Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Foxsports: Source, Teammates Bullied Martin

Destino

Even if Incognito is completely cleared of all "wrongdoing" in this case, I still can't stand him as a football player. He's dirty.

I also don't think that because he's being defended by other Dolphins players means he's somehow "innocent." That team is in full-on damage control mode.

Keep in mind that in the Peter King article, the ex-player who is coming forward does mention that Incognito will never be fully cleared due to "all his past transgressions" or something to that effect. Dude is dirty.

Well, he has a rap sheet.  No one is denying that he's a diry player and is definitely a bully.  I think the question is between the culture of the NFL -- should Martin have stand up for himself -- and Martin's soft stand. 

Whats up with Martin playing the voicemail and laughing with everyone about it?  Was that just some sort of facade thing when he was really hiding how he was feeling?   Makes me wonder how much of the harassment was behind closed doors where others couldn't see.  If true then Incognito is even more ****ed up than I think anyone realizes.  Guy sounds psychotic.  

Also, how do I become honorary black?  Joe, are you there?  Can you induct me into the Honorary Wing of the Black Man's Hall of Fame?  Joe?  Are you there?  Love you.

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver44m

I reported on @nflnetwork that the Incognito camp may release evidence detailing a mutually explosive back-and-forth communication w/Martin

Also, it came out today that Incognito had a police report filed against him 18 months ago for sexual harassment at a golf tournament.

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver44m

I reported on @nflnetwork that the Incognito camp may release evidence detailing a mutually explosive back-and-forth communication w/Martin

Also, it came out today that Incognito had a police report filed against him 18 months ago for sexual harassment at a golf tournament.

Just so we're clear on that last part. "Him" is Incognito and not Martin. Is that correct?

edit - I skimmed the article and thought it was another money grabber.  It wasn't, I am the idiot here.  Thank you Destino for slapping me and making me re-read it.  I have to learn to not open my mouth after half ass reading something, makes me look stupid. 

And it starts..........another victim comes out a year and half later against a professional athlete........not taking up for Incognito, but come on man. She knew who he was back then, it took 1.5 years for her to come forward and say something? Really, probably another groupie trying to get a paycheck so they can retire.

Again, dont like Incognito, but dont like whores trying to exploit after the fact either.

Police report is dated 05/18/2012. Article also notes that she couldn't comment because she's signed a confidentiality agreement. Did I miss something or did you not read the article and call a victim of Incognitos toughening up routine a whore for no reason?

Michael Silver@MikeSilver44m

That's the kind of guy I'd want on the leadership council. High character stuff right there.

Police report is dated 05/18/2012. Article also notes that she couldn't comment because she's signed a confidentiality agreement. Did I miss something or did you not read the article and call a victim of Incognitos toughening up routine a whore for no reason?

My bad, I missed the date of the police report and skimmed the article.  I never said that he wasn't a piece of trash.  Chalk my post up to drunkeness after a loss.  Someone needs to slap me lol.  I went to bed after I posted and I actually seem to remember reading about this last year and didn't put two and two together. I thought about editing it then once my head hit the pillow I was out.

I hate Incognito, personally I don't care if the guy ever plays again.  He's one of the dirtiest players in the game.  What I do find odd is the amount of support from former/current teammates.  Especially since there was a racial slur involved againt Martin multiple times.  Unless everyone was involved in the bullying in the locker room and are now scared of being drug into a lawsuit, it seems strange they would take up for Incognito like they have.  He got kicked off the team forever, I expected more shots at him to come out and more truth to back up Martin.  

That's not the case though.  I guess we will see how everything unfolds.  Like they said during halftime in last nights game, there are a lot of stories/talk coming out and very little evidence.  Granted, the VM and texts saved from Incognito should be enough.  Hopefully, justice will be served.  Not sure what the punishment is FL for bullying.

Did anyone else see the quote they included at the end of Martin's statement last night? They wouldn't say anything about it during the halftime show(plenty obvious why once you read the quote) but WOW, it is awfully vulgar.

And it doesn't mention that it was said by Incognito, so it seems more of the locker room was fully in on the bullying. Ugh. The fact that stuff like that happens is disgusting. The players should be embarrassed.

Regardless how Martin's reputation will wash in all of this, I think we're seeing a situation where all of Incognito's past is catching up with him.

Bullying Martin may not be ultimately viewed as something he should be so damned for (although I think he should be), but this is the straw that broke the camel's back. Dude's dirty and needs to go.

Pardon my schadenfreude.   :P

As much hatred as I have accumulated towards Incognito over the years, I can't help but feel a bit sorry for him. As a person of mixed race myself, I find the term half "n-word" ridiculously funny. Maybe it just me, but I think "n-word" just might be the funniest word ever invented. People need to get over the use of the word and stop destroying careers over its use, especially when its used in a joking manner as it seems to be in this case.

Whats up with Martin playing the voicemail and laughing with everyone about it?  Was that just some sort of facade thing when he was really hiding how he was feeling?   Makes me wonder how much of the harassment was behind closed doors where others couldn't see.  If true then Incognito is even more ****ed up than I think anyone realizes.  Guy sounds psychotic.  

We might be throwing the word "bullied" around too freely....but when you are bullied, one of the easiest ways to try to turn down the temperature is to pretend to be going along with it. I'm sure a lot of nerdy nerds like me have used the "It's okay....These guys are my friends" line when an adult authority figure walked in on a bullying session.

Isn't she kinda of breaking the confidentiality agreement by saying the incident even happened?

This was at a 2012 charity golf tournament sponsored by the Miami Dolphins. The victim was a 34-year old woman volunteering at the tournament:

Incognito “used his golf club to touch the [volunteer] by rubbing it up against her vagina, then up her stomach, then to her chest. He then used the club to knock a pair of sunglasses off the top of her head. After that, he proceeded to lean up against her buttocks with his private parts as if dancing, saying, ‘Let it rain, let it rain!’ ” Incognito was drinking at the time, according to the victim.

Incognito finished his performance by emptying bottles of water in her face. The victim notified her supervisor of the incident, and the supervisor notified Dolphins security, which advised it would take care of the situation, according to police.  Nat Moore, a fomer Dolphin, heard about the incident and apologized to the woman, but Incognito thought it was all fun and games.

http://www.local10.com/blob/view/-/22861118/data/1/-/swp3j9/-/Redacted-Aventura-police-report-pdf.pdf

Isn't she kinda of breaking the confidentiality agreement by saying the incident even happened?

The press got a copy of the police report and released details.  She hasn't said anything.

The police report is public record.  What she is saying though is that she was more than likely paid off because why else would should have signed a confidentiality agreement?  

what fans need to realize is that NFL players are sociopaths. They are not normal.

i would categorize that with the higher level ultra competitive athletes (Jordan, Kobe, etc)  and generally anyone in the real world who's high up on the ladder in any corporation. In certain professions, you are almost guaranteed to find sociopaths. Athletes think differently, I will give you that, but the ones that "Separate" themselves, generally are more prone to that kind of behavior. They are like that in every facet of their lives.

There are plenty of people though who are hyper competitive, but generally, they know where to draw the line. So I wouldn't group them all together as sociopaths.

Yeah, Incognito even has texts from Martin after he left the team and the story blew up.

One of them Martin sent after leaving to Incognito personally:

"Yeah I'm good man. It's insane bro but just know I don't blame you guys at all it's just the culture around football and the locker room got to me a little."

Something really weird going on from Martin's end on this. Either he's trying to spin a false story or someone in his "camp" is trying to get paid or something...it's so strange.

Archived