Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking News: Per @MikeJonesWaPo - Mike Shanahan fired; Kyle fired; Haslett retained as of now

Sticksboi05

Cue the carousel music...here we go on the coachingoround once again...not that I'm sad to see Shanahan gone..was not a fan of bringing him in to begin with...so freakin glad Hazlett is outta there along w/Burns and Kyle...we shall see what the next chapter of Days of our Redskins lives brings us...

It's absolutely amazing to me how happy some of you guys are that we're about to start down another coaching selection process and everything that goes with it while absolving Synder.

If you believe for one second that Mike Shanahan has that much distain, and built up frustration without being railed by Daniel Synder and RG3 then I want some of what you're smoking. It's very clear to me that RG3 and Synder are the ones to blame for this debicle and Shanhan just didnt bend over and take it. This year is on their shoulders.

Jeffro - let it go. 

Seriously. 

Like or not ... no one in their right mind can not argue that Shanahan had completely quit on this team, regardless of the reason why. 

Jesus - the resilience of some people is mind boggling.  If the KC game didn't do for you, didn't the game yesterday seal the deal?

It's absolutely amazing to me how happy some of you guys are that we're about to start down another coaching selection process and everything that goes with it while absolving Synder.

If you believe for one second that Mike Shanahan has that much distain, and built up frustration without being railed by Daniel Synder and RG3 then I want some of what you're smoking. It's very clear to me that RG3 and Synder are the ones to blame for this debicle and Shanhan just didnt bend over and take it. This year is on their shoulders.

HE HAD TOTAL CONTROL OF THE FB OPERATIONS. THE DUDE HAS A HISTORY OF LOYALTY TO HIS YES MEN AND OF ARROGANCE. DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE FOR A SECOND THAT HE WOULD HAVE WHAT FOLKS IN THE KNOW CALLED AN "IRONCLAD CONTRACT" AND THEN ALLOW DAN TO CALL SHOTS BEHIND THE SCENES? 

AS FOR RGIII, SHANNY OWES ROBERT EVERYTHING FOR HIS SUPERHERO PERFORMANCE IN 2012. THAT WAS THE ONLY POSITIVE 7 WEEK STRETCH IN FOUR YEARS OF HELL.

Absolutely not.  Why would you get a 58 year old never been an NFL coach that will be perceived as RGIII coddling?  That's a disaster waiting to happen.

I agree.    So no to Briles.

What a great day, Shanny and Spawn and etc..  are gone.     Will their be a press conference from the Redskins detailing what they plan to do now?

Well some of you got what you wished for.

Now the target will be on Griffin's back from this point on; lets see if he does pan out or become another Campbell, because I just don't see it. Don't get me wrong, I hope he does succeed, but to put a player over a coach is asking for drama, and thats exactly what will come now.

I am glad Haslett is gone though, and Burns, so I will celebrate that firing, but Mike was a scapegoat to Griffin's inabilities this season.

Refresh my memory...What was Cousin's record as a starter this year?

You do know Shanahan is responsible for more than just QB play, right?  Come up with how Griffin and Snyder sabotaged the defense and special teams, please.

I'm not happy about anything, but any coach posting the record he has over 4 years, trending downward, who's only run of success was a miracle 7 game run built on the back of the player he just benched, shouldn't expect to keep their job.  Are there other really serious issues with this organization?  Yep, but the coaching has been terrible and the numbers bear that out.

Well some of you got what you wished for.

Now the target will be on Griffin's back from this point on; lets see if he does pan out or become another Campbell, because I just don't see it. Don't get me wrong, I hope he does succeed, but to put a player over a coach is asking for drama, and thats exactly what will come now.

I am glad Haslett is gone though, and Burns, so I will celebrate that firing, but Mike was a scapegoat to Griffin's inabilities this season.

You're right. RGIII was clearly the issue with the 32nd ranked special teams, defense, suspect play calling, and Kirk Cousins miserable performances.

Damn that RGIII, damn him to hell.

I must be blind but I honestly don't know what Shanny really did wrong.  What situations should he had handled differently/better?  Taking RGIII out of the Seattle game before he tore his ACL?  Alot of our players who played well for us last season regressed this year (Cofield, Bowen, Josh Wilson, Josh Morgan, Aldrich Robinson, RGIII).....

Our special teams lost a pro bowler and switched coaches.  The first 2 years Shanny rebuilt the roster, 3rd year was the charm, 4th year you have the result of everything I just mentioned.  What more did we want Shanny to do?  Seems to be Shanny got the OK to do whatever he wanted, and then Snyder butted in and made him do things Dans way.

Entire coaching staff? Bad move.

Let then next HC pick and choose which staff they want to keep.

Bobby Turner, Sean McVay

I dont know.  I feel that if we are going to do this right, need to press the reset button fully, completely.

Clean slate, hire a GM to start from scratch, have him run the coaching search, and the new HC can choose to interview former coordinators (some of whom I hope are retained) or hire new guys.

I hope against hope for full separation of powers this time around.  GM who hires the HC, is solely in charge of personnel.  HC who hires his staff, is solely in charge of coaching decisions.

Better than what the Browns are doing.

Well, many of you got what you wanted.  Still think it would have been best to keep him and give them a true offseason, another draft, and a free agency where they could actually sign some talent.

Could you really trust £35m in cap, another draft failure and another season of your franchise QBs career to a guy who has led the team to a 24-40 record when we don't even look close to being competent? Not for me.

Archived