Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking Bad - The End is Near - Official Thread

Dan T.

Judging from that flash forward, part of me think Walt faked his death.

That's not a bad theory. But more likely is that he is simply on the run and his story is very public at this point

He needed the ricin though... He obviously can't make more, guess that's hard to do on the run. Wonder who his next victim is

Spoilers

I missed the first 15 mins. Flash forward intro?

Episode starts and there are kids on skateboards in a pool, probably about 4 or 5 of them.  As the camera pans out you realize it's Walter's pool.  They show the house, it's got a chain link fence around the outside, it's boarded up.

Walt has that look he had at the first episode of the season, the beard, full head of hair, glasses, semi ratty clothes.  He's driving that 80's looking sedan, pulls up in front of the house, looks around, jimmys his way through the fence and into the house.  

The house is completely abandoned inside, no sign of life.  He looks out the window at the kids on skateboards.  HEISENBERG is graffiti'd on the family room wall.  Everything is gone.  He walks down the hall to the bedroom, unscrews the cover to the wall socket where he kept the ricin, it's still there.  Takes it out, puts it in his pocket, walks out of the house, back out to the car.  Feels someone staring at him, it's the nextdoor neighbor, she's not moving and looks absolutely petrified.  He says "Hello, Carol" without a smile, she drops the bag of groceries she's holding.  Cue the intro music.

Tremendous episode.  Really thought it'd be a bit later before Hank confronted Walt.

So Walt told Skylar and Jesse that he's out of the game. He isn't though is he? I forget.

Bold face lied to Jesse when Jesse called him out on killing Mike.

Confronted Hank about the tracker on his car.

Walt is one bad man. "You better tread lightly"

What a great start to the season.

So Walt told Skylar and Jesse that he's out of the game. He isn't though is he? I forget.

Bold face lied to Jesse when Jesse called him out on killing Mike.

Confronted Hank about the tracker on his car.

Walt is one bad man. "You better tread lightly"

What a great start to the season.

He is actually out.

Was surprised Walt want to Hank with the tracker. Then again, Hank knows who paid all those medical bills for him.....and now it either has hit him, or will hit him WHAT really covered his payments. 

I thought so too but after thinking about it some more, Walt had no choice...

-The tracker "may" have been on the car when he went to Jesse's house as well as Saul's law firm.  (I assume he went there to get the 2 duffle bags of money.)

-He recognized the GPS tracker as the same type used to track Gus.

I also want to note that the GPS tracker info has to be downloaded (refer to a previous episode in season 4.  I just watched it on Saturday, so I assure there is dialogue about it having to be downloaded).  So technically, there's a chance Hank doesn't know what's on there but then again, Walt doesn't know if Hank has downloaded info in the past.

Just that alone means that there is nothing Walt could do to try to throw Hank off the trail.  Walt's only choice was to immediately confront Hank in hopes of him not taking things further.  Walt attempted a convincing plea... that he has 6 months to live and even if he's arrested, he won't see a day in jail.  Of course, he may have been lying to Hank, who knows.  His cancer might not be that severe.

One of my favorite moments last night was during the Walt/Hank confrontation in the garage... Hank basically adamantly yells, "**** family!" an admission which has been a much debated point about his character in the last year.  Would he protect the family by not bringing down Walt?  It's appears that he doesn't seem to care what it takes to bring him down.  He would do it.

A couple of little things I loved from the episode:

- the contrasting "Hello Carol"s ...  injecting a spot of dark humor after the intense flash forward

- as Hank opens the door to rejoin the family at the patio after his bathroom revelation, we catch a snippet of dialog - Marie saying to Walt "You are the devil."  Playfully said, but deadly accurate to us.

- Jesse's face as he looks away from Walt after Walt tells him "You have to believe me" about Mike.  So much said with that sideways look.

- Bryan Cranston transforming from Walter to Heisenberg before our very eyes as he tells Hank "If that is true, and you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly."

___

Curious about the symbolism of the boy with the yellow radio-controlled car in the background of the climatic confrontation scene with Hank and Walt.  They've used color thematically throughout the series, and that car was a real bright yellow.   The car was buzzing aimlessly around the street then fell in tandem with Walt's car as he drove into Hank's driveway.  Interesting scene.

Jesse reminds me of Mike now kinda...well not so much in behavior(throwing cash out like a paperboy), but more in his mannerisms and especially the dead eyes. It's interesting to see how much he's changed from earlier seasons. Probably the most interesting of all the characters to me, and I sure didn't see that coming early on...kinda hated him, yo.

Very well executed character development in this show.

On a side note, for an illustration on just how much impact dialogue/casting has on how well an actor performs, contrast the actor who plays Hank on BB with his work on "Under the Dome" as Big Jim.

Night and day lol....

Another thing I noticed is that we see nobody aside from Walt in both of the flash forwards (last season, this season). Walt seems like he is all alone. He has hair, so I'd assume that his cancer is gone (or never really returned). The police warning on the yellow tape at Walt's house indicated a crime scene which makes me wonder what exactly happens there.

The flash forwards from both this season and last have me asking a lot of questions.

I feel like the pacing of the show is just so much better than it was in seasons past. They're really dialed in nowadays, too bad it's ending

As others said, Gilligan wasted no time on the Hank/Walt confrontation.  These last episodes may be like the downward run of the roller coaster. 

I like that Gilligan devoted all of about about 3 minutes to Walt as clean-living car wash owner, just as a brief footnote to show us "Hah. Did you really think Walter could be content arranging car deodorizers the rest of his life?" 

I like that Gilligan devoted all of about about 3 minutes to Walt as clean-living car wash owner, just as a brief footnote to show us "Hah. Did you really think Walter could be content arranging car deodorizers the rest of his life?"

He doesn't seem to be the big drug kingpin that he was though either. He was no Gus Fring. Now, it seems like Walt is just covering his tracks. Like he's on the run. That's no kingpin. I'm hoping that there is more to this Heisenberg.

- the contrasting "Hello Carol"s ...  injecting a spot of dark humor after the intense flash forward

- as Hank opens the door to rejoin the family at the patio after his bathroom revelation, we catch a snippet of dialog - Marie saying to Walt "You are the devil."  Playfully said, but ominous to us.

- Jesse's face as he looks away from Walt after Walt tells him "You have to believe me" about Mike.  So much said with that sideways look.

- Bryan Cranston transforming from Walter to Heisenberg before our very eyes as he tells Hank "If that is true, and you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly."

___

Curious about the symbolism of the boy with the yellow radio-controlled car in the background of the climatic confrontation scene with Hank and Walt.  They've used color thematically throughout the series, and that car was a real bright yellow.   The car was buzzing aimlessly around the street then fell in tandem with Walt's car as he drove into Hank's driveway.  Interesting scene.

Another bit of symbolism I picked up on was his reflection in the broken mirror.  You couldn't see his eyes......the window into someone's soul.  

I think Jesse is gonna flip.

He wants to "break good" and always seems to fall short no matter what his choices are.

He is desperately trying to atone for the bad that has happened... even offering to split his money up between the dead boy and Mikes granddaughter.

I think he'll come to the conclusion on his own that Walt going down is the only thing that will atone for his past and the destruction they've caused.

- as Hank opens the door to rejoin the family at the patio after his bathroom revelation, we catch a snippet of dialog - Marie saying to Walt "You are the devil."  Playfully said, but ominous to us.

___

Another bit of symbolism I picked up on was his reflection in the broken mirror.  You couldn't see his eyes......the window into someone's soul.  

How about Jesse's image in the mirror.  They held that shot for several seconds as a ****roach scuttled over it.  In fact I thought it was a framed photograph lying on the floor amid the empty beer bottles and other debris... until Jesse blinks and then rises to open the door.

Archived