Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

On 10/29/2017 at 10:40 AM, Bacon said:

For me the preferred method is handheld, but it's worth it to plug it into the TV to see the graphics they've cooked up. Not completely top of the line obviously, but Link and Mario have never looked better. 

There's this NYC-inspired world in Odyssey and when you first start playing it, there's all this rain pouring down and it's just gorgeous. 

Mario is amazing. Its literally everything right about all previous Mario games thrown into one game....balanced so well that you cant tell you never played Mario like this before. I literally haven't touched another game since I got it. Zelda is just as good. If Nintendo can find a way to get some of these gamers back it would be the most popular system, atleast for the short term. 

GameStop has 1 yr ps+ subs for $39.99 this week.

Probably see it slightly cheaper come BF but if you need to renew soon it's a good deal. 

Both in-store and online (digital code).

2 hours ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Just an FYI. Its buy 2 get 1 free week at Target. The sale includes pre-orders!!

Just picked up a 4k monitor. With the Xbox One X coming out next week gonna pick up Assassins Creed, COD and most likely Battlefront. 

You can also get 33.3% off (assuming all 3 are the same price) one game (or two) if you return some of them after purchase. 

Target prorates the cost of the games. 

Also don't forget your Target redcard to save an extra 5%. :)

18 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Mario is amazing. Its literally everything right about all previous Mario games thrown into one game....balanced so well that you cant tell you never played Mario like this before. I literally haven't touched another game since I got it. Zelda is just as good. If Nintendo can find a way to get some of these gamers back it would be the most popular system, atleast for the short term. 

They can.  It's called quit getting cute and just put out a system that offers the same level of performance and options as it's competitor while maintaining it's brand and exclusives.  No reason that in 2017 they can't have online/multiplayer equal to it's competitors, allow for easy storage like external hard drives, digital format/downloads to purchase games from, cloud storage, quit using flipping cartridges, etc.

I was against the whole tablet idea, because I don't want to play games on a tablet.  But, kids do, so I'm ok with that as you can dock it and play.  But because they do that, it drives the cost up.  I'm sorry, but there are about three games on there I'd even play right now and I just think the console is overpriced for what it offers.  I might end up getting one for my daughter later on (just got her a used Xbox One from a friend really cheap - $75) after I see what games they will have coming out and 3rd party games.

And that console, sports gaming is basically non-existent, which I play a lot of sports games, online multiplayer.  I owned every Nintendo console except the Wii U and now the Switch.  Switch is still a possibility (as mentioned above), but not right now.

Once Nintendo gives us a Smash Bros with actual, working servers that don't lag constantly, they'll be right back in the conversation.

Also, they need to have a lighter hand with motion controls and patch the save file transfer issues. 

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Once Nintendo gives us a Smash Bros with actual, working servers that don't lag constantly, they'll be right back in the conversation.

Also, they need to have a lighter hand with motion controls and patch the save file transfer issues. 

The way they did Mario was almost perfect. You can do everything without motion controls but there is added reason to use them due to some extra perks added in. 

25 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

They can.  It's called quit getting cute and just put out a system that offers the same level of performance and options as it's competitor while maintaining it's brand and exclusives.  No reason that in 2017 they can't have online/multiplayer equal to it's competitors, allow for easy storage like external hard drives, digital format/downloads to purchase games from, cloud storage, quit using flipping cartridges, etc.

I was against the whole tablet idea, because I don't want to play games on a tablet.  But, kids do, so I'm ok with that as you can dock it and play.  But because they do that, it drives the cost up.  I'm sorry, but there are about three games on there I'd even play right now and I just think the console is overpriced for what it offers.  I might end up getting one for my daughter later on (just got her a used Xbox One from a friend really cheap - $75) after I see what games they will have coming out and 3rd party games.

And that console, sports gaming is basically non-existent, which I play a lot of sports games, online multiplayer.  I owned every Nintendo console except the Wii U and now the Switch.  Switch is still a possibility (as mentioned above), but not right now.

I do agree that they need to step it up as far as performance. Hard to deny that they are lacking behind even past generations currently. But I also think part of their charm is how cute they get. It doesnt work for everyone but it sure as **** works for kids and thats a market for them. 

The switch is basically the Nintendo Wii in gameboy form and being honest thats exactly what I wanted. I wont play it all the time. But when the GF is binge watching GoT or whatever it is shes watching these days it becomes my best friend lol. 

All of the issues you bring up are valid, including there not being any games on it you like. I literally got this system because it had Disgaea 5 on it. Sounds silly, but a mobile version of that game was a dream come true for all these long car rides or long days at the office with jack **** to do. Its a very niche system but it fit me. I dont expect it will fit everyone  

50 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The way they did Mario was almost perfect. You can do everything without motion controls but there is added reason to use them due to some extra perks added in. 

I do agree that they need to step it up as far as performance. Hard to deny that they are lacking behind even past generations currently. But I also think part of their charm is how cute they get. It doesnt work for everyone but it sure as **** works for kids and thats a market for them. 

The switch is basically the Nintendo Wii in gameboy form and being honest thats exactly what I wanted. I wont play it all the time. But when the GF is binge watching GoT or whatever it is shes watching these days it becomes my best friend lol. 

All of the issues you bring up are valid, including there not being any games on it you like. I literally got this system because it had Disgaea 5 on it. Sounds silly, but a mobile version of that game was a dream come true for all these long car rides or long days at the office with jack **** to do. Its a very niche system but it fit me. I dont expect it will fit everyone  

I love the Mario games.  I'd love to see them come out and make some new versions of some classic games, exclusive games and not just one or two, but tons of them.  There isn't any real reason they can't either, which is what bothers me. 

Bring back Diddy Kong Racing, that **** was fun as hell.  Make another version of San Francisco Rush (racing game where you had to find the hidden keys, shortcuts etc.).   Maybe a new Metroid series where it's like Fallout, with a world to explore in FPS format.  Tons of things they could do if they would step up into the online gaming world along with storage/digital downloads and still keep towards pleasing kids and us old timers that grew up with their consoles/games.

So much they could offer, but they choose not to.  That's whats so disappointing.  Imagine a new Golden Eye FPS game with online multiplayer, single player missions, etc.  

So much funs :o

Found out that with your bow equipped you can walk up to any open flame source (brazier, campfire, torch, etc) and light it. Used that on a Roman longship with 4 lion cages on deck, and got into an epic fight with basically a boss level dude, while the lions were attacking all the other dudes.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

So much funs :o

Found out that with your bow equipped you can walk up to any open flame source (brazier, campfire, torch, etc) and light it. Used that on a Roman longship with 4 lion cages on deck, and got into an epic fight with basically a boss level dude, while the lions were attacking all the other dudes.

I assume this is in reference to Assassins Creed: Origins. Can confirm- this game is awesome. Just arrived in Alexandria (pretty early in the game, level 12) and I can't get over how beautiful the game looks. The last play sessions have been me just wandering around for 45 minutes. 

18 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

I assume this is in reference to Assassins Creed: Origins. Can confirm- this game is awesome. Just arrived in Alexandria (pretty early in the game, level 12) and I can't get over how beautiful the game looks. The last play sessions have been me just wandering around for 45 minutes. 

Yeah I've been on the outskirts of Alexandria, exploring too. Was doing quests in the temple for the high priest guy before that. Reminds me of Witcher 3 in that it's damn near impossible to stick to the main storyline. Too much stuff to do.

Its also kind of funny when the Roman soldiers decide they want to throw down on horse back, when you have a spear lol

I was pretty much set on getting the X1X but was disappointed to know how many games would still be running at 30 FPS.

So I just ended up getting a PC instead. Money well spent. I've been playing The Witcher 3 and Ghost Recon Wildlands and it's amazing running games at high-ultra settings while consistently getting over 60 FPS+. 

6 hours ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Just an FYI. Its buy 2 get 1 free week at Target. The sale includes pre-orders!!

Just picked up a 4k monitor. With the Xbox One X coming out next week gonna pick up Assassins Creed, COD and most likely Battlefront. 

Interesting. Which 4k monitor did you get?

28 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I was pretty much set on getting the X1X but was disappointed to know how many games would still be running at 30 FPS.

So I just ended up getting a PC instead. Money well spent. I've been playing The Witcher 3 and Ghost Recon Wildlands and it's amazing running games at high-ultra settings while consistently getting over 60 FPS+. 

How much did you pay for your PC? 

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I actually am leaning towards selling my PS4 and getting a Switch.

Don't do that. The systems are complementary, not taking up the same real estate. You're not getting the same third party support from Nintendo, but you're not getting the same mobility from Sony. 

45 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

How much did you pay for your PC? 

I had started a PC building/gaming thread a while back, here is my build:  

PokerPacker hooked up the initial build and I tweaked a couple of things.  There is a link in that post to the build and it's showing it as $2226, but I only spent around $1700 back in August when I ordered everything.  Looks like I got lucky cause the vid card only cost me $730 when I ordered it and now its listed for $1300.  But mine is set-up where I'll be able to do VR if I want to and play games like Destiny at 4K with 60fps (once I get a 4K monitor - next step).

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Don't do that. The systems are complementary, not taking up the same real estate. You're not getting the same third party support from Nintendo, but you're not getting the same mobility from Sony. 

Well I also plan on building my own PC as well, so I figured PC will compliment the Switch.

Archived