Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ian Rapoport Has Spoken To Several GM's Regarding Cousins

DMVRG3

We should trade Cousins and RGIII for draft picks because Rex Grossman with a new oline and weapons can be a beast. Just look at the success Shannahan had with this gunslinger in the past.

My God, I spit up my beer laughing at this.....maybe we can still get Beck as well to back up Sexy Rexy.  Guess I could break out my #8 Jersey again....hahaha

If Cousins goes out and plays well...regardless of if we win or not.....that will increase interest that is already there.....whether or not we want to trade him or not.  Personally, if he goes out and plays well...then why would we get rid of him?  The book on Robert is not complete....so if Cousins plays well, would you trade him or keep him another season while we see if Robert makes dramatic improvements next season?   And both are under rookie contracts? 

From that standpoint it's not smart.

If he can fetch a high seond now, the only place he can go is down.

I mean , i guess he could rise in value, but it's HIGHLY unlikely, and if you were going to try and maximize his value, exposing him in this situation would be the wrong way to go. Against some tall odds.

~Bang

Especially with Jordan Reed, our #2 receiving option, shut down for the year.

I can't believe how incompetent this organization is.

Of course I'm familiar with the reason Cousins is getting a shot.  It just seems like the purpose of this thread was to discuss Cousins trade value, not the reasons why Cousins is getting a shot.  Discussing whether RG3s benching is right or wrong, along with Irvin, seems like it'll fit better in a different thread.

Quoting Irvin and bringing up the race crap is never a good idea.

The reason people get education is to achieve a better economic status. I'm sure Bridgewater is already a well educated young man, he doesn't need validation having a diploma. And if he did get injured while in the pro he would still have earned enough money to last the rest of his life as the average middle class American only earn about $2 million in their lifetime. His rookie contract as a 1st rounder would be 5 million annually. So if he gets injured on the first play as a pro he'd still get at least $5 mil. But if he get almost decapitated in college like Munchie Legaux he'd be screwed. After all, there is no timetable to get a degree. People keep forgetting that Luck's parents are millionaire ex-football player who is now the athletic director at West Virginia so he could afford to do that. Part of the reason Luck got all those hypes with that football royalty crap.

Is that suppose to mean something?

Really?   You mean to tell me that your thinking is that shallow on the subject?  What about integrity, committing and finishing what you started?

We were discussing Bridgewater, what the heck does Andrew Luck's parents financial status have to do with anything?

Your sure Bridgewater is a well educated young man, but you would deem him an idiot for not finishing that education with a degree.  Do you not see the irony in your statement?

I'll be honest, I'm seeing wide range of potential for KC from various sources.

I think the panic factor is already palpable for some teams and the KC value truly can only go up. I don't expect to see a lost player out there in next few weeks. At worse I expect average play with smitherings of bad decisions. THAT'S THE WORSE I WOULD EXPECT.

Thus, his value is weighed against the projected top QB to be selected in this years draft...THAT'S PRETTY EXCITING.

As it stands now, he's looking like a front runner. It's already been raised here, but look back in the last 5 years and some of the 1st rounders. Gabbert, Ponder, Sanchez, Freeman, TEBOW!!!, Weedon. Seriously...He can garner a 1st rounder with above avg play.

I wont even include Locker or Manuel, because they still MIGHT have potential. But, It's obvious to me, discussing 1st rounder for KC is not a pipe dream. And, I'm glad we're showcasing him.

Lastly, that list of 1st rounders definitely makes the trade for RG3 that much more worthwhile. It's hard to get a great QB.

Obviously, Kyle calls different games for Kirk and RGIII. This is a discussion on its own.

But in Kirk's only start last year against Cleveland, he threw for more passing yards than RGIII did in any other game he played

In Kirk's only start this year against Atlanta, he's thrown for more passing yards than RGIII has in any other game he's played

Robert also doesn't routinely have 45 attempts does he? Maybe he has recently, I just can't remember.

49 attempts Week 1, 50 attempts Week 3

Cousins had 3 bad turnovers today. That can't be overstated. But the other key stat: 8.5 yards per attempt for Cousins

for reference, RGIII's yards per attempt this year:

Archived