Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking News: Per @MikeJonesWaPo - Mike Shanahan fired; Kyle fired; Haslett retained as of now

Sticksboi05

It's absolutely amazing to me how happy some of you guys are that we're about to start down another coaching selection process and everything that goes with it while absolving Synder.

If you believe for one second that Mike Shanahan has that much distain, and built up frustration without being railed by Daniel Synder and RG3 then I want some of what you're smoking. It's very clear to me that RG3 and Synder are the ones to blame for this debicle and Shanhan just didnt bend over and take it. This year is on their shoulders.

Sorry man but this is just delusional. Shanny RAN the organization. Players, drafts, coaches... He made the calls on EVERYTHING football. 4 years in and 40 loses later and you think he isn't the problem? SMH...

Well some of you got what you wished for.

Now the target will be on Griffin's back from this point on; lets see if he does pan out or become another Campbell, because I just don't see it. Don't get me wrong, I hope he does succeed, but to put a player over a coach is asking for drama, and thats exactly what will come now.

I am glad Haslett is gone though, and Burns, so I will celebrate that firing, but Mike was a scapegoat to Griffin's inabilities this season.

I dont think RG3 should get as much blame as he does to be honest.

I think you guys who are kind of defending Shanahan are forgetting that Shanahan himself was the one who was leaking crap to the media!! What kind of coach does that!!! Thats just slapping your players in the face! I dont know, I think next year, we shall see what happens, but it is what it is. I cant believe Chud was fired from the Browns, Id love to get Chudzinski, think hes a fantastic coach.

Jeffro - let it go. 

Seriously. 

Like or not ... no one in their right mind can not argue that Shanahan had completely quit on this team, regardless of the reason why. 

Jesus - the resilience of some people is mind boggling.  If the KC game didn't do for you, didn't the game yesterday seal the deal?

Letting it go just means I accept that we'll continue to do the same things and expect different results. (You know what definition that is right?)

I'm going to go back to not posting but I won't let it go. This is just the beginning, this is checkmate for RG3 and Synder.. what happens now when RG3 bombs under a new head coach who cant get him to playoff caliber over the next 3 years?

That's right.. back to doing the same things...

Does entire staff include or exclude Bruce Allen? Wish some of the assistants could have been kept.

I know Turner was a Shanny guy, but he sure can coach those RBs.

And McVay would doing a good job with TEs.

You cannot keep any part of a staff when hiring a new head coach.  Hey guys we have this great HC job in Washington and JIM ZORN is your offensive coordinator. We already hired him for you.  What do you mean no one wants the job?

Although I just heard a report saying that not all the coaches are gone.

Bruce Allen still GM according to NFL network

I must be blind but I honestly don't know what Shanny really did wrong.  What situations should he had handled differently/better?  Taking RGIII out of the Seattle game before he tore his ACL?  Alot of our players who played well for us last season regressed this year (Cofield, Bowen, Josh Wilson, Josh Morgan, Aldrich Robinson, RGIII).....

Our special teams lost a pro bowler and switched coaches.  The first 2 years Shanny rebuilt the roster, 3rd year was the charm, 4th year you have the result of everything I just mentioned.  What more did we want Shanny to do?  Seems to be Shanny got the OK to do whatever he wanted, and then Snyder butted in and made him do things Dans way.

He hired Haslett and Burns for a start. 

He had total control of the FB operations.  The dude has a history of loyalty to his yes men and of arrogance.  Do you really believe for a second that he would have what folks in the know called an "ironclad contract" and then allow Dan to call shots behind the scenes?

I agree.  No one believes that Dan did this or called the shots, especially when Jason "I hate Dan Snyder" LaCanfora says this is all Shanahan's mess.

After reading about how much influence Shanny had on the defensive gameplan I'm looking at Haslett in a different light.

Me too.  Especially after it was reported that he would call the defensive plays sometimes.  I'm not even sure why Haslett would want to be here.  He got Zorned by his own HC.

I hope he does succeed, but to put a player over a coach is asking for drama, and thats exactly what will come now.

This isn't about a player vs. a coach.....this isn't ******* tennis.

It's pro football and in all three phases for four long seasons Mike Shanahan and his staff have been a massive dissapointment.

24-40 record.....THAT's what this is about, 24-40 PLUS highly unprofessional, damaging media leaks that made his exit the ONLY option.

Per NFL Network Report (Jeff Darlington) and Ian Rapaport:

Allen let the staff know that Shanny was out, but will be meeting with all of the coaches prior to their departure to discuss futures/retention of some of them(potentially).

The one thing that the analysts keep hitting on is the impact that the Defensive short comings had on all of this and Shanny's inability to fix that side of the ball, more so than the Snyder/RG III/ Cap Penalty stuff.

You cannot keep any part of a staff when hiring a new head coach.  Hey guys we have this great HC job in Washington and JIM ZORN is your offensive coordinator. We already hired him for you.  What do you mean no one wants the job?

But normally, you allow the old HC to decide on the fate of the former staff.  I think it's customary to allow the new HC to interview the left over coaching staff and pick who he'd like to remain, if any.  

There are conflicting reports on the firing of the entire staff, so we'll just wait and see what happens when they either confirm or deny it later.

Archived