Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Capitals 2013-14 Thread

Springfield

Could've easily be 7 goals scored by the Jets by now.

But Hersh, to me it's all about exiting our zone and entering their zone.  That's where all of our ****ty play takes place.

This is also the third team this year that's used the diamond PK against the 1-3-1 power play we run.

Need some adjustments there.  I like putting 10 in there in Nicky's spot because he'll actually shoot it.  But maybe a formation wrinkle?

I think Nick is going to start shooting it more from that spot as well. He had a couple of good shots from there tonight.

As far as the exiting of our own zone, I'll watch for it more next game. Whatever the case is, way to many odd man or 1 on 0 chances.

I think Nick is going to start shooting it more from that spot as well. He had a couple of good shots from there tonight.

As far as the exiting of our own zone, I'll watch for it more next game. Whatever the case is, way to many odd man or 1 on 0 chances.

The start was much better tonight.  We spent the first five minutes or so in their zone instead of our own.

The defense Oates wants to run is basically cycling in their zone (like any coach) but then he wants to force the opponents to be filtered to the middle.  I'm more of a sideboard guy, but whatever.  I think our defenders can do sideboard defense because it's easier, but McPhee wants a system that doesn't get Greeny hit.  They may need to have a sitdown about that.

But exiting has been the issue forever.  Calrson-Erskine were almost garunteed to fail 50% of the time last year.  Separating he and Erskine was a good move.

But I'd work on exiting and then coaching Oleksy up about pinching so low.  Twice in regulation he was way too low and then in OT he was behind the net for about 8 seconds, lol.  No dice.

I can tell they've been working with MoJo.  He needs to keep up what he's doing.  Sometimes it's a confidence thing but I was happy to see him shooting the puck tonight.

what in da hell just happened?

Yeah that was a great game bro.  Points are points at this time of year.  The beauty of that is we can still work on some stuff and personnel.

One more thing though (before I go to bed) --- Wilson needs to be more than a goon.  This is a 1st round draft pick for crying out loud.

The start was much better tonight.  We spent the first five minutes or so in their zone instead of our own.

The defense Oates wants to run is basically cycling in their zone (like any coach) but then he wants to force the opponents to be filtered to the middle.  I'm more of a sideboard guy, but whatever.  I think our defenders can do sideboard defense because it's easier, but McPhee wants a system that doesn't get Greeny hit.  They may need to have a sitdown about that.

But exiting has been the issue forever.  Calrson-Erskine were almost garunteed to fail 50% of the time last year.  Separating he and Erskine was a good move.

But I'd work on exiting and then coaching Oleksy up about pinching so low.  Twice in regulation he was way too low and then in OT he was behind the net for about 8 seconds, lol.  No dice.

I can tell they've been working with MoJo.  He needs to keep up what he's doing.  Sometimes it's a confidence thing but I was happy to see him shooting the puck tonight.

That's some good insight. Learned something tonight.

What a game...

A pathetic game.  I'm glad Green was benched for OT along with Erskine.  Send a message.  He should be benched a game if he ever plays like that again.  This defense is EMBARRASSING.  Tell me, how can Dmitry Orlov not be good enough to crack this defense when he is healthy from that concussion?  Seriously?  There will have to be a trade by the deadline because as constructed, there is ZERO chance of a championship with this roster. 

A pathetic game.  I'm glad Green was benched for OT along with Erskine.  Send a message.  He should be benched a game if he ever plays like that again.  This defense is EMBARRASSING.  Tell me, how can Dmitry Orlov not be good enough to crack this defense when he is healthy from that concussion?  Seriously?  There will have to be a trade by the deadline because as constructed, there is ZERO chance of a championship with this roster. 

You have to keep Green for his goal streaks.  We all hate his defense, but we love him when he's "Game Over".

Orlov looked great when he came up a couple of years ago during the playoffs... he looked like wet poop in the pre-season... where just about everyone looked great.  I don't know.  I would've called him up long ago, though...

I can't remember a worse played game defensively from the Caps.  I'm glad we got the win, but jeez....

I hope GMGM realizes that we have a once-in-a-generation type of talent on the roster and we are completely wasting his years by fielding an incompetent team around him (for the most part).  Say what you want about Ray Shero, but he is ALWAYS trying to make his team better.  GMGM needs to do something bold to bolster the defense.  I'm talking about dangling either Mike Green, John Carlson, or assets to get a legit top-4 in there to help out.  A patchwork defense will not do the job. 

I can't remember a worse played game defensively from the Caps.  I'm glad we got the win, but jeez....

I hope GMGM realizes that we have a once-in-a-generation type of talent on the roster and we are completely wasting his years by fielding an incompetent team around him (for the most part).  Say what you want about Ray Shero, but he is ALWAYS trying to make his team better.  GMGM needs to do something bold to bolster the defense.  I'm talking about dangling either Mike Green, John Carlson, or assets to get a legit top-4 in there to help out.  A patchwork defense will not do the job. 

You don't trade Mike Green for a top 4 D. The only way you trade Mike Green is for a shut down defender and a pick. There are only 3 players in the NHL on the level of Mike Green.

You don't trade Mike Green for a top 4 D. The only way you trade Mike Green is for a shut down defender and a pick. There are only 3 players in the NHL on the level of Mike Green.

I meant top-4, but in the shutdown mold. 

Who are the other 3 players?

Karlsson

Subban

?

Probably having a brain fart, but I can't think of the 3rd player. 

Archived