Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking News: Per @MikeJonesWaPo - Mike Shanahan fired; Kyle fired; Haslett retained as of now

Sticksboi05

The Schwartz is out in Detroit ... coaching pool getting thin. 

Lions let go of Jim Schwartz.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/417700869845434368

' class="bbc_url">@

Lions let go of Jim Schwartz.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/417700869845434368

Good riddance.  I hope that spells the end of Shanny's career.  Although, knowing this league, he'll end up in Tampa, Minnesota or Cleveland.  Whatever desperate bottom-feeding franchise will allow him and his son to roll into town; convert a successful 4-3 defense to a 3-4, bring in a loser like Haslett to run it and hire a special teams coach with no experience...but seriously, never in my life have I seen a coach or a coaching staff more deserving of getting the ax than Shanahan & Co.  

Some of this is clearly Snyder's fault, and I'm not absolving him of any blame.  We routinely fail with coaches because there's no infrastructure in place.  As others have said, there needs to be a foundation built on a credible GM/Coach relationship.  Until Snyder realizes this, we will stay in this negative feedback loop unfortunately. 

Norv had a wining record as coach here. He had a contender in 1999 before Snyder mucked it up by bringing in Jeff George, Brice Smith, Deion Sanders, Steve Spurrier, etc.

No he didn't.

The fact you don't know his record here may explain why you don't blame shanny.

Check shannys post elway record while you're at it, cuz it ain't good either.

Maybe that was pat bowlens fault ?

Who hired Shanny, and every other failed coach (some worse than others) we've had in the last ten years or so?

I am not saying that Snyder is not at fault for making bad coaching decisions, because he is. But the mess created by the coach, is on the coach and he needs to go. Shanny doesn't get to blame his fails on Snyder because "he hired the wrong guy".

Archived