Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA: *TJAX*Davis, Clingan, RJ, McCoy, DJ, RC, McGlynn, EJ, Moore, Jordan, BMeri, Rogers, Hatcher, Geathers, Sharpton, Porter, Hayward, Lauvao, Roberts

DC9

Color code:

Unknown/first time receiving extensive playing time

Replacement level player

Solid starter

Blue Chip starter

.............................................FS-Meriweather

..................................................................................................SS-Gumbs

......................................................ILB-Riley...............ILB-Hayward

.......................ROLB-Rak....RDE-Hatcher......NT-Cofield........LDE-Baker...LOLB-Kerrigan

CB-Amerson....................................................................................................NB-Porter......CB-Hall

Not an A+ off season but not terrible either. The defense is certainly better then last year.

Interesting, but where do Thomas and Minnefield fit in if they kick butt during OTAs and Preseason? And what if Rambo does the same?

Be a bit frustrated with re-signing Merriweather if it happened. With as poor as the pass defense was last season I'd hate to be running in place.

How frustrated are you now? :P

Starting safeties could very well end up being Merriweather & Tanard Jackson.

Dave Gettleman is on the thinnest ice.

He literally let every decent WRs the Panthers have get away and has done nothing to replace them.

Cam doesn't need WRs.

The Panthers will switch to the wishbone, put two linemen out as WRs, and set NFL passing offenses back 20 years.

You've never heard of RB's declining at the age of 30?

Well, okay then.

Yes, actually I have. How RBs declining at age 30 makes a 27 year old an "old man", though,  seems to be some special blend of nonsense.

But hey, Gruden this year will have a RB who's 25/26, not 27, so really things couldn't be more different!

Could. I worry about Tanard Jackson. Hasn't played ball in two years and he's one mistake away from an even longer vacation. But hey, I like giving him a look and seeing if he can contribute.

Pro Football Focus is useless...they rank Tyler Polombus highly....what else is there to say?

Yeah, in regards to PFF rankings on our secondary, I thought D Hall played excellent last season.  Having him ranked #84 is laughable.  Wasn't it PFF that had our oline ranked as the 3rd best in the league?  They are all over the place with head scratching rankings.

Yes, actually I have. How RBs declining at age 30 makes a 27 year old an "old man", though,  seems to be some special blend of nonsense.

But hey, Gruden this year will have a RB who's 25/26, not 27, so really things couldn't be more different!

BJGE is 28 right now and turns 29 in July. 

Interesting, but where do Thomas and Minnefield fit in if they kick butt during OTAs and Preseason? And what if Rambo does the same?

I guess it depends on how much butt the kick.

I would figure if those guys kick butt the have a chance to make the team as depth.

To earn starting spots Rambo would have to beat out Meriweather and if he was ready to do we would have saw it last year and the FO wouldn't feel the need to bring Meriweather back.

Thomas would have to (a) be healthy (B) beat out Gumbs.

Chase needs to come back healthy and beat out Crawford before he can worry about challenging Porter.

Color code:

Unknown/first time receiving extensive playing time

Replacement level player

Solid starter

Blue Chip starter

.............................................FS-Meriweather

..................................................................................................SS-Gumbs

......................................................ILB-Riley...............ILB-Hayward

.......................ROLB-Rak....RDE-Hatcher......NT-Cofield........LDE-Baker...LOLB-Kerrigan

CB-Amerson....................................................................................................NB-Porter......CB-Hall

Not an A+ off season but not terrible either. The defense is certainly better then last year.

If we can play 12 on D, we're gonna be in good shape

Could. I worry about Tanard Jackson. Hasn't played ball in two years and he's one mistake away from an even longer vacation. But hey, I like giving him a look and seeing if he can contribute.

Same here as I'm getting conflicting reports on him. One saying he's been keeping in decent shape & one saying he's still partying. Not giving the partying report much credence though as I heard it 3rd-4th hand. That & he knows this is his last chance.

A lot of things 'could' happen in theory but I don't buy T.Jax for a second. I think more of this regime/FO to think they would consider a player that has been out of football for 2 seasons and was a marginal player when he played that has yet to be reinstated as a possible starter in the secondary.

BJGE is 28 right now and turns 29 in July. 

Your comment that I first responded to was that Gruden will have a different running game this year because he won't have an "old man" like Green-Ellis as his RB this year. Since BJGE was 27 and 28 in the two years Gruden coached him, those are the relevant numbers, and Morris will be 25 at the beginning of the season and turns 26 before the end of it. My numbers were perfectly valid, your posts are just nonsense.

I won't waste any more of my time on this, but try to make your posts a little less ridiculous in the future, OK?

I have no idea how you got that from my post.....at all but whatevs.........

your post suggests they had to have someone to the point they would be desperate for a draft pick.  But in fact they've got one guy on the roster who's never played and another who had had a year to learn.  That's reason not to be

Better Tanard Jackson than either of our other options.  

However, if Jackson is playing the way he did during the preseason before the suspension, and Merriweather's at SS I actually think there's potential to have a pretty good set of safeties.  I just don't like Merriweather at FS, but feel like everyone we have (other than Jackson) is better suited as a SS.

EDIT: But I agree, there's no way we should be counting on Jackson to come back as half the player he was before he began getting suspended.  That would be an enormous failure of our FO.

Archived