Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Which Non-Division Game Are You Looking Forward To The Most?

Most intriguing non-division game  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Which non-division game are you looking forward to the most?

• Skins vs Packers
    • Skins vs Lions
    • Skins vs Raiders
    • Skins vs Bears
    • Skins vs Broncos
    • Skins vs Chargers
    • Skins vs Vikings
    • Skins vs 49ers
    • Skins vs Chiefs
    • Skins vs Falcons
    • None of them...only care about division games

I picked the Lions. It's only because during our darkest hours we kept losing to them. For my peace of mind we need to put the hurt on them. No close game - a real blowout please. Then I can erase another of the Vinny scars from my memory.

You must of had a flashback of a certain streak being broken.  I try to erase it too but it comes back to haunt my memory.  Yes, the Lions need a severe beatdown but for the poll I picked the 9ers.

it's not simply the winning...which must be hard to get as a Yankees fan because mostly they assume the hatred is directed at them for winning, so i can see the confusion.  it's the how's, & the why's, & the when's.

i was liking the Rams, they beat the Rams every time we played, i was a kid...when i wanted them to lose a game so the Rams had a better shot at winning the division or playoffs, they kept winning...many times when they had no business doing so, & then they celebrated like the U........then to top it off....living in LA they assumed if you weren't a Raiders fan...you were a 9ers fan.....so they were on every weekend, people talked about them like they belonged to LA, & the fans......ohhhhhhh the fans.  only reason i hate the Cowpukes more besides direct history is their fans are THAT much worse & NOBODY is more fairweather than Dalla$$ fans & you see it more so in LA than anywhere.  all the faux-fans coming out of the wood-work when those teams (Dal & SF) even remotely look dangerous.  i swear...two years ago i knew like 4 SF fans personally & now my workplace is LOADED with them?!?!?!

anywho....so when i say that when they won, it was always like pouring salt in a wound....it was.  i was a little kid that rooted for my teams with immense passion & obsessed over football & the 9ers not only managed to crush every dream the Rams ever had.......but then they went & did it 3 times vs. my 'Skins & i just could never bear it.....especially when everyone around me would rub it in at every single opportunity........ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE FAIR-WEATHER FANS!!!

it's like the people i know who just became Ravens & Seahawks fans all of a sudden...like this year.  really?  

that's probably the biggest reason for me not liking teams...& you might ask living in LA, why don't i hate the Raiders then (or maybe you weren't, but i'll answer anyways)..........because despite their reputation, most of them (at least in LA) really aren't that bad.  they're just passionate fans that want respect like any other fan base i suppose, it's just those losers in Oakland, & specifically in the Black-Hole that give them such a bad rep.  

from what i've heard, Seahawks fans (& Sounders fans for that matter) are much worse....& while everyone talks about the Raiders fans...SF are definitely so.  we used to see people get thrown over empty seats by SF fans before they finally got kicked out...every game.  one of the reasons my parents stopped wanting me to go to those games after a while....especially the MNF ones.  

so unless i misread your response & yours was in no way directed specifically at me, i have to say that hating a team simply for "winning all the time" as you put it, is most certainly asinine....but as i won't further presume to know any more back-story to why you root for the Yankees (above comment aside), please let's try to not force a descriptive essay as to why someone likes or dislikes a certain team.  take it for what it is & assume that nobody with a life REALLY wants to explain everything they like/dislike & so forth on the innernets.  

that is all.

Now, the fan thing I understand. I may hate all of my rivals' fans more than the actual team lol.

I see where you're coming from and yes, as a Yankees fan, I'm "sensitive" to being feeling that type of way. No harm done.

Broncos. i listen to local radio here everyday, and for some reason, the Skins are the least of their worries out of nfc east opponents. they keep talking about Romo sits to pee, Eli, and chip krlly's offense. no respect for the team that won the division last year. i want Robert to come into mile high and destroy them.

and it jist soxhappens that tje only nfc east team von miller will play against idls Washington, so theyre not worried about griffin running.

I live in San Diego and was going to make this the first game my 5yo son ever attended.  Then the schedule showed it was not being played in San Diego.  I was so bummed.  Anyway, it should be a relatively easy game and I can wear my jersey at work that week.  It will be fun.

I live in San Diego and was going to make this the first game my 5yo son ever attended.  Then the schedule showed it was not being played in San Diego.  I was so bummed.  Anyway, it should be a relatively easy game and I can wear my jersey at work that week.  It will be fun.

yeah...being in LA i was REALLY hoping we would get that game on the road.  oh well.  what's worse is that the Raiders game is the only one on the West Coast.  really don't want to go to that one...lol.  still tossing the idea around in my head.  my biggest concern now is that we blow them out.......bad fans are at their world-class level s***ttiest when they get blown out.

49ers, they're the only team on that list that I'd say right now we'd have less than a 50% shot of winning just cause they're so deep and good across the board. Should be an excellent gauge to see if we really can hang with the class of the NFC. 

People shouldn't sleep on ATL either. We didn't exactly look very pretty against them last season. 

Not worried about denver, they're a juggernaut regular season team that sans Manning doesn't 'believe' in themselves yet IMO. No decent running game either. Will be interesting to see how long it takes Von Miller to shape up as well.

Oh and Megatron vs. our secondary should be high comedy. 

I'm amazed we aren't playing the Bucs or Rams in the regular season this year. Seems like we play them every year. Sometimes twice.

Anyway, I'm gonna say the Broncos, cause my boss is a huge fan and I'm looking forward to talking some ****.

49ers, they're the only team on that list that I'd say right now we'd have less than a 50% shot of winning just cause they're so deep and good across the board. Should be an excellent gauge to see if we really can hang with the class of the NFC. 

People shouldn't sleep on ATL either. We didn't exactly look very pretty against them last season. 

Not worried about denver, they're a juggernaut regular season team that sans Manning doesn't 'believe' in themselves yet IMO. No decent running game either. Will be interesting to see how long it takes Von Miller to shape up as well.

Oh and Megatron vs. our secondary should be high comedy. 

It won't matter if Stafford spends most of the game running for his life

:lol: Sadly, we're the only two in this thread that will get that reference to the 'excitable' Norwegian. 

MASSIVE props for remembering the fella's name ha ha.

Hail. 

Nah, I can't accept them props. I just googled "Maggie Thatcher hell of a beating" and there he was. B).

Broncos, for the following reasons:

1) It'll probably be the best offense we face this year, I want to see our D step up and shut them down.

2) Mike Shanahan's return to Denver with the new Elway (courtesy of Sports Illustrated) to face off against Elway and Manning.

3) Probably the second best defense we'll face. A good test for our offense.

4) Might be a Super Bowl preview.

The Bears, they've got some defensive young talent mixed with some aging talent.  They're still a big test and are the best Tampa 2 team in the league.  It's a prequel to the type of defense the Cowboys are running this season.

They're still a solid team, it'll be a good game, I feel it's winnable and it'll help us before we play the Cowboys twice.

Count me among those who HATE the 49ers.  I hate em.  I HATE EM!!!

I particularly hate em for 3 reasons: 

1. 1.When we were both top contenders, it was neck & neck for which team would be considered the 'team of the 80s', then they got that 4th one and our accomplishments got ignored.
  2. 2.No doubt that they were a top team, but they got to beat up on the LOUSY NFC West every year: a guaranteed 4-6 easy Wins each season.  We had to run the NFC East gauntlet every ****ing year just to get into the playoffs!!!  They had it so easy.
  3. 3.They always managed to avoid us when we're strong.  My lone regret from '91 is that we were robbed of the opportunity to beat the ****ing ****  outta those assholes en route to hoisting The Lombardi.  I'm still pissed about it.

And nowadays, everyone is kissing their ass AGAIN!!!  It's too much......AND they have that (overrated) asshole coaching them, which makes it that much worse.  Harbaugh didn't build that team, he inherited it and gets all the credit.  Hell, I hope we hang 50 on those ****s & shut em out!

That's why I don't like the 9ers.....they've got a loooooooong overdue ass-whuppin coming.

Here's a question... why do we play Oakland away and Kansas City at home this year?  In 2009, when we last played the AFCW, we played Oakland on the road and KC at home.  Shouldn't that alternate?  Im thinking Oakland should be home and Kansas City should be away, just like Denver and San Diego alternated from 2009.  Am I not thinking right here or is this weird?

Here's a question... why do we play Oakland away and Kansas City at home this year? In 2009, when we last played the AFCW, we played Oakland on the road and KC at home. Shouldn't that alternate? Im thinking Oakland should be home and Kansas City should be away, just like Denver and San Diego alternated from 2009. Am I not thinking right here or is this weird?

NFL changed it so that you don't play 2 road games in California. We would be playing in Denver and KC while two other teams in our division would play at Oak and SD. They did that for all teams and just didn't pick on us if you were wondering.

Archived