Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Shanahan Press Conference: "I haven't made a decision on the starting QB **UPDATE** per John Keim: Cousins will start

Boss_Hogg

Yes, because RGIII's stats last year was solely due to the offense "taking the league by storm" and he will never be a good QB, right? Because thats all you're basically saying. 

At this point, I'm just going to let the sky is falling people believe what they will because its beyond me how people can so easily give up on players after less than 2 years. 

Thats where Im at. Some people want RG3 to fail. Thats fine, they are probably happy right now. Next year when Shanny is gone and RG3 is improved we will see how those same people feel then. I will no longer respond to the RG3 haters. If next December RG3 is struggling and showing no improvement, then I will agree with them. To give up on a 2nd year franchise QB who is coming off of major surgery is ridiculous imo. Alot of his stats are better than Andrew Lucks right now. I don't hear people crying about Luck being awful. And that folks is all Im going to say about that. It's just a waste of time to engage in negative conversations with my fellow Redskin fans.

HTTR

You say there are no rumors which I assume means you believe everything the media has said about the Redskins is fact.  On that premise I'm fairly certain we will be unable to come to any common ground for rationale thought.

The team has been an absolute disaster top to bottom this is fact. The coach wants to point to the owner and the QB but I'm not buying it especially since the same coach quit before the Seattle playoff game, a claim no one is refuting now.

Yeah, this isn't the military, it's just a game and it's meaningless ones at that. Everybody knows what's up, the coach wants to get fired, why step in? What's the difference now between 3-13 and 6-10?

Fine. Shanny thinks Kirk can run the offense better. I think deep down that is the truth.

Which means he should still be fired for blowing so many picks on RG3.

Not to mention the defense and special teams.

You see? There is literally no situation where one argue Shanny shouldn't be fired.

I don't think this is about saving his job or even his reputation. I think he's trying to give Kyle's offense the best chance to succeed. There is probably a strong opinion within that family that Kyle has a long, promising career ahead of him. If his offense can look good, then it's going to help him get that next job.

He is probably the only player that can get away with boycotting Mike S. bull****. Mike will be long gone before RG3 is.

It would be awesome if Mr. Snyder fired Kyle right now.

It would be awesome, but it also looks bad on Dan Snyder. He's such an easy target, even when he does things the right way.

Then why did he try to quit last year?  If he quit he doesn't get money.  So somewhere along the line there is an inconsistency in reports.

I dont think you can "try" to quit. You either quit, or you dont lol But you said it, if he quit, he doesnt get his money.  I think ultimately the reason why he didnt is because he would look like an ass if he left the team right after the franchise QB, whom they traded so much for, suffered a terrible injury

I don't think this is about saving his job or even his reputation. I think he's trying to give Kyle's offense the best chance to succeed. There is probably a strong opinion within that family that Kyle has a long, promising career ahead of him. If his offense can look good, then it's going to help him get that next job.

Which is why he should have never been allowed to hire his son.  He's worried about Snyder's relationship with the QB but it seems like his personal relationship with the OC is effecting the team as well.

Another question to ponder...

what if...just what if Cousins is the next Brady...a quarterback custom made for this offense.....the speed at which he got rid of the football was impressive as well as comments in the offseason that his brain is like a computer...

not saying he is the next Brady..because no one knows because he hasn't played enough to prove anything....but what if he is much better suited for this offense...

are fans going to give him credit and rally behind him?  

or are the going to begrudge him that honor and still prefer to see RG3...?

wouldn't it be ironic if the Redskins traded Cousins after this year and he turns into the next Brady or Aaron Rodgers on some other team...and RG3 doesn't elevate his passing game and can't run as well as he did in 2012...

then the Redskins will be back shopping for the next franchise quarterback after having given one away.

all this will work out for the good in the end for alot of people....

Some captain, huh?  Always thought it was odd that he was made a captain his rookie season.  Marketing ploy?

Oh good lord. Yes, he was made captain at the insistence of Dan Snyder over the objections of the coaches and players so they could sell more jerseys. Pull your head out, man.

Seriously?

He is the QB, the person responsible for leading the team to victory.

What has the teams offense done? Scored 49 points on offense in the past four games. That's an average of less then 2 TD's a game and no teams going to win like that.

Our Defense has scored 5 TD's this season (4 INT's, 1 Fumble Recovery)

Griffin has scored 11 more TD's the entire season then the Defense.

His QBR is a very bad 40%. He is the reason we are 3-10, sure the Defense sucks and the Special Teams sucks too but he isn't getting it done and to excuse him for his terrible play is mind boggling to me.

None of this would be going on today if Griffin was playing better, none of it.

while i wouldnt put it all on griff, its fair to say our offense hasnt played 'well'. i think its absolutely fair to say our offense hasnt played well, even though our D and ST get the vast majority of the blame. 

not saying they dont deserve blame, just that many seem to think our O is good enough. its not. 

When they called for last week's weather to be atrocious I said to several friends and family members that there is no way I would play Griffin and risk serious injury again. This is why I'm slightly suspicious that NOW Shanny is "concerned" for his health.

That's why I've been calling BS since the report came out. If he was so worried about him getting hurt, why did he play him last week in the snow against one of the better defenses in the league? This week we're in a dome against a bad defense and now he's worried about his healthy? GTFO

Another question to ponder...

what if...just what if Cousins is the next Brady...a quarterback custom made for this offense.....the speed at which he got rid of the football was impressive as well as comments in the offseason that his brain is like a computer...

not saying he is the next Brady..because no one knows because he hasn't played enough to prove anything....but what if he is much better suited for this offense...

are fans going to give him credit and rally behind him?  

or are the going to begrudge him that honor and still prefer to see RG3...?

wouldn't it be ironic if the Redskins traded Cousins after this year and he turns into the next Brady or Aaron Rodgers on some other team...and RG3 doesn't elevate his passing game and can't run as well as he did in 2012...

then the Redskins will be back shopping for the next franchise quarterback after having given one away.

all this will work out for the good in the end for alot of people....

And what if RGIII plays great next season and leads the Redskins to the playoffs? because people like you sure aren't showing him support right now, so would you give him more next season than what you're doing right now? 

If the answer is yes, than you answered your own question about if people would support Cousins.

I really hope the news that RG3 isn't traveling with the team is bogus. That would look horrible on RG.

To be fair it depends on who made the decision and why.

If it's RG3 made the decision that would be the worst in my opinion because it suggests that he is as immature as some would believe and has the authority to do so.  Reflects poorly on himself and doesn't paint a good picture for whoever coaches next year.

If it's Shanahan it could be for three reasons, one that Shanahan is punishing RG3 which suggests that RG3 did something wrong.  I think this is also a bad decision, as it makes the punishment public.

If it's Shanahan doing it to prevent RG3 talking to the media or the team about how he should be starting or to make Kirk play without looking over his shoulder, still not good but at least it is to help the team.  Again, this team is a disaster to have gotten this far.

If Shanahan did it because he wants Robert to take some down time from a season that has not gone well and to unwind, this may be the best choice but still does not reflect well.

Ideally RG3 would take the benching after having a good discussion with Shanahan, where they both can openly discuss their positions and come to the conclusion that this is in the best interest of the team going forward, and RG3 travels with the team without causing any friction.  But not sure we ever see anything handled ideally from this point forward.

Archived