Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA: *TJAX*Davis, Clingan, RJ, McCoy, DJ, RC, McGlynn, EJ, Moore, Jordan, BMeri, Rogers, Hatcher, Geathers, Sharpton, Porter, Hayward, Lauvao, Roberts

DC9

Honestly don't rate him. 

Give me the two LSU guys Beckham (if he falls) or Landry for the slot in at 34 if you're going wide-out. 

Hail. 

I can't lie I've been drinking the Benjamin kool-aid so i'm kind of bias lol......but cool i'll check out beckham and Landry today, thanks bro!!!! 

As it is, I think Mike only used FB on 14% of the snaps last year... something like that.  But it was noticable when he did.

DRC is off the table.  DRC and Thurmond with the Giants.  Interesting.  Two tall corners.

Niles Paul had only 4 catches for 51 yards last year.   

Paulsen on the other hand had 28 Receiptions, 14 starts, 267 yards, a long of 33 and 3 Touchdowns.

Jordan Reid started 4 games... was 45 for 499 Yards, 3 Touchdowns, and one 18 yard rushing attempt apparently.

Fred Davis had 3 Starts, 7 Receptions for 70 yards and a single Touchdown.

Oh and wasn't it NIles who was doing kick returns at one point in the year, and failing to get to the 20?

Paul wasn't targeted much, he was used for blocking mostly when he came in. Paulsen just played more because he was considered the better blocker.

And you're probably thinking of Thompson on kid returns. Paul wasn't great, but he was a big improvement over Thompson and Morgan.

DRC is off the table.  DRC and Thurmond with the Giants.  Interesting.  Two tall corners.

Folk keep saying the Giants have had a poor FA but they've quietly strengthened well. And they could well have the comp. picks to come for Tuck and Nicks. So they're covering 2015/ 16 as well. 

Hail. 

Hypothetical. We sign Ryan Clark and Donald Penn. The 34th pick rolls around and Calvin Pryor, Kelvin Benjamin and Zach Martin are there. Who do you pick?

Everyone knows it's Calvin Pryor for me, and our FS is solved for the next 12 years.

Unfortunately the way the team is shaping up I think Alfred Morris days here in the next year or two are numbered. :(

Look for us to get a more scat type back in the future with a skill set like Giovani Bernard. 

This is all speculation though I hope i'm completely wrong. lol

Not so sure. I feel the team is confident in dumping the ZBS and stock up on heavyweights because Morris has shown an ability to shed tacklers even while wrapped him. If they can give him gaps then i can see him being just as effective.

I can't lie I've been drinking the Benjamin kool-aid so i'm kind of bias lol......but cool i'll check out beckham and Landry today, thanks bro!!!! 

Florida State was on TV a lot this year and Benjamin just looked too dominant. I trust the consensus thought that he is rough around the edges and still needs to learn a lot about playing WR, however, he would literally be a matchup nightmare and his upside is ridiculous. I wouldn't be against picking him up at pick #34, though I would have to know he may take time to develop.

Folk keep saying the Giants have had a poor FA but they've quietly strengthened well. And they could well have the comp. picks to come for Tuck and Nicks. So they're covering 2015/ 16 as well. 

Hail. 

Are you really Albert Breer and Gibbs Hog Heaven is just your alter ego? 

Giants quietly putting together a very solid offseason.

Not so sure. I feel the team is confident in dumping the ZBS and stock up on heavyweights because Morris has shown an ability to shed tacklers even while wrapped him. If they can give him gaps then i can see him being just as effective.

Sorry, but the ZBS is used in almost every offense around the league. Sure, Shanny's offense was based on it, but we were never going to simply dump all of that out of the playbook. I think Morris has shown he is special enough to flourish in a variety of rush offenses, and also good enough to have an offense tailor around his talents.

Trade down a few and pick up an extra 5th

Make it an extra 3/4. I'm fed up with stacking up low end picks that pan out to very little. At a quick glance I make it 21 5th or lower picks the last 4 years of which 10 are still on the roster and only Morris regular contributes to any significant degree to date. 

I want impact players man. Not just stocking up on bodies. 

Hail. 

Hypothetical. We sign Ryan Clark and Donald Penn. The 34th pick rolls around and Calvin Pryor, Kelvin Benjamin and Zach Martin are there. Who do you pick?

That's a tough decision. It has to be between Pryor and Benjamin for me, I would go with Pryor who is arguably a sure fire starter, and draft Martavis Bryant in the 3rd if he makes it that far.

Make it an extra 3/4. I'm fed up with stacking up low end picks that pan out to very little. At a quick glance I make it 21 5th or lower picks the last 4 years of which 10 are still on the roster and only Morris regular contributes to any significant degree to date. 

I want impact players man. Not just stocking up on bodies. 

Hail. 

If you can get an extra fifth for dropping say 3 or 4 spots in the 2nd, i'm all for. Chances are you still get one of a few targeting. Dropping down 20 or so is more of a risk. It's not like there hasn't been some major talent found in the 5th and beyond.

Sorry, but the ZBS is used in almost every offense around the league. Sure, Shanny's offense was based on it, but we were never going to simply dump all of that out of the playbook. I think Morris has shown he is special enough to flourish in a variety of rush offenses, and also good enough to have an offense tailor around his talents.

I didn't say we were going to, but considering you've just added about 250 or so pounds onto the line, it's not something this line is going to excel out with the loss of mobility.  I was just defending Morris and saying he is going to do well regardless. 

Archived