Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Capitals 2013-14 Thread

Springfield

I am not talking about 7 games played this season.

Holtby is the same goalie he was last year.

What was wrong with Holtby last year? He had a .920 save % despite a very slow start to the season and was tied for 2nd in wins by 1 despite playing 5 or more FEWER games than the leaders.

Defense and goal tending win championships.

The teams issues are solely on the defense and goal tending.

A 7 game sampling isn't enough to tell how well this team will play offensively.

A 7 game sampling is enough to see this team defensively is the same as it's been under this "core" of players.

You are nuts, this team gets dominated 5-on-5.  You will not win a Stanley Cup scoring 2 goals a game.  Offense is a huge issue.  Unfortunately so is defense.

What was wrong with Holtby last year? He had a .920 save % despite a very slow start to the season and was tied for 2nd in wins by 1 despite playing 5 or more FEWER games than the leaders.

Not a playoff caliber goalie.

You are nuts, this team gets dominated 5-on-5.  You will not win a Stanley Cup scoring 2 goals a game.  Offense is a huge issue.  Unfortunately so is defense.

You don't know anything about the offensive makeup of this team after 7 games.  It's "nuts" to even have a discussion of the team 7 games in.

What is true is the team as assembled defensively cannot contend.  And not speaking on 7 games.

As I posted earlier, this team will get it's offensive groove going and compete with the best of them.

.931 save % and a 2.04 goals against with 1 shutout in 21 playoff games is somehow not playoff caliber?

By comparison stanley cup champ corey crawford has a .924% and 2.04 ga with 2 shutouts in 37 games

.931 save % and a 2.04 goals against with 1 shutout in 21 playoff games is somehow not playoff caliber?

By comparison stanley cup champ corey crawford has a .924% and 2.04 ga with 2 shutouts in 37 games

pffft!!!

Keep your damn stats and facts away from the truth!!!

;)

I am surprised his numbers are that good, I guess it's the bad memory of last playoff game when he got torched for 5 goals, he also had some 4 goal games in that series.

I guess we will see, I am just not a fan of our defense/goalie.  While Holtby seems to stop some great shots, he allows some really weak shots to trickle in.

Don't forget, Holtby has only played a season's worth of regular season games. While that means he still has to establish himself as a legit number one over the course of a long season, it also means that he should continue to get better if his work ethic is worth anything.

In 21 playoff games, he's given up 4 goals 3 times and 5 goals once. That's it. To me, that's pretty darn good considering the defensive short comings this team has had at times.

As far as tonight goes it's much better through two periods offensively. Laich and Erat look good on the second line. If Brouwer decides to show up this season, it could be a solid second line. Otherwise, there might be another switch at some point.

Fehr is completely non-existent on this team right now. I'd rather see Beagle center that 4th line.

Defensively Holtby has saved the defense a couple of times.

You don't know anything about the offensive makeup of this team after 7 games.  It's "nuts" to even have a discussion of the team 7 games in.

What is true is the team as assembled defensively cannot contend.  And not speaking on 7 games.

As I posted earlier, this team will get it's offensive groove going and compete with the best of them.

If Oates had maintained the lines the way they were through the first 7 games the offense would've struggled all season.  Doesn't take 40 games to see that.  They will get into a better groove now because the lines are moderately improved although still not right.  Johansson has no business on a top line.  Fehr on the 4th while Chimera gets 3rd line minutes is absurd since he really brings nothing at this point except a bit of grit.

As far as tonight goes it's much better through two periods offensively. Laich and Erat look good on the second line. If Brouwer decides to show up this season, it could be a solid second line. Otherwise, there might be another switch at some point.

Fehr is completely non-existent on this team right now. I'd rather see Beagle center that 4th line.

Defensively Holtby has saved the defense a couple of times.

Because Fehr should be on the wing, I don't know why Oates insists on using him as a center.

MoJo's stats according to DC9 so far?

Well I'm glad you asked... 2 turnovers and one missed WIDE open net.  I'm also charging him with the ole' Adam Oates pet-peeve of one count of looking to pass from the slot and "not playing hockey".

I get the feeling he's on a short leash.

3rd line is humming. 

I've never seen a team play us that way when they are on the PK... had a dude stand right in front of Ovi and dare the other side of the PP to make  it work...

Wow... that was impressive hand-eye by Mojo but it was too high.

Fantastic zone time by that 3rd line.  Good gracious and what a blue collar goal!

Archived