Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA: *TJAX*Davis, Clingan, RJ, McCoy, DJ, RC, McGlynn, EJ, Moore, Jordan, BMeri, Rogers, Hatcher, Geathers, Sharpton, Porter, Hayward, Lauvao, Roberts

DC9

I agree with you, if Martin is BPA (and in this case I think he very likely is) you take him. However, in this case if the F.O. grades all 3 as first round picks and roughly equivalent on their big board, I think it's possible they let perceived need at FS or WR sway them in that direction over a position they've heavily invested in this offseason.

What do you think? If the F.O. has only a fraction of a % point separating these 3 guys (which is reasonable given all 3 have mid first round grades) what do you think breaks the tie for them?

Imo this is the danger of drafting for need.  It can begins to skew internal draft grades.

But of course If there is only a fraction of difference then by all means takes whichever player meets the need.

However; having a need could morph whatever separation exsisted from rounds to half a round to fractions.

Personally I would take Martin because if Pryor falls to pick 34 its likely that Ward or Bucannon will be available at pick 66.

In the scenario above I would hope for:

34 Martin

66 Bucannon

RT Penn

RG Lauvao

C Lichtensteiger

LG Gettis/Ribs

LT Williams

Well, a guy can dream, right? (REFRESH)

I would be good with this. Gettis has been having a really good offseason apparently, so I'm excited to see what he'll do. Maybe we draft another guard to compete with Lauvao and for the LG spot and I'd be very happy.

Giants have signed DRC they now have Walter Thurmond and DRC as their CBs that defense has gotten alot better the last week with those signings and the resigning of Jon Beason.

Tougher to pass on yes, but their pass rush was hurt with tuck leaving. That guy always killed us.

Also Thurmond and DRC are skinny frail corners. Can't wait for Alfred Morris to be trucking them

hmm sadly I think the opposite. The Chip Kelly hiring is proving a stroke of genius and I also think the Sproles signing will suit their offense big time. Right now (And I reckon I'm in the minority with this) I think the Eagles are dark horses for a Super Bowl run. They are only getting better as they get used to Kelly's system.

The Cowboys are on the decline though and the Giants I'm not sure about. I don't rate Cromartie massively so that hasn't left me too worried but they've definitely improved and won't be giving us a 6 game head start like last year. 

As always with the NFC East the standings will prob finish the complete opposite to that though  :P

I'm not sure I'd go as far as making a run, but I HATE what's going on in Philthy. 

People are seriously underestimating them as being a 'fad that will struggle in year two' without appreciating just how much Kelly himself adapted to the pro game and changed the Eagles style with little tweaks the more the year rolled. Not to mention they have the strongest roster in the division for me. 

Throw in the Giants quietly but surely improving through this period and the East will be a tough ass SOB to get through next year. 

Sans Dallas of course who just roll from one disaster to another.  :lol:

Hail. 

I still don't get why Rhodes is not being shown any interest. I don't care how ghey he is, the guy is better than any Saftey on our team. We are discussing Tenard Jackson for crying out loud.

They inquired and apparently he wasn't interested in playing football anymore.  The same thing happened last season, when a team offered him a contract and he was busy with non-football related activities.  I don't think it has as much to do with being gay as just not wanting to play anymore.

I read earlier he told Nicks that the Colts were a better fit for him. He must hate being a GM or something.

I read that too, but that could mean anything.  They could have gone back and forth about the future of the team, money, length of contract, etc. and it boiled down to the GM being like, well if that's the case/what you are looking for perhaps the Colts would be a better fit for you.

Right now, the Panthers have made an attractive team to play for (3 months ago) to a not so attractive team for veterans.  Nicks has his Super Bowl ring.  He's wanting that opportunity again, Carolina can't give that to him in the contract he would have signed.  If they had retained Smitty, told Nicks he would be the #1/2 WR with Smitty and they were going to bring in a slot WR or resign Ginn Jr or LaFell, then he probably would be all over it.

If I'm a vet FA receiver, I'm not playing there this year or next year.  

If you go search Donald Penn on twitter, not going to his actual twitter page, but any tweets about him.  There is a tweet 30 mins ago from Scott Bair, Raiders insider saying he is asking for a lot of money from both the Raiders and Skins.

#Raiders still in play for Donald Penn, but his agent is asking for a lot. #Redskins trying to snag him too.

Archived