Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Shanahan Press Conference: "I haven't made a decision on the starting QB **UPDATE** per John Keim: Cousins will start

Boss_Hogg

It would be awesome, but it also looks bad on Dan Snyder. He's such an easy target, even when he does things the right way.

This is probably the first time Snyder has been viewed in a positive light. It would suck to do things because they are viewed as things that help your image. I feel he would be better served to do the right thing instead. Fire Mike because it is the right thing to do.

Hail

while i wouldnt put it all on griff, its fair to say our offense hasnt played 'well'. i think its absolutely fair to say our offense hasnt played well, even though our D and ST get the vast majority of the blame. 

not saying they dont deserve blame, just that many seem to think our O is good enough. its not. 

The offense hasn't been the same as least year. But they haven't been all bad either. When you're giving up 31ppg, you're not going to win many. The only offense that could have a winning record right now with our defense is the Broncos. They average 39ppg. Our defense gives up 2 TDs more than the #1 scoring defense.

Ok so we are hearing that Shanahan really didnt want to give up the picks and draft RGIII.

Now we are hearing that he thinks Cousins can run the offense better.

Its obvious that he cannot coach RGIII to be a pocket passer.

So maybe he is going to try to trade RGIII this offseason ???

Kinda like the way he sat McNabb 3 years ago, then got rid of him.

Naw.....conspiricy theory's dont work when it comes to the Redskins. :P

im more baffled at how many people seem to loathe griffin.  this is a guy who won ROY last year and had one of the most impressive seasons for a QB ever let alone a rookie.  he blows his knee out and rushes back too soon, and has had a bad season.  is a good portion of it on him?  yes. hes not seeing the field, hes been inaccurate, hes made bad some bad decisions.  but hes 23 years old, already shown he can make huge plays and take over a game, and is playing with the worst D in the league, the worst ST in history, and an oline that can barely pass block.  throwing in the towel on him would be the worst idea ever.  and the cousins love is silly, hes been just as bad if not worse in all his spell time of griffin this year, and aside from a good game against the browns last year and a 2pt conversion against the ravens, nothing suggests hes any good.

give the guy some time, again, hes 23.  no other rookie QB is playing that well either outside of wilson (who is literally surrounded by gold).  this team gave guys like campbell and ramsey plenty of time before we knew they sucked, to give up on griffin this quickly is pretty sad.

I don't really get how quickly people have turned on Robert. Do people not remember him putting the team on his back last year for the 7 wins? He was playing at a MVP level when it was obvious the coaches gave up at 3-6. Pull your heads out of your asses people.

You must not because Griffin did not win those 7 games. He won five of them. Two of them were won by Cousins. Do you not remember Cousins winning those two games?

You must not because Griffin did not win those 7 games. He won five of them. Two of them were won by Cousins. Do you not remember Cousins winning those two games?

So that just invalidates Griffin putting the Redskins in the position to win those games? Geez, you people really suck at giving guys credit when hes earned it. 

The offense hasn't been the same as least year. But they haven't been all bad either. When you're giving up 31ppg, you're not going to win many. The only offense that could have a winning record right now with our defense is the Broncos. They average 39ppg. Our defense gives up 2 TDs more than the #1 scoring defense.

ive been talking about the offensive difficulties for a couple of weeks, but without getting into detail, our offense has underperformed in terms of the D's weve played and the points we've scored.

i'll go one better- find a game we lost in which the offense played well for two halves. 

again, this is not to say our D is good- its not. but our O is bad. 

Sekhmet187, on 11 Dec 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

Yes, because RGIII's stats last year was solely due to the offense "taking the league by storm" and he will never be a good QB, right? Because thats all you're basically saying. 

At this point, I'm just going to let the sky is falling people believe what they will because its beyond me how people can so easily give up on players after less than 2 years. 

Exactly. It takes time for QBs to develop. Brees was mediocre in his first 3 years, to the point that the Chargers gave up and drafted Rivers. Eli was bad to mediocre his first 4 years. He didn't have a passer rating over 80 until year 5.

You also need to put a team around a young QB. How good would Wilson, Luck, or Kaep look with this D and Special Teams? RG3 has struggled but the rest of the team has been awful.

im more baffled at how many people seem to loathe griffin.  this is a guy who won ROY last year and had one of the most impressive seasons for a QB ever let alone a rookie.  he blows his knee out and rushes back too soon, and has had a bad season.  is a good portion of it on him?  yes. hes not seeing the field, hes been inaccurate, hes made bad some bad decisions.  but hes 23 years old, already shown he can make huge plays and take over a game, and is playing with the worst D in the league, the worst ST in history, and an oline that can barely pass block.  throwing in the towel on him would be the worst idea ever.  and the cousins love is silly, hes been just as bad if not worse in all his spell time of griffin this year, and aside from a good game against the browns last year and a 2pt conversion against the ravens, nothing suggests hes any good.

give the guy some time, again, hes 23.  no other rookie QB is playing that well either outside of wilson (who is literally surrounded by gold).  this team gave guys like campbell and ramsey plenty of time before we knew they sucked, to give up on griffin this quickly is pretty sad.

The only thing nearly as wild as this whole charade going on right now is how quickly many fans have done complete 180s and turned on Griffin this year. You'd think he threw 30 INTs to 10 TDs and did it all while peeing on the American flag and punching a disabled baby in the face.

ive been talking about the offensive difficulties for a couple of weeks, but without getting into detail, our offense has underperformed in terms of the D's weve played and the points we've scored.

i'll go one better- find a game we lost in which the offense played well for two halves. 

So the defense isn't good and the special teams is historically bad, but everyone decides lets just criticize the offense? If thats not what you and other posters are trying to do, then lay off on constantly defending the other parts of the team and actually lay some blame their way. No where yet have I really heard many fans open discuss those issues since everyone would rather pile on either is RGIII or the Oline. Yes, the offense has had trouble, but they're literally the only side of the ball that gets any flack it seems.

Exactly. It takes time for QBs to develop. Brees was mediocre in his first 3 years, to the point that the Chargers gave up and drafted Rivers. Eli was bad to mediocre his first 4 years. He didn't have a passer rating over 80 until year 5.

You also need to put a team around a young QB. How good would Wilson, Luck, or Kaep look with this D and Special Teams? RG3 has struggled but the rest of the team has been awful.

yes it takes time, but weve already seen flashes of dominance.  remember matt stafford?  couldnt stay healthy, had a terrible team around him, couldnt do anything.  but he'd have some of those crazy games and throws that youd just say "damn, this kid can play".  weve already seen those moments with griffin.  its there.  hes got "it", as silly as that sounds.  its just clear that theres a horrible relationship between him and this staff, and hes getting the shaft because of it.

3 more weeks of this then its griffin and the next staff.  shanny will get his 3 weeks of FU time, then were good to go.

Very well said (sorry out of likes). For a fanbase that was crying for consistency for so long, our ROTY QB struggles in his 2nd year and its "He's not good! Bring in the backup!" and other short-sighted demands. Just schizophrenic.

This may surprise some:

Over the last 3 weeks our D is 9th in the league in total yards against.

O?  30th in the league in total yards.

I'm not saying the offense hasn't played lights out because we both know they haven't. But looking at the stats in terms of yards, we have the #14 QB, #7 RB, #14 WR (3rd in receptions). Yes they could be playing better. But I posted the stats of Luck, Wilson, and RG3 on the last page in here. Care to guess which one is which?

And what if RGIII plays great next season and leads the Redskins to the playoffs? because people like you sure aren't showing him support right now, so would you give him more next season than what you're doing right now? 

If the answer is yes, than you answered your own question about if people would support Cousins.

Nothing about this post is not showing support.  The poster you quoted is simply asking a hypothetical question about a hypothetical situation, one which may be possible however unlikely.  Let's stop being so overly sensitive.

Nothing about this post is not showing support.  The poster you quoted is simply asking a hypothetical question about a hypothetical situation, one which may be possible however unlikely.  Let's stop being so overly sensitive.

Because in his previous post he was bashing RGIII, hence why I said what I said. 

Archived