Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Which Non-Division Game Are You Looking Forward To The Most?

Most intriguing non-division game  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Which non-division game are you looking forward to the most?

• Skins vs Packers
    • Skins vs Lions
    • Skins vs Raiders
    • Skins vs Bears
    • Skins vs Broncos
    • Skins vs Chargers
    • Skins vs Vikings
    • Skins vs 49ers
    • Skins vs Chiefs
    • Skins vs Falcons
    • None of them...only care about division games

It's interesting to me in all these similar recent threads the amount of folk that absolutely hate San Francisco. 

Maybe I was young and missed something but growing up in the '80's with our shared dominance I really respected them as a rival and always thought under DeBartelo they where a real classy franchise that always did things the right way. 

Shrugs, maybe I'm wrong. Interesting, to me at least, to note the absolute revulsion from the vast majority toward them though. 

Hail. 

It's interesting to me in all these similar recent threads the amount of folk that absolutely hate San Francisco. 

Maybe I was young and missed something but growing up in the '80's with our shared dominance I really respected them as a rival and always thought under DeBartelo they where a real classy franchise that always did things the right way. 

Shrugs, maybe I'm wrong. Interesting, to me at least, to note the absolute revulsion from the vast majority toward them though. 

Hail. 

Growing up I hated the Montana 49er teams more and any other NFC east team, they always won, and in '90 and '92 they eliminated us in the playoffs, the '92 game stood out more because we were just as good as they were, they made a ton of mental errors and mistakes and we bailed them out that game, so I was always glad with the Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys beat em, cause I'd seen us beat our divisional rivals, but never SF, I was too young to remember the '83 title game. I was psyched when we beat them in '99 even though they were a fraction of what they once were..

I will probably always take pleasure when we defeat them..

I almost picked the Raiders because I wants us to beat them the most, but the game I'm most looking forward to is the 49ers.

They will probably be our strongest opponent and it's MNF. It should be fascinating to see how each defense gameplans to stop the RO. I'm sure some other DCs will be watching with interest.

I almost picked the Raiders because I wants us to beat them the most, but the game I'm most looking forward to is the 49ers.

They will probably be our strongest opponent and it's MNF. It should be fascinating to see how each defense gameplans to stop the RO. I'm sure some other DCs will be watching with interest.

Further to my earlier post that puts my thinking on this better. 

The Raiders I just hate. (One day I WILL catch up with Marcos Allen ..... There will be blood. All I'm saying.  :ph34r:.).

But that aside, the '9ers or Green Bay are just two traditional games against storied franchises that just always stand out regardless of the state of the teams involved. The fact that one's arguably the best in the Conference if not in football, and the other has arguably the best QB in football and we're visiting the best place to play football in the Country for me just adds. 

Hail. 

Growing up I hated the Montana 49er teams more and any other NFC east team, they always won, and in '90 and '92 they eliminated us in the playoffs, the '92 game stood out more because we were just as good as they were, they made a ton of mental errors and mistakes and we bailed them out that game, so I was always glad with the Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys beat em, cause I'd seen us beat our divisional rivals, but never SF, I was too young to remember the '83 title game. I was psyched when we beat them in '99 even though they were a fraction of what they once were..

I will probably always take pleasure when we defeat them..

Exactly how I feel.

I HATED the 49ers in the late 80s early 90s. Despised them as much as the Cowboys.

When we beat them to win the division in 1999, even though they were a miserable 4 win wreck that would suck for the next decade, I was pumped. In their house, on national TV, in OT to win the division.

On top of it, Harbaugh just makes them so much hateable. The guy is a great coach but a first class jack ass. I want to see us whip him and then run up the score

@GIbbs Hog Heaven...

My hatred for SF is 2-fold. I was just a young pup living in LA & our family had 50 YL season seats 14 rows up in Anaheim. I started rooting for the Redskins early, but the Rams grew on me. I never loved them near as much as the 'Skins but they certainly have a soft spot in my heart.

Anywho....as you could imagine, them trouncing on the Rams every year in the fashion they did, & how their disgusting fans would take over Anaheim with all their part-time glory-supporters.

Then they just signed everyone i hated. Couldn't stand Deion & especially because while he was around, nobody was giving Darrell Green any credit. I hated (but respected) Ronnie Lott, & Joe Montana, & Jerry Rice...& while nobody talks about him, i loathed the way John Taylor just killed the Rams every single time they played. I also hated those uniforms with the shaded numbers, & Ken Norton Jr & that stupid celebration, & Tom Rathman's white ess (i'm white-ish), & always converting 3rd & 16, & Roger Craig highstepping to the end-zone, & they could never stop showing "the catch," & that crappy Candlestick Park, & did i mention their abhorous fans?

You get the idea. I have a lot of hatred...mostly out of a blend of respectful jelousy & them just rubbing salt in my wounds every.single.time.they.played.

Skins vs. Broncos, because I will be there rocking my B&G with my wife wearing her Denver Donkeys bull****. HTTR!

Yeah, definitely. Mike going up against his old team that he won 2 SB's with... Now QB'd by a legend in Peyton Manning. On top of two good teams going up against each other, you have the "Old Guard" of QB's in Manning, facing the "New Flava In Ya Ear" in RG3

Further to my earlier post that puts my thinking on this better. 

The Raiders I just hate. (One day I WILL catch up with Marcos Allen ..... There will be blood. All I'm saying.  :ph34r:.).

In my best Bjorge Lillelien accent: Marcus Allen, Jim Plunkett, Howie Long, Lyle Alzado. We owe your team one hell of a beating.

No offense but hating a team because they win a lot is some of the weakest **** I've ever heard, especially when they aren't even a rival.

That makes you sound like a jealous ****

it's not simply the winning...which must be hard to get as a Yankees fan because mostly they assume the hatred is directed at them for winning, so i can see the confusion.  it's the how's, & the why's, & the when's.

i was liking the Rams, they beat the Rams every time we played, i was a kid...when i wanted them to lose a game so the Rams had a better shot at winning the division or playoffs, they kept winning...many times when they had no business doing so, & then they celebrated like the U........then to top it off....living in LA they assumed if you weren't a Raiders fan...you were a 9ers fan.....so they were on every weekend, people talked about them like they belonged to LA, & the fans......ohhhhhhh the fans.  only reason i hate the Cowpukes more besides direct history is their fans are THAT much worse & NOBODY is more fairweather than Dalla$$ fans & you see it more so in LA than anywhere.  all the faux-fans coming out of the wood-work when those teams (Dal & SF) even remotely look dangerous.  i swear...two years ago i knew like 4 SF fans personally & now my workplace is LOADED with them?!?!?!

anywho....so when i say that when they won, it was always like pouring salt in a wound....it was.  i was a little kid that rooted for my teams with immense passion & obsessed over football & the 9ers not only managed to crush every dream the Rams ever had.......but then they went & did it 3 times vs. my 'Skins & i just could never bear it.....especially when everyone around me would rub it in at every single opportunity........ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE FAIR-WEATHER FANS!!!

it's like the people i know who just became Ravens & Seahawks fans all of a sudden...like this year.  really?  

that's probably the biggest reason for me not liking teams...& you might ask living in LA, why don't i hate the Raiders then (or maybe you weren't, but i'll answer anyways)..........because despite their reputation, most of them (at least in LA) really aren't that bad.  they're just passionate fans that want respect like any other fan base i suppose, it's just those losers in Oakland, & specifically in the Black-Hole that give them such a bad rep.  

from what i've heard, Seahawks fans (& Sounders fans for that matter) are much worse....& while everyone talks about the Raiders fans...SF are definitely so.  we used to see people get thrown over empty seats by SF fans before they finally got kicked out...every game.  one of the reasons my parents stopped wanting me to go to those games after a while....especially the MNF ones.  

so unless i misread your response & yours was in no way directed specifically at me, i have to say that hating a team simply for "winning all the time" as you put it, is most certainly asinine....but as i won't further presume to know any more back-story to why you root for the Yankees (above comment aside), please let's try to not force a descriptive essay as to why someone likes or dislikes a certain team.  take it for what it is & assume that nobody with a life REALLY wants to explain everything they like/dislike & so forth on the innernets.  

that is all.

Archived