Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA: *TJAX*Davis, Clingan, RJ, McCoy, DJ, RC, McGlynn, EJ, Moore, Jordan, BMeri, Rogers, Hatcher, Geathers, Sharpton, Porter, Hayward, Lauvao, Roberts

DC9

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna 

Brandon Meriweather has agreed to return to The Redskins for 1 year deal worth 1 million per source #NFLFreeAgency #redskins

Nice! Looking forward to the suspensions and personal foul calls costing us field position. Seriously though... I hope Gruden knocks some sense into this guy because he does have good range and can definitely tackle.

Hypothetical. We sign Ryan Clark and Donald Penn. The 34th pick rolls around and Calvin Pryor, Kelvin Benjamin and Zach Martin are there. Who do you pick?

Do they have the same grade in this hypothetical or are going by my grades?

If Zach Martin is the highest rated player then I take him; even if we have Penn.

Penn's day as a Redskins would be numbered and we could move Martin into the starting RT spot next year and in the process save a bunch of dough.

Plus I I have Ward and Bucannon rated high so if Pryor fell to the 34th pick then odds are one of them will be available at pick 66.

Nice! Looking forward to the suspensions and personal foul calls costing us field position. Seriously though... I hope Gruden knocks some sense into this guy because he does have good range and can definitely tackle.

He actually toned that down later in the year and was serviceable. I'd take him for cheap over what is left on the market.

Not at liberty to say. If I told you that DC9, our resident two finger killer, would have to 'silence you.'

Hail. 

HAHAHAHA 

Brandon Meriweather for 1 year 1 million? WOW that is a great deal for us! Now if we can lock up Penn and Owen Daniels i'll be extremely happy with our off-season. 

Folk keep saying the Giants have had a poor FA but they've quietly strengthened well. And they could well have the comp. picks to come for Tuck and Nicks. So they're covering 2015/ 16 as well. 

Hail. 

I agree.  And they just got rid of a couple of later model Casey Rabach's on their line.

I would too but I've floated it a lot and I still think DY has a heck of a fight on hands to make the 53. 

Which would be a REAL shame as he's one of the hardest working ballers we have on the books. 

Hail. 

Young plays teams, runs hard, catches the ball nicely.  They will have to find a spot for him

Do they have the same grade in this hypothetical or are going by my grades?

If Zach Martin is the highest rated player then I take him; even if we have Penn.

Penn's day as a Redskins would be numbered and we could move Martin into the starting RT spot next year and in the process save a bunch of dough.

Plus I I have Ward and Bucannon rated high so if Pryor fell to the 34th pick then odds are one of them will be available at pick 66.

If I recall Martin could also play guard until he moves outside.

That's a pretty solid number for Meriweather. I actually think his on field play was a little underrated last year, minus the obvious penalty problems. But honestly I tend to think that's not nearly as big of a deal as a lot of people make it out to be. He may get a few more penalities than most, but I do think last year was a bit of an abberation.

I hardly think this negates the need for Ryan Clark though. I imagine if we signed both they would play together, with Meriweather at SS and Clark at FS. A pretty decent combo of veteran starters to bridge the gap to the younger guys.

Florida State was on TV a lot this year and Benjamin just looked too dominant. I trust the consensus thought that he is rough around the edges and still needs to learn a lot about playing WR, however, he would literally be a matchup nightmare and his upside is ridiculous. I wouldn't be against picking him up at pick #34, though I would have to know he may take time to develop.

I dont know, im so tired of the "WRs need 3 years to get it in the NFL for the Redskins" line that im not sure i could stomach another project. Meanwhile other teams draft rookie WRs that come in and make and immeadiate impact.

John Keim @john_keim 

No surprise with either news. From what I've gathered, Skins not wowed by second-tier S's, certainly not better than Brandon in their eyes.

Rolls eyes. Here's what I read from the above:

no BS translation:

Redskins FO not willing to admit they couldn't close the deal on any of the available SAFs. Chris Clemons and some of the other available and better SAFs want more then the 1 mil they are paying Meriweather. They are keeping their fingers crossed in hopes a SAF will fall to them via the draft.

Archived