Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter: DeAngelo going off on Richard Sherman

NewCliche21

Amazing, thank you for that!  As you saw, his first tweet wasn't aggressive at all.

Sherman brought up team wins and then got owned on that, too.

Beautiful, DeAngelo

Ahh another Twitter war...who cares. I have respect for Sherman as a ballplayer, but the way he carries himself is very arrogant and ****y. If he doesn't think he comes off that way to others, then he's a moron. I laugh at all the Seahawk fans defending him and bashing DeAngelo Hall. Hall was just clearly stating that the great ones don't need to back it up with trash talking and that it's about sustained success throughout your career. Deangelo played very solid for one of the worst secondaries in the NFL, while Sherman had the luxury of being on the #1 defense.

Either way these Twitter feuds are stupid and pointless.

God I hope when we play Seattle Trent gets to the 2nd level and BURIES Sherman. I'd even stomach a 15 yard penalty for Trent to just dump truck him.

May not have to wait for that if Sherman keeps talking smack to Legarrette Blount. Apparently Sherman is unfamiliar with what happens to people that do that.

Blount_Punch.gif

They both made good points, the problem is it's hard for Hall to make his argument without burying his own teammates on defense, which he shouldn't do. (even if it is rightfully so and true).

Hall's best point in the discussion is that a lot of cornerbacks can have 3-4 seasons of crazy good play for a multitude of reasons, maybe they play on a great defense, maybe they are in the perfect scheme that suits their strengths, etc etc etc....but it is another thing to sustain that kind of play over the long term, over your career, when you go through periods where the defense overall is not so great, but your own play doesn't suffer for it.

Sherman as of right now is a Top 3 corner, we will see over the next decade if he can sustain that level of play like the great ones did before him.

Sherman is a smart guy. Without this persona and trash talking he would just be another guy on a good defense. He is almost as good at playing the media as Jose Mourinho.

Yep.

Both are great players... Hall has had a great career thus far but is playing for a team with less talent than Sherman is. TBH, I like the back and forth ribbing nature of this (and props to DG for ending it, lol). I dont know...I'm the kind of guy that doesn't mind seeing some trash talk, especially in a league that keeps getting pacified by the Commish. 

Archived