Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA: *TJAX*Davis, Clingan, RJ, McCoy, DJ, RC, McGlynn, EJ, Moore, Jordan, BMeri, Rogers, Hatcher, Geathers, Sharpton, Porter, Hayward, Lauvao, Roberts

DC9

Niles Paul had only 4 catches for 51 yards last year.

Paulsen on the other hand had 28 Receiptions, 14 starts, 267 yards, a long of 33 and 3 Touchdowns.

Jordan Reid started 4 games... was 45 for 499 Yards, 3 Touchdowns, and one 18 yard rushing attempt apparently.

Fred Davis had 3 Starts, 7 Receptions for 70 yards and a single Touchdown.

Oh and wasn't it NIles who was doing kick returns at one point in the year, and failing to get to the 20?

He would also be the special teams player that was stiff armed by Devin freakin Hester to start off his TD return

#Redskins building the All-Anti-PFF secondary. Meriweather @PFF's No. 77 safety of 86. Porter 105 of 110 CBs. Hall & Amerson tied for 84th.

Also, new #Redskins $17 million guard Shawn Lauvao came in 70th among 81 qualifying guards in @PFF's 2013 ratings.

Somewhere, young Kyle just creamed his pants at the double PFF mention. 

*Too much of a visual?

Hail. 

Gona' sit down in a few and try bang something out on techniques/ gaps in a few in my own simplistic way.  :P

Hail. 

I'm not impatient man, not when I know waiting is gonna be worth it.  Besides, I'm pretty much at the mercy of you football geniuses when it comes to that kind of thing. lol

BMeriweather back in the fold.  I still think we try to sign Clark and put Brandon in the box.  At least, I hope that's what we do.

If Meriweather is our starting FS when the season starts, I think we are in big trouble.

Couldn't agree more. I don't get the love for the thug. SERIOUS liability. 

Hail. 

#Redskins building the All-Anti-PFF secondary. Meriweather @PFF's No. 77 safety of 86. Porter 105 of 110 CBs. Hall & Amerson tied for 84th.

Also, new #Redskins $17 million guard Shawn Lauvao came in 70th among 81 qualifying guards in @PFF's 2013 ratings.

I quit paying attention to PFF when they had Madieu Williams as average...no way he was average lol

I love advanced metrics but football is definitely one of the hardest sports to try to grade that way. I get the feeling our guys (and Porter and Lauvao) being on overall bad teams will somewhat skew their grades. Not saying we shouldnt put any stock in them but its also far from the be-all end all, and I've noticed these grades often vary WILDLY from year to year.

Rolls eyes. Here's what I read from the above:

no BS translation:

Redskins FO not willing to admit they couldn't close the deal on any of the available SAFs. Chris Clemons and some of the other available and better SAFs want more then the 1 mil they are paying Meriweather. They are keeping their fingers crossed in hopes a SAF will fall to them via the draft.

sorry, don't buy it.  Not a big Merriweather fan but I doubt the Skins would be willing to give up on Rambo and Thomas so quick. 

Color code:

Unknown/first time receiving extensive playing time

Replacement level player

Solid starter

Blue Chip starter

.............................................FS-Meriweather

..................................................................................................SS-Gumbs

......................................................ILB-Riley...............ILB-Hayward

.......................ROLB-Rak....RDE-Hatcher......NT-Cofield........LDE-Baker...LOLB-Kerrigan

CB-Amerson....................................................................................................NB-Porter......CB-Hall

Not an A+ off season but not terrible either. The defense is certainly better then last year.

I'm probably a minority here but Meriweather/Gumbs has must-see TV potential. Maybe like a car crash but not without hair-raising possibilities either. With a solid rush and good coaching, hey.

Would make going over the middle slightly intimidating. For us and them, I'll admit.

Archived