Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Shanahan Press Conference: "I haven't made a decision on the starting QB **UPDATE** per John Keim: Cousins will start

Boss_Hogg

Yes, they are doing their jobs....poorly but they are doing them.

Why are you refusing to believe it, it's happening. The coach is a schitzo and all these guys can do is go through the motions and wait it out.

Name one guy on this team who would benefit from saying something different now? Especially when crazy town is doing such a great job of digging his own grave?

There are no rumors, Shanahan quit 15 months ago, he wants to leave now but can't b/c of contract so now it's about him making everybody else miserable.

You say there are no rumors which I assume means you believe everything the media has said about the Redskins is fact.  On that premise I'm fairly certain we will be unable to come to any common ground for rationale thought.

I am in the military and there is a great deal of pressure to tow the line based on our rank structure.  But if my supervisor was trying to undermine the mission for his or her personal gain, I would absolutely stand up and say something.  Because by standing by and letting it happen I am now complicit in it happening and the mission failing.  Is it safe to assume if your boss was doing things to hurt the company and your job you would stand by and let it happen for fear that the boss that replaces him may hold that against you?  It doesn't make sense.

It's time for the Rex Express, baby. There would be something weirdly beautiful about Rex Grossman starting Shanahan's last game as an NFL coach.

LOL!  Soon, he's going to IR Griffin because of a hang nail on his non-throwing hand.  He'll then bring in Beck to prove once and for all that he was right to stake his reputation on him.

Also our OL might get Cousins killed. RG3 was at least starting to run better/escape the pocket.

I am no way defending Shanny, but RG3 was definitely responsible for a lot of the sacks he was taking.

He needs time to develop. Something Shanny realized he probably didn't have so he started looking for a way to salvage his rep.

Sorry reread your final line. Also our OL might get Cousins killed. RG3 was at least starting to run better/escape the pocket.

That has been my line of reasoning but something tells me this is all NFL long game to get Robert in a different city, different division and move forward with Kirk as redskins QB. If I am right then we will win at least 2 of the remaining 3 games. Enough games to generate the right amount of controversy and not enough games for the worm to turn the other way on Kirk, O line, defense, special teams and play selection/scheme/coverage schemes will all look far superior to what we have seen so far this season.Shame is fans have to pay to see this process drawn out. I also believe that the organization will be changing names sooner rather than later. The press will get what they want and I doubt the Oneida nation truly gives a flying cow.

Adam Schefter is so full of crap.  He's saying that 3 hours after the win against Dallas for the NFC East championship, things imploded and that's why Mike was thinking about quitting.  Yeah, beating Dallas and winning the NFC East championship for the first time in years caused the collapse, not what happened after Seattle lol.  I have lost respect for Schefter.  He is Shanhan's buddy.  I remember Schefter used to be a Redskins hater before Shanahan became our HC.  I guarantee Schefter will revert back to his ways once his buddy is canned.

Hard to trust anything Shefter is saying at this point. We know he's getting alot of his info from Shanny, who is trying to spin things.

Hard to trust anything Shefter is saying at this point. We know he's getting alot of his info from Shanny, who is trying to spin things.

Hopefully during his presser this afternoon someone says hey I found the source of the leaks and its you, according to your buddy Shefter. 

I wonder how KC feels knowing that one of the reasons RG3 is being benched is because the OL is that awful and can't protect him.  So it is not good enough to protect our star QB so we will put you in there.  

Shanny really thinks the sacks are on RG3, not the line.

He just doesn't have the balls to say it.

Exactly. Sure, RG3 has not played well this season, no disputing that. But he is FAR from the reason we're 3-10. Our defense is giving up 30+ points a game and according to PFF, we have the 4th worst Special Teams of ALL-TIME! But somehow Cousins is going to come in and make the defense and special teams play better.

Seriously?

He is the QB, the person responsible for leading the team to victory.

What has the teams offense done? Scored 49 points on offense in the past four games. That's an average of less then 2 TD's a game and no teams going to win like that.

Our Defense has scored 5 TD's this season (4 INT's, 1 Fumble Recovery)

Griffin has scored 11 more TD's the entire season then the Defense.

His QBR is a very bad 40%. He is the reason we are 3-10, sure the Defense sucks and the Special Teams sucks too but he isn't getting it done and to excuse him for his terrible play is mind boggling to me.

None of this would be going on today if Griffin was playing better, none of it.

Shanny really thinks the sacks are on RG3, not the line.

He just doesn't have the balls to say it.

KC already was getting pressured and sacked late in the 4th. Unless they change the scheme (tons of bootlegs, rollouts, spread) he's going to get hit. A lot. And if they do change the scheme the question is....why not earlier?

Someone on ESPN reported that he's not traveling with the team. I'll search for the URL or tweet.

I saw it on ESPN earlier this hour.  The woman reporter said he will not travel with the team, and then they put up the copy that he will not travel with the team.  I rewound it, and played it back to make sure I heard and saw it.  As I said, it cannot be correct.  But, they put it out there.  

If he really isn't traveling with the team I wonder what that means. Either way it is just more bad **** to come out of this complete and utter cluster****. 

For ****'s sake, I actually miss Zorn now compared to Shanahan. He was goofy and clueless and in over his head but at least he was honest and truly wanted what was best for this team. 

What a disaster.

If he really isn't traveling with the team I wonder what that means. Either way it is just more bad **** to come out of this complete and utter cluster****. 

For ****'s sake, I actually miss Zorn now compared to Shanahan. He was goofy and clueless and in over his head but at least he was honest and truly wanted what was best for this team. 

What a disaster.

Maroon and black lol

What a disaster.

This.

Who in the hell makes the decisions around here?

Just pissing gasoline on a raging inferno. 

Just fire him please

Seriously?

He is the QB, the person responsible for leading the team to victory.

What has the teams offense done? Scored 49 points on offense in the past four games. That's an average of less then 2 TD's a game and no teams going to win like that.

Our Defense has scored 5 TD's this season (4 INT's, 1 Fumble Recovery)

Griffin has scored 11 more TD's the entire season then the Defense.

His QBR is a very bad 40%. He is the reason we are 3-10, sure the Defense sucks and the Special Teams sucks too but he isn't getting it done and to excuse him for his terrible play is mind boggling to me.

None of this would be going on today if Griffin was playing better, none of it.

I beg to differ.

Here are the stats of the Luck, Wilson, RG3, and Kaep. Without looking can you tell me which is RG3?

60.1/3,203/16/12

58.6/3,119/19/8

64.5/2,871/23/7

57.2/2,487/16/8

Archived