Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA: *TJAX*Davis, Clingan, RJ, McCoy, DJ, RC, McGlynn, EJ, Moore, Jordan, BMeri, Rogers, Hatcher, Geathers, Sharpton, Porter, Hayward, Lauvao, Roberts

DC9

Im not in love with the Penn connection, mainly due to concerns I have over his weight issues. But he HAS started every game for the Bucs at LT the last 108 regular season games so its a stretch to call him 'washed up".

I was trying to be funny with that post lol    I'm all for the Penn signing.  Let's let the games begin and see who the best man is out of training camp and pre season.

Re: Akeem Jordan

Only thing I could find aside from vague mentions of 6 teams being interested, with he and us having mutual interest is that he was slated to visit the Titans today, according to a nationalfootballpost article from the 12th.

I seem to remember the mutual interest story coming around the same time we signed Sharpton.

With Riley, Hayward, Sharpton, and Robinson competing for 2 spots, we might have made sharpton and jordan an either or situation, not both. Especially if we're looking at guys in the draft.

I'm wondering how all that playing around with weight will transfer to the field. LeRiebus, for one, was been +- 40 lbs or so the last year and change. Gettis put on about 20-25. If he's never played that big, I'm curious to see how he does at that size.

Agreed. Gettis pushing cars around and LeRibeus talking about rectifying his weight issue are nice and all, but...

might we actually see two long time myths come to fruition this year? Us having success with two TE sets AND what an actual pass rush does for a secondary.

Finally! Right?

But yeah looks that way, last year Eifert had 59 targets and Gresham had 66 targets.

The Hatcher signing was huge get in my eyes. Dude can penetrate and our DL needed that.

I don't know how/why this whole 1-gap rumor has basically become fact but even in a 2-gap based scheme a DE can still generate pressure and sacks Green Bays 2-gap DL has been getting sacks and pressures for years. But if you DL can't pressure the scheme 1-gap or 2-gap won't make them.

But adding Hatcher plus Haslett saying he will turn the OLB loose more does sound like a recipe for more pass rush.

The only way I see Daniels signing would to be to fill Fred Davis' role for a year or 2.  If it meant cutting Paulson, it would be a horrible move.  Daniels is 5 yrs older, hasn't played a full season since 2008, not to mention Paulson is a better all-around tight end at this point.

Stole the words off my finger tips. Paulsen wasn't healthy last year. When healthy he's the best blocking TE on the team by a wide margin and he's a decent receiving target. I don't Paulsen and Owens fill the same roles.

Redskins get some contract guidance with Monday deals

As free agency moves into its next phase prices for players start to drop and the Redskins may have received some guidance from deals given out this morning at two positions of need.

On area they are looking is at safety. Nate Allen re-signed with the Eagles for one year. His base will be $2 million and he has a chance to earn another $1 million in incentives.

Allen’s deal sets the bar. Now, if a safety who has been inconsistent over the years wants more than $2 million per year he needs to have some good reasons why (are you listening Brandon Meriweather?).

The other deal of immediate relevance to the Redskins is right tackle Zach Strief signing to remain with the Saints. His five-year contract is for $20.5 million with $8.4 million guaranteed.

Strief is 30 and after spending five years as a reserve with an occasional start he has been the Saints’ regular starter at right tackle the past three seasons. He’s solid but not great.

Donald Penn, who is visiting the Redskins, might have a case to make more than Strief, but not a lot more. Penn has a more substantial resume with 108 starts at left tackle and a Pro Bowl nod back in 2010. But the Redskins are looking for him to play right tackle so the premium paid to play on the left side won’t apply here. The Redskins will look to pay Penn as a right tackle in his 30’s and that’s just what Strief is.

So look for the Redskins to offer Penn perhaps a bit more than Strief got—five years, $22 million with $9 million guaranteed.

Same exact thing I saw from Lauvao, I was impressed watching his tape. I watched his week 9 tape vs the ravens and he was holding his own against terrance cody, ngata and suggs whenever they would go right at him. The one thing I loved is he hardly gets pushed back however I did hate him run blocking. lol

When I watched chris chester he was semi impressive on rub blocking but on pass protection he use to get pushed back right in to RGIII I started to realize why RGIII struggled so much to pass. 

Believe Cooley is off base on this player too.

I remember that show coming on everyday before school.

i knew somebody would know! Loved me some great space coaster.

Not to be captain buzzkill... But you guys may want to edit your quotes. Not allowed to quote pics...

Very interesting pickup. I must admit I seemed to forget how weak our TE situation is behind Jordan Reed.

Logan Paulsen is a perfectly adequate.  Now whether our 3rd stringer is good enough is questionable

If we sign Owen Daniels, I think we would be more likely to cut Niles Paul than Logan Paulsen.

WHy do we need a tight end...Niles paul a great special teams player....hard nose player...n Logan Paulsen will only get better and the best blocker....AND Reed is Hernandez  JR ( On the Field)

Archived