Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Capitals 2013-14 Thread

Springfield

Yeah, I loved Varly but one of the two had to go and it was Varly due to injuries and compensation.

That said, we drafted Forsberg with the pick... so essentially we traded Varlamov for Michael Latta and Martin Erat... which kind of feels dirty.

But yes, McPhee has to go.  I doubt Leonsis is going do anything.... but he is up against what could be an epic fall from grace for him this winter with the Nats sucking and the Redskins playing poorly.  This fan base is going into the season with no patience.

Neuvy sat WAY too deep in his crease last night. 2 of the goals should have had zero chance of going in. 1 is on John Carlson directly. To the point Neuvy turned around and looked at him. Green and Alzner are fine. Anyone and Carlson are playing with one hand tied behind their back. Oleksey and Schmidt looked ok. Schmidt has a HEAVY shot from the point. If he sticks he will provide some scoring and create juicy rebound for all that net traffic to pick up. Oh wait, we have no grinders willing to crash the crease except Ovie and Wilson. Yes, our superstar has more dirty goals this year than anyone else. Brouwer can talk about effort all he wants while trying to dipsey doo through the entire team while his line mates are skating free. 1st line and 3rd line are the only lines that generate ANY offense. We need to shake up the lines. You can talk about MoJo being good on the puck all night. Erat needs to be the 1st line LW. He will shoot when left all alone in the slot. He will finish layups. Laich to 3C. Fehr to 2LW. MoJo to healthy scratch.

10-19-8

16-84-20

25-21-42

83-46-43

52-27

34-81

88-61

What do you guys think of the way Tom Wilson is playing so far? I love the hitting, energy, seems to be getting good chances at the net but I can't speak to his defensive assignments.

In the mean time, Matty P added a couple more assists last game.

MoJo to healthy scratch.

There is no reason MoJo should sit. Let him center the 3rd or 4th line. He is a good player and still only 22. He's just not a 1st line player.

Practice cancelled today in favor of a "team meeting".

Awesome... 5 games into the season.

What do you guys think of the way Tom Wilson is playing so far? I love the hitting, energy, seems to be getting good chances at the net but I can't speak to his defensive assignments.

In the mean time, Matty P added a couple more assists last game.

There is no reason MoJo should sit. Let him center the 3rd or 4th line. He is a good player and still only 22. He's just not a 1st line player.

Wilson has no business in the NHL right now.  He can obviously handle it, but he needs to be down in the AHL or OHL playing top line hockey.

I was a HUGE Matty P fan.  Not sure why everyone was so "ho hum" when he was traded.  Frenchy made **** happen.

Practice cancelled today in favor of a "team meeting".

Awesome... 5 games into the season.

Wilson has no business in the NHL right now.  He can obviously handle it, but he needs to be down in the AHL or OHL playing top line hockey.

I was a HUGE Matty P fan.  Not sure why everyone was so "ho hum" when he was traded.  Frenchy made **** happen.

Isn't the problem that Wilson can't be in the ahl this year cause of age or something? I thought that's what others said.

Isn't the problem that Wilson can't be in the ahl this year cause of age or something? I thought that's what others said.

He can play in the OHL, though.  I believe he'd be able to report to Hershey next spring. 

I wanted him up all summer and you guys convinced me that top 6 forwards aren't groomed on the 4th line in the NHL, lol.

Perrault was arguably the best playmaker the last month of the season last year.  Facilitator-wise anyway.

Tom Wilson is different from your usual top-6 forward in that he's such a physical player. A guy like, say, Galiev would be wasted on the 4th line and would not gain much of anything from a development standpoint there, but Tom Wilson has a lot he can pick up on the 4th line, even though it may not be ideal. I think he'd do a lot worse development-wise in the OHL because he's so much bigger and stronger than the other players in juniors that he'd pick up bad habits by accustoming himself to playing against people much smaller than himself. Most top-6 players would do better playing on the top line in the juniors than the 4th line in the NHL, but I think Wilson is an exception who should follow more in Lucic's path.

Archived