Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Capitals 2013-14 Thread

Springfield

I'm honestly not sure why more teams don't use the diamond PK against us.  The Rags have done fairly well with us.

Even though Hersh had it right... Wardo has to dunk that alley-oop.  He's looked shaky all day.

Maybe he has diarhea?

It's nice to have a willing fighter again.

Surprised Oleksy didn't go after his was suplexed there with about 5 mins left.

These lines are giving me heartburn. Our worst LW is on the 1st line, our best LW is on the fourth. Joel Ward on the PP? I know he scored against the oilers, but sheesh with all the PP talent on this team we do a little better than ward.

I won't disagree about the lines.

Wardo is on the 2nd PP unit.  Don't expect that first line to be out there for a full 4 minutes.  That first line came off after the 5 on 3 expired.

I agree with the announcers that Laich is skating better for sure, but nothing from the 2nd and 3rd lines in general. I like the energy and hitting from the 4th line and the 1st line is the only one really generating anything offensively.

I'm still waiting for Fehr's breakout season to begin and Brouwer is a no show.

Alright, since the Caps are sucking at the moment, I have a jersey related question.

I'm gonna order up my Hershey Bears sweater and I'm gonna have my name put on it. I was debating whether to put my last name on it which is Hershey or to put my first name on it since Hershey is across the front already. What do you guys think?

Because he has a tendancy to do so vs this team.

Shutout. Ugh.

Yep.

This Caps team is bad, though, brother.  Poorly constructed for a championship run and poorly coached with the current lines.

MoJoke is NOT a top line guy.

Wilson should be in the OHL developing to be a top 6 center.

Frenchy should've never been traded.

We suck 5 on 5 and Ovi can't do it all himself.

But I digress.

Great game by Holtby to hold the Rags to 2.  I mean, great game by Holtby.  This one could've gotten ugly.

I understand a coach needs to be steady and not show panic, but it's time to change the lines and some of them radically. 

Laich, Backstrom, Ovi

Erat, Grabovski, Wilson

Brouwer, MoJo, Ward

Fehr, Beagle, Chimera

It's ridiculous that Erat only got 6 minutes of ice time.

I know people will think I'm crazy for giving Wilson some big minutes, but this is more of a message to the vets that aren't doing anything.

Yep.

This Caps team is bad, though, brother.  Poorly constructed for a championship run and poorly coached with the current lines.

MoJoke is NOT a top line guy.

Wilson should be in the OHL developing to be a top 6 center.

Frenchy should've never been traded.

We suck 5 on 5 and Ovi can't do it all himself.

But I digress.

Great game by Holtby to hold the Rags to 2.  I mean, great game by Holtby.  This one could've gotten ugly.

I understand a coach needs to be steady and not show panic, but it's time to change the lines and some of them radically. 

Laich, Backstrom, Ovi

Erat, Grabovski, Wilson

Brouwer, MoJo, Ward

Fehr, Beagle, Chimera

I know people will think I'm crazy for giving Wilson some big minutes, but this is more of a message to the vets that aren't doing anything.

Could not agree more. The lines are a real head scratcher. I'm not sure why Oates does this. Like early last season when he had the Ovi-Beagle-Crab line. Defies logic.

Laich, Backstrom, Ovi

Erat, Grabovski, Wilson

Brouwer, MoJo, Ward

Fehr, Beagle, Chimera

Laich on the top line, not a good idea.  Erat or Fehr needs to play alongside 8 and 19.  Laich needs to help form a defensive third line.

That 2nd period was flat out embarrassing, this team plays so lazy. Nobody moving their feet and zero anticipation on where the puck is going. Mike Green drives me crazy, he is so good on offense but he is so dang lazy and makes so many boneheaded plays in the def zone. We are a joke when playing 5 on 5 right now. We have like 2 players that have good puck possession Backstrom and Erat. This team is mentally weak, it is like they almost give up when they can't score on the power play.

This owner is a joke, he won't fire a GM that has done nothing to make this team better or a contender. If they play like this the whole season and miss the playoffs I can see a lot of season ticket holders bailing.

Laich is skating better than Fehr after a slow start this season.

But he's not a shooter.  You have Backstrom dishing out, you gotta have a guy who is a pure shooter. 

That 2nd period was flat out embarrassing, this team plays so lazy. Nobody moving their feet and zero anticipation on where the puck is going. Mike Green drives me crazy, he is so good on offense but he is so dang lazy and makes so many boneheaded plays in the def zone. We are a joke when playing 5 on 5 right now. We have like 2 players that have good puck possession Backstrom and Erat. This team is mentally weak, it is like they almost give up when they can't score on the power play.

This owner is a joke, he won't fire a GM that has done nothing to make this team better or a contender. If they play like this the whole season and miss the playoffs I can see a lot of season ticket holders bailing.

Maybe that's what needs to happen.  Leonsis is a loser.  A complete loser who doesn't understand sports.

I'll give you guys 1 guess what defenseman was responsible for Callahan on his goal?

And who was also on the ice for the 1st goal?

Carlson looks like he's sleep walking out there.  He seems to look like trash at the beginning of every season before he realizes he needs to get it together.  

Like everyone else, I feel like these lines are setup to minimize everyones contribution.  You have a great shooting center on the second line with no one to feed him the puck and a great passing winger on the 4th line getting no minutes with no one to pass the puck to.  It ain't rocket surgery. How many times do we have to see Grabovski feed the puck to Laich or Brouwer on a zone entry only to see them lose the puck and turn it over before the 2nd line gets a bit more skill?

It's maddening watching the team consistently put players out there to do a job that they should, theoretically, do poorly.

John Carlson is ridiculously overrated. 

In addition, the lines are killing me.  If you know Ovechkin is the ONLY guy who will shoot on his line, what good are you doing him?  Please shake up the lines and get MoJo elsewhere. 

At least for one game, I'd like to see this:

10-19-8

90-84-43

21-16-20

25-46-42

Archived