Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Capitals 2013-14 Thread

Springfield

Speaking of former Caps, Hurricanes analyst and ex-player Jeff O'Neill basically calls Alex Semin a lazy overpaid scrub:

And don’t even get O’Neill started on Alexander Semin, whose contract he finds “disgusting” and suspects will go down for former GM Jim Rutherford as “the biggest mistake he’s ever made.”

Semin is inked through 2018 on a five-year deal that pays him $7 million annually.

“I like him for five-minute segments, but when the going gets tough, he just doesn’t compete,” said O’Neill, who known for both his colorful personality and unapologetic opinions. “If he had any work ethic or intangibles, he’d be better than [Alexander] Ovechkin. He’s that talented.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/32224/can-ron-francis-change-culture-in-Carolina

Most of us already know this, but I laugh when I read it because a couple years ago a bunch of Caps apologists were ready to cut Matt Bradley's balls off for saying the exact same thing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Alright my hockey brothers, I am proud to say that I had my first lesson as a goalie today. Holy crap am I going to be sore but it was awesome and completely exhausting. I have until Feb. 22nd to be ready for my first game at the lowest level possible.

Alright my hockey brothers, I am proud to say that I had my first lesson as a goalie today. Holy crap am I going to be sore but it was awesome and completely exhausting. I have until Feb. 22nd to be ready for my first game at the lowest level possible.

Goaltender is a surprisingly exhausting position to play. Unlike Forward or Defense, you're on the ice the whole game, and just holding your glove up in the air can be tiring (doesn't help that when I played, I was playing with old NHL equipment which means it was both outdated thus heavier than today's equipment and meant for people larger than my 5'5" frame). You probably won't pump battery acid into your muscles like when you skate out, but you I'll be damned if playing Goal doesn't drain your overall energy more.

Goalies are ****ing crazy. You, my friend, are a certified loon.

Goaltender is a surprisingly exhausting position to play. Unlike Forward or Defense, you're on the ice the whole game, and just holding your glove up in the air can be tiring (doesn't help that when I played, I was playing with old NHL equipment which means it was both outdated thus heavier than today's equipment and meant for people larger than my 5'5" frame). You probably won't pump battery acid into your muscles like when you skate out, but you I'll be damned if playing Goal doesn't drain your overall energy more.

Goalies are ****ing crazy. You, my friend, are a certified loon.

To this years thread.

Archived