Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking Bad - The End is Near - Official Thread

Dan T.

I think the Ricin is to kill Jesse or Skylar. Those are really the only two people that can take Walt down. Hank is just working off a theory at this point, but doesn't have any real evidence. Hank probably gets one to flip on Walt and that is how we get to the flash forward.

Also, didn't Walt just turn 51 in the present timeline of the show, but his flash forward showed him arranging his bacon into a 52. So from where we are to that point is a year. Probably be a big jump from one to the next.

Something I just read:

A folded towel underneath the knees of a vomiting man. (Shades of Gus Fring in Don Eladio's bathroom while his enemies died from their poisoned tequila, there.)

Something I just read:

A folded towel underneath the knees of a vomiting man. (Shades of Gus Fring in Don Eladio's bathroom while his enemies died from their poisoned tequila, there.)

Someone had a theory that every time Walt kills someone, he becomes a little bit like the person he killed. Crazy 8 cut off the crust of his sandwiches; after Walt killed him, he cut off his crusts it. Gus drove a Volvo; after he was killed, Walt started driving a Volvo. Mike and Walt ordered drinks at a bar, Mike ordered it on the rocks and Walt ordered it neat; after Mike is killed, Walt orders a drink on the rocks.

If this theory holds any water, is there anything he's done in the flash-forwards to suggest he may have killed anyone else we know?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-breaking-bad-return-604252

Breaking Bad surged to a series record on Sunday night, bringing in 5.9 million viewers in its first airing -- nearly doubling its previous high. The start of the AMC series' final eight episodes, the jump makes a compelling case for how many viewers have found the series on Netflix, DVD and OnDemand during its lengthy hiatus.

I like that Gilligan devoted all of about about 3 minutes to Walt as clean-living car wash owner, just as a brief footnote to show us "Hah. Did you really think Walter could be content arranging car deodorizers the rest of his life?"

He doesn't seem to be the big drug kingpin that he was though either. He was no Gus Fring. Now, it seems like Walt is just covering his tracks. Like he's on the run. That's no kingpin. I'm hoping that there is more to this Heisenberg.

He's definitely acting more like drug kingpin than carwash owner, even though he's not actually cooking. He coldly blows off Lydia's appeal for help, knowing that she's likely to end up dead without it. He baldface lies to Jesse, and in imploring him to believe the lie ("Jesse, I need you to believe me.") the implication is that if Jesse doesn't then Walt will have to off him. And he even implicitly threatens Hank at the end of the episode.

Something I just read:
Someone had a theory that every time Walt kills someone, he becomes a little bit like the person he killed. Crazy 8 cut off the crust of his sandwiches; after Walt killed him, he cut off his crusts it. Gus drove a Volvo; after he was killed, Walt started driving a Volvo. Mike and Walt ordered drinks at a bar, Mike ordered it on the rocks and Walt ordered it neat; after Mike is killed, Walt orders a drink on the rocks.

If this theory holds any water, is there anything he's done in the flash-forwards to suggest he may have killed anyone else we know?

Well if he starts wearing bright purple sweaters, we'll know that Marie's a goner.

Something I just read:

He broke his bacon in the shape of his age (52) in Denny's (birthday). Skyler did that for him the previous two times (50 and 51).

Something I just read:

Did Walt ever drive a Volvo?  I thought he had an ugly ass Pontiac Aztec then got a Chrysler 300

No one's mentioned The greatest scene of last night's episode - Badger's awesome Star Trek fan script - the epic Pie Eating contest between Spock and Chekov.

Now, you can see that Star Trek scene, as animated on Vulture by Matt Czap:

http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/breaking-bad-badger-star-trek-story-animated.html

Yes! I loved this scene. I was also wondering if there was maybe something more to Baders story. It kinda clicked when he changed the berries, he seemed to emphasize on the BLUEberries. Then again, maybe I was just looking too closely lol.

Also, I don't think Walt will kill Skyler. I know she's annoying to the fans but I believe that Walt is still in love with her. She may die at the hands of Lydia or her people because of Walt but I doubt he does it himself.

Dean Norris' Hank Schrader will clearly have a bigger role down the homestretch.   This interview with Dean Norris may give you an appreciation of the fleshing out of Hank's character over the course of the series - and of Dean Norris as an actor.

"Dean Norris attributes his nearly three decades of steady work playing mostly cops and military types to going bald in his early twenties, but let’s give the guy a little more credit than he gives himself. It’s thanks to him that Breaking Bad’s Hank Schrader has gone from a cliché-spewing booya DEA agent — essentially comic relief — to a savvy, vulnerable mensch who could be the show’s ultimate hero. “Blood Money,” the first episode of the last eight, positions Hank for big things in the show’s final stretch. We met him at the East Village bar the Edge the day after the episode’s New York premiere, where the 50-year-old actor talked at length about series creator Vince Gilligan’s justified sainthood; his favoriteBreaking Bad scenes; his other show, CBS’s Under the Dome; and how much fun it was to sock Walter White in the jaw. Here, the unexpurgated transcript."

http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/breaking-bad-dean-norris-interview.html

Another thing I noticed is that we see nobody aside from Walt in both of the flash forwards (last season, this season). Walt seems like he is all alone. He has hair, so I'd assume that his cancer is gone (or never really returned). The police warning on the yellow tape at Walt's house indicated a crime scene which makes me wonder what exactly happens there.

The flash forwards from both this season and last have me asking a lot of questions.

There was really no crime scene (yellow) tape at the White house that I saw. There were several city signs that stated warning: no trespassing, iirc.

Also, as far as colors go- heisenberg was spray-painted in yellow in the living room.

One more from Vulture... a really good interview with Vince Gillespie talking about Blood Money, the season opener.  Some interesting  tidbits and insights here, including Vince's explanation about how they decided not to wait until a later episode to have the Walt/Hank confrontation, and a minor but interesting fact about when the open flash forward scene at the gutted, abandoned White household was filmed.

Enjoy:

http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/vince-gilligan-on-breaking-bads-blood-money.html

No one's mentioned The greatest scene of last night's episode - Badger's awesome Star Trek fan script - the epic Pie Eating contest between Spock and Chekov.

Now, you can see that Star Trek scene, as animated on Vulture by Matt Czap:

]

I loved this scene as well. I think Jesse's reaction proves he's off the ganja lmao....

The dialogue in these kinds of scenes with Jesse's friends give me a Clerks kind of vibe, only dumbed down and cracked up, in a good way.

I like that Gilligan devoted all of about about 3 minutes to Walt as clean-living car wash owner, just as a brief footnote to show us "Hah. Did you really think Walter could be content arranging car deodorizers the rest of his life?"

He doesn't seem to be the big drug kingpin that he was though either. He was no Gus Fring. Now, it seems like Walt is just covering his tracks. Like he's on the run. That's no kingpin. I'm hoping that there is more to this Heisenberg.

He's definitely acting more like drug kingpin than carwash owner, even though he's not actually cooking. He coldly blows off Lydia's appeal for help, knowing that she's likely to end up dead without it. He baldface lies to Jesse, and in imploring him to believe the lie ("Jesse, I need you to believe me.") the implication is that if Jesse doesn't then Walt will have to off him. And he even implicitly threatens Hank at the end of the episode.

Something I just read:

Well if he starts wearing bright purple sweaters, we'll know that Marie's a goner.

If this really is the case....poor Jesse:

BHg4vzA.jpg

Those jackets look different to me

I was going to say wow, good pull Mufumonk, but looking real closely, yeah, they are different. The left breast pocket has two buttons on Jesse's, one on Walt's. Also, Jesse's has those buttoned-strap thingies on the shoulders. Still, it could be an example of Walt adapting a style or mannerism of a victim even if it isn't the actual jacket.

BTW, the Walt photo shows another example of the great devotion to detail of this show's makers - the sweat stains on Walt's shirt. Without a single word of dialog, those sweat stains scream out that this is a man on the run.

Something I just read:

Did Walt ever drive a Volvo?  I thought he had an ugly ass Pontiac Aztec then got a Chrysler 300

I was thinking this was bogus too but he's right. Walt is driving a Volvo when he pulls into Denny's in the Season 5 premier. I still have my doubts that Walt kills Skyler though.

The logical and predictible ending at this point is that WW ends up getting killed or some other tragedy of events.

I would like for just once to see one of these type of shows end up with the message of "yes kids, crime DOES pay"... maybe we see WW in a departing shot living it up on the islands with his family while he phones in his orders for his operation stateside.  Or maybe Jesse kills Walt and takes over the empire.

Walter has turned into a pretty despicable person. I’m not rooting for him and never really have been able to. Yeah, he’s a badass, but he’s a selfish badass who has no one to blame but himself. Karma is going to catch up with him one way or another. Crime doesn’t pay and Walt is going down, bank on it.

Jesse on the other hand seems remorseful and eager to right his wrongs. Wouldn’t surprise me if he turned himself in or worse, committed suicide. I’ve found him easier to root for as it appears he actually has a conscience.

The logical and predictible ending at this point is that WW ends up getting killed or some other tragedy of events.

I would like for just once to see one of these type of shows end up with the message of "yes kids, crime DOES pay"... maybe we see WW in a departing shot living it up on the islands with his family while he phones in his orders for his operation stateside.  Or maybe Jesse kills Walt and takes over the empire.

Jesse on the other hand seems remorseful and eager to right his wrongs. Wouldn’t surprise me if he turned himself in or worse, committed suicide. 

.... Or teaming up with Hank to bring Walt down. This is my guess as to where the show is headed.

Jesse on the other hand seems remorseful and eager to right his wrongs. Wouldn’t surprise me if he turned himself in or worse, committed suicide. 

.... Or teaming up with Hank to bring Walt down. This is my guess as to where the show is headed.

Yea, until he gets back on drugs.....i think Jesse is going to have a major breakdown pretty soon. I wonder if it will ever come out that Walt watched his GF die..... 

Yea, until he gets back on drugs.....i think Jesse is going to have a major breakdown pretty soon. I wonder if it will ever come out that Walt watched his GF die..... 

Yeah. If my theory does come true then drugs might be his downfall and the plan may fall apart.

I was also thinking that it might only be a matter of time before Lydia comes to Jesse asking (possibly forcing) him to cook for her.

Archived