Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Westbrook hates: March Madness

Westbrook36

It seems like more of the general public "loves" this more than even the World Series or other major championships.

There is one reason and one reason alone. The stupid office pool which everyone from sports freaks to teen aged girls fill out thinking they know enough about all 64 teams in the tourney to make informed decisions.

We just finished with the HUGE INTRIGUE for "Selection Sunday" as they'll have a few cams on some teams "on the bubble" and the reactions of joy and/or sorrow. Every year it's the same and every year America falls for this fake drama.

Without the little number next to a team's name, 90 percent of you dolts would have no idea who to pick or who the better team was; you'd do better flipping a coin.  You can't name one player off of at least half the teams yet you will fill out a bracket and talk about it and annoy the **** out of me.  None of you watch college basketball, save for perhaps some big games at the end of the year.  You don't know the players, you don't know the teams.  You know what the highlights and the selected narrative tell you.

I always talk to people who have filled out a pool and ask them who is their "sleeper" this year. 90 percent of the people always say Gonzaga. Try this yourself this year and see how right I am. Gonzaga is full of scrappy white kids so they fall into the perfect choice as a "sleeper" even though they have been great for about 10 years straight and everyone knows about them.

I won't watch one minute of college basketball this year, just like every other year, because I could care less. If it weren't for office pools, NCAA Basketball wouldn't even be televised.  Congrats, you and the soccer Moms are both watching Jim Nance today on Sportscenter to see who the BRACKET BUSTERS are.  Maybe if you are lucky, they will have the boys on Cold Pizza or Around the Horn fill out a bracket on the air with their upset specials.  Idiots.

Cold Pizza? What is this? 2005?

I love the tournament but I'm not looking forward to the endless and ungodly number of commercials CBS and Turner will shove down our throats.

If Northwestern Mutual hasn't changed their commercial from the annoying music one it has been for at least the past two years, I'm going to be very disappointed

I've always had the type of personality where I can find plenty of things that I like and enjoy, without someone telling a thousand times over why I should like it. It all just seems excessively corporate and unnecessary, and makes me want to rebel and not watch it at all (unless UMD or Miami are in it).

Well, it is typically better than the World Series.

I don't hate March Madness however. I think it is better for people to see all of the best teams play even if they haven't all season.

I agree that the brackets are so random and fortunate for some people.

IIRC There was already a Westbrook hates march madness so he must really loathe it. I like March Madness because i just like all elimination sports. Especially college kids playing with heart instead of for money. There are quite a few back and forth high emotion and energy games too especially the first weekend. Could do without all the corporate nonsense though.

IIRC There was already a Westbrook hates march madness so he must really loathe it. I like March Madness because i just like all elimination sports. Especially college kids playing with heart instead of for money. There are quite a few back and forth high emotion and energy games too especially the first weekend. Could do without all the corporate nonsense though.

I tried to search for it but couldn't find it.  Was just going to bump it.  My hate is stronger in 2014 than it was in 2005.

Lol, Cold Pizza.  Try to keep up with the times.

Who knows?  ESPN sucks and I refuse to watch it. 

Zazz, college kids play for money too. That's real.

Love of the game, haha. They want the shot at more money than they are getting already.

ESPN does indeed suck Westy. It would be better if they went back to informative shows, instead of opinionated shows.

I only watch sporting events on ESPN. The rest of it is garbage.

It's such a good event that it doesn't need all the hype that surrounds it.  All the hype tarnishes it, IMO.

BTW, Quicken Loans and Warren Buffet is sponsoring a bracket contest.  If someone enters with a perfect bracket, they win 1 billion dollars.  Billion with a B.

http://fansided.com/2014/03/17/march-madness-legally-win-billion-dollars-warren-buffett/#!AhzD3

It's such a good event that it doesn't need all the hype that surrounds it. All the hype tarnishes it, IMO.

BTW, Quicken Loans and Warren Buffet is sponsoring a bracket contest. If someone enters with a perfect bracket, they win 1 billion dollars. Billion with a B.

http://fansided.com/2014/03/17/march-madness-legally-win-billion-dollars-warren-buffett/#!AhzD3

I saw ESPN, say that it is over 9 quadrillion different outcomes when filing out a bracket.

But there is no way that will stop me from trying to win a Billion dollars.

I like basketball period, but honestly, March Madness is just a ridiculously good appetizer to the NBA playoffs.

And the Wizards are most likely going to be in it this year too? Yes please!

Archived