Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ian Rapoport Has Spoken To Several GM's Regarding Cousins

DMVRG3

Kirk Cousins definitely made some mistakes expected of a young QB making his first start of the season.  

But the way he fought back from the INT's to lead the Skins on 2 4th qtr drives was impressive.

Most of all was his decisiveness and seeing the field.  Amazing to see players such as Moss and Robinson more involved in the passing game instead of being afterthoughts for much of the season.

If Cousins plays like this for the next 2 games a 1st round pick is quite possible for a team desperate to acquire a young QB with potential...

Well he came back. What a way to lose. But yeah I'm thinking like a first and a third. He is just too good and too cheap for a low first rounder.

Hahahaha......this made my day.

I think the absolute best we could do, and it'd be a stretch, is a 1st and trade 2nd's.  And even then I think someone may be arrested for robbery.

I think the absolute best we could do, and it'd be a stretch, is a 1st and trade 2nd's.  And even then I think someone may be arrested for robbery.

you think we're going to have to trade down on the second rounder?

1st rounder for sure, but I doubt we are talking top 10.  I would add New England or Denver to the list of who would offer up a late 1st rounder.

Both of those teams already have young guys developing that they like. They aren't trading a 1st round pick while they're still in a Championship window with their HOF QB's.

you think we're going to have to trade down on the second rounder?

1st rounder for sure, but I doubt we are talking top 10.  I would add New England or Denver to the list of who would offer up a late 1st rounder.

This is more what I was thinking.  Someone like Denver giving us their first but making us swap seconds.  But in the end, who the **** knows?!?

This is more what I was thinking.  Someone like Denver giving us their first but making us swap seconds.  But in the end, who the **** knows?!?

Denver has Brock Osweiler who will one day become a good QB in the league

Teams that need a young developmental QB:

Arizona

Browns
Giants
Jaguars
Oakland
Rams
Texans
Steelers
Titans
Vikings

If we end up trading Cousins it will likely be to one of those teams. None of those teams likely will give us a 1st round pick for Cousins based on where they are going to be selecting. They could give us a 2nd or 3rd for him. If he looks really good then we need to hold onto him

Arizona

Browns
Giants
Jaguars
Oakland
Rams
Texans
Steelers
Titans
Vikings

If we end up trading Cousins it will likely be to one of those teams. None of those teams likely will give us a 1st round pick for Cousins based on where they are going to be selecting. They could give us a 2nd or 3rd for him. If he looks really good then we need to hold onto him

Chicago could be in the market also since Cutler and McCown are both free agents and there's some sort of rule limiting what they can offer McCown

But don't expect a 1st or even a second for a developmental guy.  The teams who'll want Cousins will at least want him to compete for the starting job

Lol no. They both have young QBs they have been grooming. NE has Ryan Mallett for a couple years and Devner has Brock Osweiler from last year. 

Arizona

Browns
Giants
Jaguars
Oakland
Rams
Texans
Steelers
Titans
Vikings

I agree with pretty much everything you posted, even though I won't rule out Denver.  However, do not rule out desparation.   Many teams will throw out too much just to make the fans think they are doing something.  2 more solid games and there will be a bidding war.

Arizona

Browns
Giants
Jaguars
Oakland
Rams
Texans
Steelers
Titans
Vikings

You forgot one big one. Chicago. Both of their QBs are FAs

Trading Cousins for anything less than a 1st is dumb.  I don't even want to trade him, unless a great deal is offered.   He's too valuable for us.  I'd rather keep him next year.  He's under contract for two more years, so we can trade him after next year if Robert rebounds.  If Robert still looks shaking next year, we still have Cousins. 

Trading Cousins for anything less than a 1st is dumb.  I don't even want to trade him, unless a great deal was offered.   He's too valuable for us.  I'd rather keep him next year.  He's under contract for two more years, so we can trade him after next year if Robert rebounds.  If Robert still looks shaking next year, we still have Cousins. 

That's where I stand.  A third is very hit or miss as far as picks go.  A high second is interesting.  A first is very interesting.  A great back up qb is an important commodity.  You don't give that away on the cheap or on a gamble.

I think the absolute best we could do, and it'd be a stretch, is a 1st and trade 2nd's. And even then I think someone may be arrested for robbery.

You realize there is a salary cap numbers game that factors into trade value and kc salary is super low 350k or so. I'd take kc and keep 9-10mm over a Cutler or flacco

Kirk Cousins definitely made some mistakes expected of a young QB making his first start of the season.  

But the way he fought back from the INT's to lead the Skins on 2 4th qtr drives was impressive.

Most of all was his decisiveness and seeing the field.  Amazing to see players such as Moss and Robinson more involved in the passing game instead of being afterthoughts for much of the season.

If Cousins plays like this for the next 2 games a 1st round pick is quite possible for a team desperate to acquire a young QB with potential...

Honestly, I say keep him and go into camp with an open QB competition if he continues to play well and shows poise and decisiveness.

Tony Dungy just said "I like Kirk Cousins just where he is as the backup QB for the redskins". He also laugh at the notion that we'd get a 1st rounder for him. I keep telling you people, Kirk is a backup in this league.

i'd be fine with that too.  IF he was going to STAY as the backup QB for the Redskins!

Archived