Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Offseason/Mini Camp tweets (whatnot & glutton free) - 6/17/14

You notice how the comments on his Facebook posts are not filled with the vitriol you see on NFL.com and ESPN.com posts? Wonder if that has anything to do with people's faces being attached to their Facebook posts. Anonymity can be an ugly thing.

You notice how the comments on his Facebook posts are not filled with the vitriol you see on NFL.com and ESPN.com posts? Wonder if that has anything to do with people's faces being attached to their Facebook posts. Anonymity can be an ugly thing.

It has more to do with the people that actually make up the web traffic for each. NFL.com, PFT, ESPN.com, etc are made up of football fans from all over. People that are looking at Robert's FB page are fans who are actually interested in keeping up with him on social media.

...Im still worried about his ACL..His squat form along with his body type lead me to believe he is Quad dominant vs hip dominant (Quad dominant leads to ACl injuries)....

Nice biomechanics breakdown.  I do have a couple things I'd like to add, from a rehabilitation standpoint.

There's not definitive research evidence that supports the theory that ACLs are torn because of quad dominance, and actually there's conflicting evidence saying that it has nothing to do with it, even in female athletes.  The Rams' team doctor told me a couple weeks ago, "We have no idea why ACLs tear, only that there's a slight increase in risk for the opposite ACL to tear after one has gone."  

Also, it may not be weak thigh adductors, or a dominant vastus lateralis, that cause his leg motion during the ascending phase.  Rehabing athletes are often taught to focus on using their hamstrings and glutes to perform the squat.  Sometimes, it's to the point where athletes will wrap a band around their knees to increase glute activation as they try and separate their knees during the exercise.  If his PT helped him learn to do this, then it's because he's trying to strengthen weak muscles and not because he's doing it unconsciously.  So, this might actually (and likely is) something he was taught to help prevent his injury in the future.

Whether or not it works, I guess we'll see.

Really could not find a place to put this, can't post a New Thread (still not sure why) so just a heads up.

NFL Network will be airing 2013 Redskins team highlight "Between the Lines" on Monday 7/21 @ 8:00 EST. I know it will be hard to watch but NFL Films is always good about the positive spin and their work is great.

Really could not find a place to put this, can't post a New Thread (still not sure why) so just a heads up.

NFL Network will be airing 2013 Redskins team highlight "Between the Lines" on Monday 7/21 @ 8:00 EST. I know it will be hard to watch but NFL Films is always good about the positive spin and their work is great.

what's "Between the lines"?

There have been rumors that the Skins would give Adam Carriker a shot to make the 53 this year. (One would assume if Carriker were to be given a shot, it would've happened in June). I have heard talk of him saying how healthy he is. I do know he's been medically cleared for a while now. Not sure if we should actually give him a shot or just move on.. Anyway, here's a video he posted of himself doing a massive deadlift: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gO1ybYxYAU

Per Rotoworld:

Free agent DL Adam Carriker (quad) is healthy and has been cleared.

Carriker posted a video of himself deadlifting 505 pounds Thursday, and now just needs a team to sign him. The Redskins seemed interested in a possible reunion after they released the 30-year-old in March, but ended up signing Jason Hatcher to a big-money deal and handing Chris Baker an extension. Carriker has missed 30 consecutive games and wasn't very good in 2011.

There have been rumors that the Skins would give Adam Carriker a shot to make the 53 this year. (One would assume if Carriker were to be given a shot, it would've happened in June). I have heard talk of him saying how healthy he is. I do know he's been medically cleared for a while now. Not sure if we should actually give him a shot or just move on.. Anyway, here's a video he posted of himself doing a massive deadlift: 

The team was 3-13, I would give anyone a shot that could be better than a guy we already have. What's the harm? 

W. Mark Reynolds @wilmarlds79

@john_keim #redskinsmailbag just saw adam carriker deadlift 505lbs on YouTube . He says he's healthy. Possible comeback for the Redskins???

John Keim: He and the Redskins have been mum on this. I know there was talk when he was released about possibly getting another tryout in June. That did not happen, at least not to my knowledge. I also know he still has fans in the organization and the feeling among some is that if anyone can make it back from this it's Carriker. I do know he's healthy and has been cleared. He feels good about where his speed is at to go with that power. I think the best I can say is: stay tuned.

Also from Keim in the mailbag...........http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/8950/redskins-mailbag-part-1-40

@john_keim Do you think the Redskins have done enough to significantly improve their special teams this year? #redskinsmailbag

Keim: Yes I do. They did an excellent job of improving their linebacking depth, with an eye toward special teams. When you have depth at linebacker, you typically end up with good special teams because of the backups (big guys who can run). Also, rookies such as Trent Murphy and Bashaud Breeland were drafted in part because they could help on special teams. They should be improved in the return game with Andre Roberts. The organization has taken a more serious approach to special teams, whether because of the coaching change or the absence of the salary-cap penalty. That sends a message that it's important. Players such as Bacarri Rambo and Brandon Jenkins won't get away with being non-contributors in this area for a second straight season. I'm curious to see what happens in the punting battle (not crazy about the choices, though if Robert Malone becomes more consistent he has a strong leg). And if Zach Hocker unseats Kai Forbath then that would help the kickoff coverage if nothing else.

I hope the Redskins give Carriker a shot during training camp. I'm guessing he could be had for the minimum so I don't see any harm at all in bringing him to camp to see if he has anything left unless they are worried he will get hurt again and they will be stuck paying him for another year.It's not like they have any young stud DL that he would be taking snaps away from. If he is healthy and anywhere near his old self from 2012 I would much rather have him than Jenkins getting more snaps. 

http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/wendys-qa-what-should-redskins-expect-crawford

some good insight here on Darrel Young and Richard Crawford....

Says Young is staying and the Crawford has a job to compete with Minnifield for the fifth corner is healthy, Dick could stay based on his STs role. 

Unfortunately, El-Bashir has forgotten all about Breeland who - barring something catastophic - is going to get one of a CB spots.

I would consider Hall, Amerson, Porter and Breeland as virtual locks.  Biggers and Minnifield would be next up, leaving Crawford (by virtue of the bum knee) Bridget Jr, Thompson and Shepherd on the outside looking in.

^^^What makes Breeland a lock in your eyes?

Reports from the beat guys, the claims of his versatility and the fact there aren't any other guys on the roster with his supposed skill set. Would be very surprised after reading all the OTA/minicamp reports if Breeland doesn't make the final roster.

Archived