Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking Bad - The End is Near - Official Thread

Dan T.

Damn that's some high praise coming from Anthony Hopkins. I wonder what he thought about the acting in the Sopranos but I agree that the acting in Breaking Bad was top notch

I don't really want to take down the Sopranos because I liked that show a lot.  But, for me, there is no comparison between the two.  Every episode in BB was phenomenal.  I can't think of a down time, or a bad season.  Sopranos bad seasons probably outweighed the good ones to me.  

I don't really want to take down the Sopranos because I liked that show a lot.  But, for me, there is no comparison between the two.  Every episode in BB was phenomenal.  I can't think of a down time, or a bad season.  Sopranos bad seasons probably outweighed the good ones to me.  

I guess I was referring more to the quality of the acting. Hopkins said it was the best acting he's ever seen and it makes me wonder if he watched the Sopranos which had top notch acting

I guess I was referring more to the quality of the acting. Hopkins said it was the best acting he's ever seen and it makes me wonder if he watched the Sopranos which had top notch acting

The difference, as far as acting goes, was that there were no weak links in Breaking Bad (smaller cast for sure). Every actor was at the very least above average.

The Soprano's had Robert Iller in a main role as AJ. He was terrible, especially in the final season where his mental health/suicide attempt arc dominated several scenes/episodes. Steven Shirrpa, as Bobby Baccalleri was also pretty terrible as an actor. The actor who played Vito (Joe something) was also mediocre at best and awful at worst.

As far as Jesse, I don't think anyone is suggesting that he is free of legal process for his role.  I'm sure if the cops found him, he would be prosecuted.  But what he freed himself from was the aryans that kidnapped him, and from Walt's manipulation.  I surely did not take anything in that ending to imply that Jesse was free from prosecution, immune or otherwise.  I'm sure he's on the run, probably to Alaska, but he will get there and start over.

Best show I've ever seen, and I wish I could watch it again for the first time.

Jesse's part of the show ends with him driving off into the night. There's no indication that anyone would even know to look for him for anything that happened. That's why his confession DVD is interesting to me. Assuming he doesn't fall back into addiction, Jesse seems free and clear of it all, and could even resume a somewhat normal life. But that DVD, if found, would make that impossible. Without the DVD, there's nothing to pin him to any of what happened.

My wife thought that the room that was shot up by Walt's gun at the end is the same room where they were watching the DVD, but rewatching the last two episodes it's clear that the viewing room is different than the final room. The scene where they are watching the DVD ends with Jack storming out to kill Jesse (and Todd interceding). Nothing else is shown with the DVD after they watch it, though it is conceivable they would destroy it since it implicated Todd.

Even without that evidence they already knew about Pinkman's involvement through Marie. What Pinkman has going for him, though, is that Marie knew he was with Hank so that along with him being captive and unseen for so long probably means the police assumed he was dead.

I just saw this, sorry for the late response. In "Rabid Dog", Marie stays at the house when they are questioning Jesse, but when Hank is setting up to tape he tells her "This is probably going to take a while". She says ok, kisses him on the cheek then leaves the room. She didn't hear any of the confession, she just knew it was bad for Walt.

I just saw this, sorry for the late response. In "Rabid Dog", Marie stays at the house when they are questioning Jesse, but when Hank is setting up to tape he tells her "This is probably going to take a while". She says ok, kisses him on the cheek then leaves the room. She didn't hear any of the confession, she just knew it was bad for Walt.

To each his own, but in my interpretation, Marie knows that Pinkman is a drug dealer working with Walt.  I thought it was pretty clear.  

Taking the show as a whole, I don't think its plausible to say that Pinkman is free and clear from the police and/or DEA.  I think they have enough on him.  I'd also note that Skyler knew all about Pinkman, and was basically telling everything she knew.  

I think Pinkman escapes, but I don't think that means the police think he is not guilty, or somehow have a lack of evidence against him.

No worries. I think it can be assumed that while not knowing the exact details, Marie at least knew from Hank that Pinkman was Walt's accomplice. Maybe Hank told her the details afterward, while they were still housing Pinkman, that wouldn't be a stretch. Marie certainly told the feds that Pinkman was with her husband when they were getting Walt. Jesse has a small window where police assume he is dead along with Hank and Gomes. Once those bodies are dug up and no Pinkman they may put out an APB but realize he's long gone since they hadn't heard from him in so long (since he was, unknown to them, held captive).

It was a fan letter.  Hopkins performance as Lector in Silence of the Lambs certainly stands equal/above Walter White also, too bad he wasn't on screen that much but enough to win Best Actor.

• 2 months later...

Just finished after binging for weeks. Incredible.

I don't know what to do now. I'm pretty bummed it's all over...well, at least I never had to deal with commercials or waiting another week. Couldn't imagine what it must have been like to wait a week between the desert shootout and finding out the fates of Hank and Gomez.

Just finished after binging for weeks. Incredible.

I don't know what to do now. I'm pretty bummed it's all over...well, at least I never had to deal with commercials or waiting another week. Couldn't imagine what it must have been like to wait a week between the desert shootout and finding out the fates of Hank and Gomez.

It's fun to watch it all over again after a month or so.  You'll have a different perspective on things, knowing how things end.  

The biggest moment for me when I watched it for a 2nd time was when Jesse ended an episode (season 2 or 3) by yelling "What's more important than money?!?!?!" at the top of his lungs.  The changes between him and Walter are astounding when you start all over again and see how they are at the start.

The waiting wasn't all that bad, I miss having something to look forward to watching on Sunday evenings before the week started.  

• 2 weeks later...

so I did the binge watching thing with BB ... fell in love with the show. Watched first 5 1/2 seasons on Netflix and only had a to wait a week to finish off with the recent marathon aired, worked out well. 

Here's my thing ... while I loved every second of the show and still think about and read about it often, did I lose out on the experience of following those five, six years.

I have to imagine that while I was on the edge of my seat watching the final, my passion just could not been at the same level as somoene that was there from the beginning six years ago to the end ... 

Can't imagine what it was like ... I listen to that damn Badfinger song every day and just reminisces about the show.  

so I did the binge watching thing with BB ... fell in love with the show. Watched first 5 1/2 seasons on Netflix and only had a to wait a week to finish off with the recent marathon aired, worked out well. 

Here's my thing ... while I loved every second of the show and still think about and read about it often, did I lose out on the experience of following those five, six years.

I have to imagine that while I was on the edge of my seat watching the final, my passion just could not been at the same level as somoene that was there from the beginning six years ago to the end ... 

Can't imagine what it was like ... I listen to that damn Badfinger song every day and just reminisces about the show.

I think you missed a little something where an episode would end and you know something big is going down, but you don't know what or how, but if you pay REALLY close attention, there's foreshadowing cleverly hidden in show. The one I remember most was when Walt was spinning his revolver on the table while figuring out how to get out of this mess, and then on the final spin, it points to a potted plant. Some clever people figured this wasn't pure happenstance and found what plant it was and and it's poisonous properties. And to go along with that, they noticed that when Huell gave Jessie the pat-down, he stealthily pocketed something. Both scenes I had completely missed the nuance on and just took them at face value, but others were able to catch on to and figured out before it was revealed that Walt poisoned Brock with the plant and had the ricin cigarette stolen to make it look like Gustavo poisoned the kid with the ricin.

I think you missed a little something where an episode would end and you know something big is going down, but you don't know what or how, but if you pay REALLY close attention, there's foreshadowing cleverly hidden in show. The one I remember most was when Walt was spinning his revolver on the table while figuring out how to get out of this mess, and then on the final spin, it points to a potted plant. Some clever people figured this wasn't pure happenstance and found what plant it was and and it's poisonous properties. And to go along with that, they noticed that when Huell gave Jessie the pat-down, he stealthily pocketed something. Both scenes I had completely missed the nuance on and just took them at face value, but others were able to catch on to and figured out before it was revealed that Walt poisoned Brock with the plant and had the ricin cigarette stolen to make it look like Gustavo poisoned the kid with the ricin.

I only noticed that later as well.  At the time, I remember the gun just pointed at him a couple times and I thought it was kind of a joke.  But the last time, it points at the poison berries.  Extremely well-done.

I only noticed that later as well.  At the time, I remember the gun just pointed at him a couple times and I thought it was kind of a joke.  But the last time, it points at the poison berries.  Extremely well-done.

I picked up that it was pointing at a plant. I had no idea what kind of plant, of course.

I did think during the first time I saw the Walt/Jesse scene that Walt was lying about it being Fring.

Archived