Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA: *TJAX*Davis, Clingan, RJ, McCoy, DJ, RC, McGlynn, EJ, Moore, Jordan, BMeri, Rogers, Hatcher, Geathers, Sharpton, Porter, Hayward, Lauvao, Roberts

DC9

JMS, I'd hope we try and only snag him for 4.

While his signing bonus shouldn't be that big, I'd prefer not to have dead money from him through '18.

Only reason to give him 5 years is to tiebreak with Oakland, if that's necessary. I think the FO knows that Penn is likely a 2 year rental on a 4 or 5 year deal.

I agree. 4 year deal, 17-20 mil max. Able to get out of after 3 years.

T ‏@TMM75 1h

@JsteelznSkins Got a few people saying just a few i's left to dot for Owen. We'll see

I, for one, would absolutely love this signing. He's older and was injured a lot last year, but the guy has consistently been one of the better TEs in the league the last few years and was a monster in the bootleg PA system with the Texans that we're still going to run to some extent according to Gruden.

If he stays healthy as does Reed, that's a deadly combo.  

I really hope they sign Penn today. Having new names at 4 of the 5 positions on the O-line (I know they are switching Lit to center but it still counts) is a great thing. Whether it works out or not is another thing, but at least they will have tried to address our woeful O-line.

NOTTIN' should EVER shut the door on Swiss Army Niles for he is our jack of all trades. (And master of none like but that's mere details to the bigger picture!). 

Hail. 

I think Niles has to be on the team unless we are ready to keep 5 or 6 ILB... which this year might be that year if we get another TE who has some longevity.

You can almost bank on Reed missing a couple of games.  You don't want to be stuck with Logan and another TE who can't stay healthy like Owen Daniels.

Alas... all the more reason to get DY reps as often as possible at TE this offseason.

I've watched a little bit of tape on Lauvao.............Overall, I think he's an upgrade, big time, to our offensive line. I don't think he was a depth signing. I think he was brought in to be our starting RG.

Great post KDawg. We can all comment as armchair GM's, but he was clearly the guy Gruden wanted, and he was the priority OL target. Thanks for the analysis.

I, for one, would absolutely love this signing. He's older and was injured a lot last year, but the guy has consistently been one of the better TEs in the league the last few years and was a monster in the bootleg PA system with the Texans that we're still going to run to some extent according to Gruden.

If he stays healthy as does Reed, that's a deadly combo.  

Imagine Daniels, Reed, and The Lumberjack all in on the same play.

6 points  :D

Also, on Niles, it always seemed to me that he was Shanny's project, like he got chances others would not.

I like Niles but he got an asterisk when trying to project the roster. We need good guys for teams, but if Doughty is expendable then so is Swiss.

If we can improve positions like TE and S without sacrificing teams, the end result is a net improvement.

Imagine Daniels, Reed, and The Lumberjack all in on the same play.

6 points  :D

I don't know if it's the fantasy footballer in me, but I'm super excited about Owen Daniels, lol. So, yeah, no hyperbolic statements like yours above are too far-fetched for me. :D 

When I read that, first thing I thought was uh, oh, here come the unicorns lol.

Oh, God, don't remind anyone! 

Depends on Gruden's feelings about Swiss army knives.

I'm asking you.

You have a TE1 who didn't finish the season and a TE2 who is pretty good at catching and blocking but nothing special.

If you sign a TE who has injury issues, do you cut loose of a player who has versatility?

I'm asking you.

You have a TE1 who didn't finish the season and a TE2 who is pretty good at catching and blocking but nothing special.

If you sign a TE who has injury issues, do you cut loose of a player who has versatility?

*Waves hand madly ...... Can I answer or is it better I sit back down?

Hail. 

WHy do we need a tight end...Niles paul a great special teams player....hard nose player...n Logan Paulsen will only get better and the best blocker....AND Reed is Hernandez  JR ( On the Field)

I don't think they trust Reed to stay healthy.  Can't say I blame them, cuz so far, not so good on that front.  He probably hasn't been healthy since before he got hurt at Florida. 

They just really need Paul to step up at TE.  Cuz he makes it difficult cuz of his value on special teams.

Archived