Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking News: Per @MikeJonesWaPo - Mike Shanahan fired; Kyle fired; Haslett retained as of now

Sticksboi05

Okay now this **** is getting weirder:

Joseph White Jr. @JGWhiteAP 2m

#Redskins taking "security" to ridiculous extremes. Putting Scotch tape on windows, shooing photogs away. Acting like a 3-13 organization.

Kent Babb @kentbabb 2m

Reporters now told they can't look thru windows or go outside. It's not a PR matter now, I was told, it's a security issue. WHAT???

Dan Steinberg @dcsportsbog 2m

Update: @SarahKogod reports that Redskins media members are no longer permitted to stand at the windows

dammit.

You think Haslett is outside with a gun?

Joseph White Jr. ‏@JGWhiteAP 2m

#Redskins taking "security" to ridiculous extremes. Putting Scotch tape on windows, shooing photogs away. Acting like a 3-13 organization.

Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb 2m

Reporters now told they can't look thru windows or go outside. It's not a PR matter now, I was told, it's a security issue. WHAT???

Dan Steinberg ‏@dcsportsbog 2m

Update: @SarahKogod reports that Redskins media members are no longer permitted to stand at the windows

dammit.

Honestly, I don't blame them.  I mean, standing at the windows?  Really.  That seems bush league on the media's part.  Like paparazzi.

I like Mike, I thought he did a good job with what he had, other than keeping Haslett.  We should have never switched to a 3-4.  I think if we had worked on Defense, we would have been fine.  Get RG3 a full offseason to learn / progress and we would have been good next year. 

Joseph White Jr. @JGWhiteAP 2m

Kent Babb @kentbabb 2m

Dan Steinberg @dcsportsbog 2m

dammit.

WTF is Danny thinking someone is going to try and assassinate him? Weeeeeeird

Way too many excuses in Shan's presser. Didn't own up to anything.

I predict more shots at Dan, RGIII and the organization once he moves back to Colorado.

Probably will be more shots at ownership. No question. Especially since that is an easy target and the Media enjoys pounding on Dan.

One thing I did find intesteresting is that Charlie Casserly (NFL Network) this morning, was very quick to point out how Dan gave Shanny COMPLETE CONTROL of the football operations and made it abundently clear (his words)  that all football decisions that were made were made by Shanny and that the record/results were unacceptable. It will be interesting to see in the coming days what 'rumors/facts' come out.

Sorry man but this is just delusional. Shanny RAN the organization. Players, drafts, coaches... He made the calls on EVERYTHING football. 4 years in and 40 loses later and you think he isn't the problem? SMH...

Who hired Shanny, and every other failed coach (some worse than others) we've had in the last ten years or so?

I like Mike, I thought he did a good job with what he had, other than keeping Haslett.  We should have never switched to a 3-4.  I think if we had worked on Defense, we would have been fine.  Get RG3 a full offseason to learn / progress and we would have been good next year. 

I concur, the 3-4 was a miserable failure.  I at least hope everything's on the table.  I hope they're not exclusively looking for people to try to salvage it.    Having said that, if somebody can salvage it, I'm all for it, I just don't want them thinking the next coach or DC HAS to want to run the 3-4.  

No.

They are blocking the media inside the building, like some sort of Russian hostage crisis.

redskinsmedia1213c.jpg

Oh, well that's actually worse.  LOL

Mike Shanahan the GM was fired more than Mike the head oach imo.

Other than alfred morris(and most teams have a decent to special nfl rb)in 4 nfl drafts what 2nd day picks have been anything great or even very solid?

The cap penalty was not fair to Mike but what was the excuse for keeping that punter all year? Do the redskins really not have cap room to bring in a rookie punter some young leg eager to earn a paycheck?

Mike found the redskins no GEno Atikins no Richard Sherman no Justin Houston in 4 NFL Drafts.

Archived