Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Capitals 2013-14 Thread

Springfield

Just saw a Japersrink post that said our top 3 corsi-rel and corsi-on guys are: Johansson, Erskine and Carlson. Go figure

Erskine has lost a step, but Carlson has been bad for a couple of years now.  The two are not compatable.  Carlson was horrible last year and Erskine was able to bail him out... or at least spent a lot of time doing it.  This year Big John looks old and slow.

MoJoke is MoJoke for me.  One of the worst picks ever by this organization.

But I am glad there is a game tonight, too.  I found myself watching CH24 last night... oy

Erskine has to be traded or let go.  At this point he is at best a 6D.  He cannot be in the top 4 for a contender.  This is down the road, not right now.

Agreed.  I saw the Japer's Rink article and it also mentioned that 40% of Erskine's time on ice has been spent with Ovechkin, Backstrom and Johansson.  I'm willing to bet his possession numbers look waaaay different for the 60% of the time that he's not on the ice with with the top line.  

Regardless, I can't wait to see how the Caps look tonight.  Hopefully after 5 days off the breakouts improve as they now have 3 game tapes showing them what not to do. I'd like to take a look at Urbom tonight.  My expectations are low, but if he can simply be sound in his defensive zone he could push for Erskine's spot at 4D.

Agreed.  I saw the Japer's Rink article and it also mentioned that 40% of Erskine's time on ice has been spent with Ovechkin, Backstrom and Johansson.  I'm willing to bet his possession numbers look waaaay different for the 60% of the time that he's not on the ice with with the top line.  

Great point.

I hate these lines.  I was done with the Fehr center experiment after chicago. He's a winger. Also having Erat on the 4th line is so dumb. Even if the FO thinks Forsberg is going to bust, you don't trade him for a player and then play that player 8 mins a game with latta and wilson. In a recent interview, Erat said he hadn't asked for a trade...yet. GMGM has failed on the last two trades, and I believe the Grabo deal was more the work of Oates and Ovi and Grabo fell right into GMGM's lap.

In this game it's already evident that Laich should be a center (had a pretty pass that was right on the tape to the front of the net) and Fehr should be on the wing with a couple of good looking shots.

Johansson is so so terrible at finishing 

To be fair, he was too wide open and was on ice skates which is why he fell after barely getting a shot off. :D

In this game it's already evident that Laich should be a center (had a pretty pass that was right on the tape to the front of the net) and Fehr should be on the wing with a couple of good looking shots.

To be fair, he was too wide open and was on ice skates which is why he fell after barely getting a shot off. :D

LOL. He seems like a nice dude but damn, he looks so scared when he is in position to score. Like Carlos Rogers will a football coming towards him

Oates is looking like an idiot with these god awful lines.  Erat on the 4th?  Enough.  Johannson on the first?  Enough.  Fehr as a center?  Enough.  At least two of these three need to change by next outing.

I agree with changing the lines, but how about some of these guys finish an opportunity? On the 2nd line Brouwer and Laich have 0 points through 4 games now. They have a legit center on that line. Green missed a wide open chip from Latta. etc.

And Carlson was awful this game.

Archived