Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Offseason/Mini Camp tweets (whatnot & glutton free) - 6/17/14

Unfortunately, El-Bashir has forgotten all about Breeland who - barring something catastophic - is going to get one of a CB spots.

I would consider Hall, Amerson, Porter and Breeland as virtual locks.  Biggers and Minnifield would be next up, leaving Crawford (by virtue of the bum knee) Bridget Jr, Thompson and Shepherd on the outside looking in.

We don't know that Crawford has a bum knee for one, two he is really liked by the defensive staff and contributed on teams. 

^^^What makes Breeland a lock in your eyes?

I think off his draft status alone he'll make the roster this year unless he gets hurt. You know how it's politics in this league, if you're drafted from rounds 1-4 you're pretty much a lock to make the roster for year 1. 

Per Rotoworld:

Free agent DL Adam Carriker (quad) is healthy and has been cleared.

Carriker posted a video of himself deadlifting 505 pounds Thursday, and now just needs a team to sign him. The Redskins seemed interested in a possible reunion after they released the 30-year-old in March, but ended up signing Jason Hatcher to a big-money deal and handing Chris Baker an extension. Carriker has missed 30 consecutive games and wasn't very good in 2011.

I guess 5.5 sacks for a 3-4 DE is a poor showing... 

@RGIII my why is working hard for my wife and kids. Everything I do is for them

Just had my last dessert for a whole and it was well worth it!! See ya in 2015 white chocolate heaven!!

Right now RGIII is having some interesting tweets on his campaign......@RGIII #KnowYourWhy

Retweeted by Robert Griffin III

@MCHammer: You gotta #KnowYourWhy 1f44a.png My Why is #GOD #FAMILY & #COMMUNITY 1f44f.png1f44f.png What's your Why ? Hashtag #KnowYourWhy”we have the same y's bro

@RGIII my why is my Family Everything I do I do for them. My Why gives me more strength then you could imagine. I feel like a super hero

Carrying the Lombardi trophy down Constitution Avenue during our Super Bowl victory parade. #KnowYourWhy @RGIII

3 days until players report to training camp. and 2 weeks from tonight isssss..................*DRUM ROLL*.........the NFL Hall of Fame Game!!! Yeah yeah, I know it's between the Giants and the Bills (can you spell snoozefest???) but, it is the first time we'll be able to watch an NFL game since the superbowl in February. I won't be able to watch it though, as I will be in Chicago airport on our 2nd leg of the trip back from Des Moines.

So, is RGIII going to be called an attention whore or a leader because of this know your why campaign? I'm guessing attention whore, and will be updated to leader if we have a nice win streak this season.

So, is RGIII going to be called an attention whore or a leader because of this know your why campaign? I'm guessing attention whore, and will be updated to leader if we have a nice win streak this season.

I think your analysis is spot on.  Also remember he did the same thing last year.

^^^What makes Breeland a lock in your eyes?

Well, there are a few things to consider:

Setting aside the obvious serious injury that could sideline him at the start of the season, the odds that he plays his way off the team during his rookie camp are seriously long.  He would have to be putrid on or off the field and I just don't see that happening.

Status quo in the secondary is one crying out for an infusion of talent. CB and/or safety were high on just about every wish list going into the draft. We came away with only Breeland.  Suffice to say, there's a lot riding on this guy and the coaching staff with be patient.

Very good odds he won't clear waivers if we try to stash him on the PS. Not a gamble worth taking.

More tweets fromt he RGIII's #Knowyourwhy files........

Follow

I'm sitting in my car listening to @RGIII kill it on @granthpaulsen radio show #KnowYourWhy #KidRob lol I like it bro. Let's EAT...#WhyNotUs

@RGIII my why is to exceed my fathers (and my own) expectations for me. #MyWhy #KnowYourWhy

I personally don't see anything wrong with the know your why campaign. I think its a pretty cool Hearing what motivates these players. I really hope Griffin pans out, because I think he's just an awesome human being and he is not afraid to put in the work. I just hope his play can reflect it because he deserves to have an awesome career.

I've got no issue with the know your why regardless of what a bunch of stuffy 40+ year old mediots have to say. His teammates seem to gravitate to it and he'd a young guy leading other young guys in the methods and language of young guys. The media can go on yelling at the damn kids to stay off their lawn and quit skateboarding all they want, the team should filter them out and so should we

I've got no issue with the know your why regardless of what a bunch of stuffy 40+ year old mediots have to say. His teammates seem to gravitate to it and he'd a young guy leading other young guys in the methods and language of young guys. The media can go on yelling at the damn kids to stay off their lawn and quit skateboarding all they want, the team should filter them out and so should we

I think this is a great point. His teammates really are buying what he is selling

Good for Robert. Hope he plays better this year

Look, the narcissistic social media activity of RGIII is pretty lame; however, it is how ALL people of a certain age group and below have chosen to engage with eachother so it would pretty unwise to only bust HIS chops about it.

Archived