Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Lots of reports on Twitter that Draymond Green has been arrested for assault in Michigan. None of the stories have any official confirmation or details beyond that. Police are only saying that an NBA player was arrested but not confirming which.

I'm guessing he kicked someone in the balls at the grocery store while reaching for a box of cereal.

• Like 2

Dumb, Draymond, dumb.

But totally understandable.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Warriors-Draymond-Green-arrested-in-East-Lansing-8352158.php

Green, 26, was arrested around 2:30 a.m. after an altercation in the busy business district with numerous bars and restaurants, said East Lansing police Lt. Scott Wriggelsworth. A source close to the investigation told The Chronicle that Green slapped a taunting fan at a nightclub.

The male victim, who was not identified, was not injured, said Wriggelsworth, who would not elaborate on the circumstances of the altercation.

What a career.  Class act on and off the court the entire time.  I was fortunate to be in attendance at the 1997 NBA draft in Charlotte and watch the big fella go #1 overall.  

Did you see former Wizard Etan Thomas' post about Tim Duncan ?:

Here is my Tim Duncan story

So we're playing the Spurs and I get the ball on the post. I inside pivot and sweep to the middle for my jump hook and he blocks it. So as we are running down the court he says to me "that was a good move but you have to get more into my body so you can either draw the foul or I can't block it". So I didn't know if he was talking noise or what so just kind of looked at him confused and said ok. Then, a few plays later I did it again got more into his body and he couldn't block it. I missed the shot and he looked at me and said much better and kept playing lol. I remember calling my boy Zee Chilton and telling him this story lol Tim Duncan is honestly one of the nicest guys in the NBA and the best power forward ever in NBA history. Respect.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/former-wizards-center-etan-thomas-has-best-tim-duncan-story

• Like 8

Did you see former Wizard Etan Thomas' post about Tim Duncan ?:

Here is my Tim Duncan story

So we're playing the Spurs and I get the ball on the post. I inside pivot and sweep to the middle for my jump hook and he blocks it. So as we are running down the court he says to me "that was a good move but you have to get more into my body so you can either draw the foul or I can't block it". So I didn't know if he was talking noise or what so just kind of looked at him confused and said ok. Then, a few plays later I did it again got more into his body and he couldn't block it. I missed the shot and he looked at me and said much better and kept playing lol. I remember calling my boy Zee Chilton and telling him this story lol Tim Duncan is honestly one of the nicest guys in the NBA and the best power forward ever in NBA history. Respect.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/former-wizards-center-etan-thomas-has-best-tim-duncan-story

That's a great story.  

The NBA's attempt to address Hack-a-Shaq is a dumb half measure. It won't eliminate the strategy. There is a simple and unobtrusive fix that will completely eliminate it:

"Unnatural, away-from-the-play fouls will result in the team that receives the FTs getting to choose who takes them from any of their players on the floor when the foul occurred."

Unnatural is to be defined as off the ball fouls that aren't from things like running through screens or jockeying for deep position in the post.

There. Problem solved.

Why not just make it so that fouls on players without the ball, that result in foul shots, can be taken by either the player with the ball or the fouled player.  The shooting team chooses.  That way refs don't have to make judgment calls of any kind, which is probably important in a league where a large number of fans are already highly suspicious of referees.  If both players involved are awful free throw shooters, we thank the Lord above for granting us another shot at a free chicken sandwich and see it as a good thing.

Simple enough.

• Like 3

Why not just make it so that fouls on players without the ball, that result in foul shots, can be taken by either the player with the ball or the fouled player.  The shooting team chooses.  That way refs don't have to make judgment calls of any kind, which is probably important in a league where a large number of fans are already highly suspicious of referees.  If both players involved are awful free throw shooters, we thank the Lord above for granting us another shot at a free chicken sandwich and see it as a good thing.

Simple enough.

That works too.

Yeah I admit the strategy sucks but I also don't like protecting players because they are bad at an important aspect of basketball.

If they don't like it, get that player off the court

It's a pure exploitation of a gap in the rules. And it makes games more painful to watch. It really doesn't have anything to do with basketball, it's a completely unnatural play to intentionally foul players away from the ball. A player should usually only get sent to the line if they have the ball in their hands when they're fouled.

• Like 1

I don't know.   Ask Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain, because neither of them could.

Of course, they were both bums

its a fascinating thing...  wilt could SHOOT... but not at the free throw line. 

Nick Anderson --- bricks 4 FTs at the end of a the first game in a playoff series, and it scars him so bad that he goes from a 74% FT shooter down to the 40s%.   You get a hitch in your shot, and it kills you.  and having to stand there,

quietly,

by yourself,

with no one else to blame,

in front of 10s of thousands of people,

each time you you have to face down that demon... and it kills some people.     40% sounds almost like the random percentage you would make if you have enough strength to get the ball to the rim without straining.    I imagine someone KNOWING they have no touch, but hope it will go in anyway... but mentally flinching each time just as it leaves their hands....

2894010884_ca92ab5d6a_z.jpg

• Like 1

Michigan State football player tells police Draymond Green punched him

Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green was arrested early Sunday for allegedly punching Michigan State football player Jermaine Edmondson in the face during a confrontation at an East Lansing restaurant, according to the police report obtained by ESPN.

Green was arrested on charges of "simple assault" for the incident, which happened at Conrad's Grill in East Lansing, Michigan. He was released on $200 bond, and his arraignment is scheduled for July 20. If convicted, he would face a maximum of 93 days in jail and a $500 fine.

He also took a blood test at the jail -- which resulted in a blood alcohol content of .10 -- and wasn't allowed to leave "until completely sober."

However, it wasn't the first incident between the two, according to Edmondson's statement to the East Lansing Police Department.

According to the police report, Edmondson, a senior cornerback for the Spartans, told police that he told Green to watch where he was going after Green had bumped into him at a different establishment on Friday night and that he and his girlfriend were "choked" by Green's associates.

Link

Yeah I admit the strategy sucks but I also don't like protecting players because they are bad at an important aspect of basketball.

If they don't like it, get that player off the court

Get off the court or get better, that should be it. This changing the rules to accommodate lack of skill business is troubling.