24 hits, 51 hurries. 1.SEA 2.CAR

Karl Safchick @KarlSafchick 33m

I've done my best to refrain from writing about #Redskins players, but the evidence for Alfred Morris being an elite RB is overwhelming.

Jarvis jenkins @Jarvis99jenkins  ·  17h

The Closer I get to training camp the more grateful I am to be doing what I love. #HTTR

Courtney Bridget @DontThrowAt21_  ·  20h

Successful people do what unsuccessful people don't.

Mark Bullock @UkRedskin1  ·  Jul 2

Think this move from Gruden to give RGIII more responsibility at the LOS will help build that trust RGIII lacked with Shanahan's. Smart.

Mark Bullock @UkRedskin1  ·  Jul 2

Lets not forget Cousins came in & called out a blitz straight away vs Chiefs RT @marioc: But, don't rule out simple coaching arrogance.

Justin Tuck @JustinTuck  ·  15h

Shooting with @rgiii and that young gun anthonybarr #eatfresh subway http://instagram.com/p/p-FCRzpbNV/

10471938_561525453957635_1604515783_n.jp

Paul Conner @P_Hazard  ·  15h

Tonight, I talked to a guy who played against Jay Gruden numerous times in Arena League. Called him a "genius."

Paul Conner @P_Hazard  ·  15h

Wade Phillips is the Richard Sherman of unemployed coaches.

Washington Redskins @Redskins  ·  20h

READ: Former #Redskins LT Chris Samuels named best pick of 2000 NFL draft. http://redsk.in/1o2qh9V 

Jamie Fritz @JamieFritz Jul 1

Great day on set with @MarcusAllenHOF and the rest of the Heisman crew! #MarcusAllen #Heisman #JohnnyFootball #RGIII pic.twitter.com/zulbxQ86kr

Bobby Hutton @Bobby_Hutton 13h

Alfred Morris better be in the top 10. #NFLTop100

ROlaRele.jpeg

BTW Congrats to Kirk Cousins - might not have found his wife, if not drafted here.

BTW Congrats to Kirk Cousins - might not have found his wife, if not drafted here.

I only know this because Kirk was the guest speaker at a men's breakfast I attended. They were actually introduced in college by a mutual friend. She was at Georgia I think and he was at MSU of course. No biggie.

#Redskins WR @AndreRoberts: Maybe my decision would have been different to sign in Washington if I knew DeSean was going to be here. #SXMNFL

I wonder what this is about.

Was he misquoted or trying to word it differently? Could be exactly how he feels I guess. If so, it's kind of weird considering his other tweets seem positive about the WR group.  :unsure:

Inside Slant: Crushing Robert Griffin III?

And why have opinions cooled so quickly? Largely, it seems, because of circumstances beyond Griffin's control and/or marginally related to his performance. Insiders who participated in the project savaged his personality, most notably for his apparent refusal to take blame for mistakes, and expressed concern about his ability to throw from the pocket.

Those reasons seem bogus to me and, more than anything, are a reminder that some NFL teams are too quick to judge players while others put too much emphasis on their most recent play. I understand why it happens -- the pressure to win immediately is enormous -- but in these views we can see the framework for how the NFL can crush a promising player before he has chance to set his feet.

Here are the facts as I see them: Griffin dropped into a dysfunctional situation, one that contributed to him being on the field for a career-changing knee injury at the end of his rookie year, and his biggest fault to date has been an inability to prevent the franchise's collapse.

One head coach in the story doubted Griffin's ability to throw from the pocket. A defensive coordinator also questioned how accurate Griffin can be from there. I wonder if that perception is based on a thorough analysis of his play, or if it's a lazy projection based on the usual assumption that talented runners can't (or don't want to be) accurate pocket passers.

In truth, data shows that Griffin has been one of the NFL's better-performing pocket passers over the past two seasons. According to ESPN Stats & Information, he ranks among the top 11 qualified passers in completion percentage (65.0), touchdown/interception ratio (2.13) and Total Quarterback Rating (65.5) on passes thrown from the pocket during the 2012 and 2013 seasons combined.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/130936/inside-slant-crushing-robert-griffin-iii

Was he misquoted or trying to word it differently? Could be exactly how he feels I guess. If so, it's kind of weird considering his other tweets seem positive about the WR group.  :unsure:

I remember when we first acquired Jackson, Roberts had a quote similar to this. I'm surprised he would say this to the media, again, three months later. 

I don't have an issue with it, and it makes sense. He wanted to have a chance at a #2 position...that was the whole point of leaving Arizona. It makes perfect sense that the Redskins would've been less attractive if he was only going to be the #3 guy, and so probably would've looked elsewhere. Doesn't mean he's unhappy to be here or isn't going to give it his best, but simply being honest that he wouldn't have been likely to have made the same choice.

I actually think that's a sign of a good thing. We have a guy who feels he can be a number two, who's stats I think legitimately suggest he could be a number two, sitting there as our number three. That works to our advantage, and probably wouldn't have happened had we got DJax earlier.

Haynesworth was a butthead the year before in a 4-3. That was just a bad idea all around.

Agreed. That's why my "primadonna" label.

However, at Tennessee and early during his Skins stint he showed extradordinary ability to take on double teams and still generate inside pressure.

He hated the concept of a stand your ground NT. His bad attitude made even worse by bad (head)coaching.

What a strange career.

Just a reminder, RGIII is a freakish athlete

http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/just-reminder-rgiii-freakish-athlete

There have been a lot of distractions this offseason for the Washington Redskins. Mike Shanahan was fired as head coach, DeSean Jackson did some NFC East-hopping down to D.C, and the team's name and logo have been a hot topic of public debate and scrutiny. But amidst all of these distractions, Robert Griffin III still shines as a beacon of light for the Redskins. 

More at the link above, including a video clip proving the title true..

Just a reminder, RGIII is a freakish athlete

http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/just-reminder-rgiii-freakish-athlete

There have been a lot of distractions this offseason for the Washington Redskins. Mike Shanahan was fired as head coach, DeSean Jackson did some NFC East-hopping down to D.C, and the team's name and logo have been a hot topic of public debate and scrutiny. But amidst all of these distractions, Robert Griffin III still shines as a beacon of light for the Redskins. 

More at the link above, including a video clip proving the title true..

Damn lol...

When all the lightbulbs click on inside his head for good...watch the **** out.

Robert Griffin III said there are no longer any "ulterior motives" in the Redskins' organization.

"What I think is going to help us most this year is that everybody in that building is going to be for us being successful and for us winning," Griffin said. That unveiled jab at former-coach Mike Shanahan was quickly followed by Griffin saying new coach Jay Gruden "has been phenomenal." The feel-good factor is sky high in Washington right now, but that feeling will dissipate quickly if Washington's bottom-five defense does not make a significant improvement this time around. Jul 3 - 3:16 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/one-year-makes-world-of-difference-for-robert-griffin-iii-070314?place3

"That's what people don't understand," Griffin, 24, told FOXSports.com. "Being around my teammates, being able to work with them, condition with them and lift with them, just the locker room talk is all so important. It's important to me.

"Last year, I didn't have an opportunity to do that, but I didn't take that mindset into the season and say, 'This is going to hurt me. This is going to hurt me.' I'm going keep playing the hand that's dealt to me. Last year, I had the rehab. This year, I don't have to do that. I'm going to take full advantage of that."

Reed, who didn't play after Week 11 due to concussions, spent a week in March with Griffin and others in Arizona working on timing and developing chemistry.

"I think he's one of the most talented tight ends in the league," Griffin said. "He'll have an opportunity to show that. He's a guy that runs some of the best routes I've ever seen. Our offensive coordinator, Sean McVay, has said that you can't cover the guy. If (Reed) knows what he's doing, where he's going and he knows how he's trying to get there, you can't cover him. That's a good asset to have. I know last year we targeted him 11 times and he caught 11 balls in one game. That's what you want. You want to throw it to a guy that's going to catch it every time. You want to throw it to a guy who is going to secure that catch."

I only know this because Kirk was the guest speaker at a men's breakfast I attended. They were actually introduced in college by a mutual friend. She was at Georgia I think and he was at MSU of course. No biggie.

LOL my bad...look at me trying to sound all profound :blush: 

Thanks Sweet for the great tweets, congrats to Kirk and his new wife. 

No problem..it's really easy haha

I don't have an issue with it, and it makes sense. He wanted to have a chance at a #2 position...that was the whole point of leaving Arizona. It makes perfect sense that the Redskins would've been less attractive if he was only going to be the #3 guy, and so probably would've looked elsewhere. Doesn't mean he's unhappy to be here or isn't going to give it his best, but simply being honest that he wouldn't have been likely to have made the same choice.

I actually think that's a sign of a good thing. We have a guy who feels he can be a number two, who's stats I think legitimately suggest he could be a number two, sitting there as our number three. That works to our advantage, and probably wouldn't have happened had we got DJax earlier.

Yeah, I have no problems with his frustration (I would be too) but he did look on the bright side and mention he will have 'easier' match-ups now due to the attention PG and DJax are going to get. I strongly think he'll make the best of his situation.

Archived