Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Pre Season Game Day Thread - Skins at Titans

TK

Grossman is still extremely gross. Aldrick should have caught that one though. Brian Orakpo is not making me feel very good right now and I am not seeing any pass rush. I am seeing bad angles and bad tackling. The first series with Cousins looked awesome.

I don't know why Cousins didn't get more time. Unless Griffin suffers a setback, Kirk shouldn't see much, if any, playing time during the regular season.

I'd rather see the 1st string score and then we suck than the other way around. Too many times I've seen the skins first string look like garbage and then have to use the vanilla excuse or its just preseason. Our defense is pretty much what I expected with the cap penalty and Haslett being retained.

Grossman is still extremely gross. Aldrick should have caught that one though. Brian Orakpo is not making me feel very good right now and I am not seeing any pass rush. I am seeing bad angles and bad tackling. The first series with Cousins looked awesome.

I would've thought Cousins would've played more, considering he's still a young QB with limited game action.  Not a lot more, but at least to the end of the first quarter.

I don't see Rambo doing anything wrong. He failed to make a VERY open field tackle on Chris Johnson, one of the fastest men in the NFL, and on Shonne Green, another shifty speedster.

I didn't see the 2nd TD run specifically, but the first was ALL Orakpo's fault. People will think Orakpo had a good game because he got a sack, but I think he looked bad, real bad. That first TD was horrible, horrible contain. He played the play action the whole way and left a gaping cut back. Then, on the play right before the sack, he tried a bull rush and got absolutely stone walled.

I disagree on that first one being ALL Orakpo. Sure he overpursued, but so did our line and everybody else. Somebody (MLB) shoulda stayed home instead of EVERYBODY going in the other direction.
I have no idea what our scheme is like, but at least when I played DLine, it was always the DE who had contain unless otherwise specified. If the DE specifically was given a "fire" call, he blitzed hard with reckless abandon and the next guy in (OLB) moved over and played contain.

I assume (with no basis for doing so) that Orakpo has that contain responsibility and, if he's given a fire call, the ILB to his left should cover. There's no way to know what the call was, but one of the two was SOLELY responsible for keeping outside contain and whichever it was, blew it.

At any rate, I still don't think we can reasonably expect most safeties to bring down CJ2K in the open field like that. I remember ST21 getting clowned by LT a couple times in 05 in the open field. A good running back with that speed and agility is just tough to stop; the safety never should be in that position.

Yeah, without knowing the play its hard to tell.

And I remember back in the Norv Turner forgotten years we used to get REALLY mad at Stanley Richards becaushe couldn't bring down backs. He was the one who was always on the highlight reel, but we never noticed guys like Mark Boutte getting pushed on his booty.

Archived