Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Top 3 Jordan moment...ALL-TIME

Mercer's career started going downhill after this. No joke.

I remember seeing that play, and better understood basketball by the time he showed up in DC versus when my dad was turning to NBC while he was playing for the Bulls.

It's true, Jordan's heyday is far enough in the past that their are definitely people my age or younger stating opinions they do not understand. Like I'd be weary getting into an argument about where Blll Russell fits into all these "best" conversations.

What I do understand and am fine interjecting my opinion on is Jordan's competitiveness, refusal to lose, and commitment to defense. I can look at players today and go "nope, nope, nope" one after the other, and I feel that's more then fair. You have to come correct when dealing with someone who has made first team defense 9 times and 10 scoring titles while missing nearly two years in the middle of his heyday in Chicago.

Jordan was the greatest scorer ever. A Bill Gates's version of Carmelo as an off the dribble shooter and triple threat scorer. Also a phenomenally good rebounder, passer, and defensive player. He was better and more accomplished than LeBron. But LeBron is the GOAT SF and the best player to come along since Jordan.

• Like 3

Or, he just couldn't beat the Pistons or Celtics until they died off.

In fairness to the GOAT, look at the way games were called back then along with the Jordan Rules the Bad Boys implemented.  They flat out mugged him every time he came in the paint.  It still went 6 games in '89 and 7 games in '90 in the playoff match-ups.    

If the Bad Boys tried to play that physical style of basketball today, they'd run out of players to put on the court cause they would all foul out or eventually get suspended with flagrant 2 fouls.  I know that's how the game was played back then, I miss it honestly.  

And in 1991, they still won 50 games and Rodman was DPoY, I would hardly say they had died off completely.  1992, the won 48 games, then it was downhill after that.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Jordan was shrewd enough to never drag a sorry set of teamates to the Finals -- LEGACY BUILDING.

Lebron probably needs 4 more Finals MVPs to surpass Jordan...

Well Jordan would have about 12 finals trips if he got to play in the East that Lebron has been blessed with. As if Jordan couldn't have taken one of those pre 1991 Bulls teams through the 2007 eastern playoffs... Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

I think LeBron has surpassed Jordan also.

Yeah, you'd think all this stuff would have ceased the moment Lebron did something that was nearly impossible. He defeated history.

Jordan never did that. And if you put Magic Mike on the 2016 Cavaliers, they don't beat GS.

Yeah. I said that ****.

That moment was a month ago. I've put a ton of thought into it, and I say again, Jordan aint doing that ish.

Nobody but Lebron James could've pulled that off.

What history are you talking about?

Or nostalgia is a helluva drug.

You can say that about some things, but not Jordan.

Did someone deneuralize you?

Why cant he say that about Jordan? The dude isn't the creator of the Universe.

Oh please. Jordan was as good as everyone remembers. So what does "nostalgia" have to do with it? Edited by DM72

LOL...Who, you and a few others?

And I'm still waiting on this history that LeBron made.

Yes. Because I dare say there is something Lord Jordan could have never done, I have forgotten that he is the ruler of the multiverse.

Historic 73 win team

Historic 73 win team withhistorically good 3 pt shooters

Down 3-1 to historic 73 win team in Finals

City without title for 50 years

Back to back 40 pt games and a triple double

No one has ever closed a Finals like that. Not even Lord Jordan.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

What LeBron did after this past finals is phenomenal.  But having had the privilege of watching both play their entire NBA careers, I've actually bumped LeBron up in my top 5 rankings.  For me it's MJ at 1a. and LeBron at 1b.

They both played different positions and in different eras.  I get Sins point about MJ never doing what LeBron just did, but he was also never in that situation, so there is no way to know.  Rules were different, how the games were called were different too.

The reason I put MJ above LeBron is because of what he has done on both sides of the ball as opposed to LeBron.  

Season MVP:  MJ 5, LBJ 4

Finals MVP:  MJ 6, LBJ 3

All Defensive first team:  MJ 9, LBJ 5

Defensive Player of the Year:  MJ 1, LBJ 0

Scoring Leader:  MJ 10, LBJ 1

Steals Leader:  MJ 3, LBJ 0

Jordan played 15 seasons to LeBron's 13 seasons.  Playoff appearances are 13 for MJ and 11 for LBJ, so LeBron has a chance to beat/tie that depending on how long he plays.  I think what Jordan did in his time was amazing.  Same with LeBron.  I'm no longer a hater, but a fan that right now still thinks the edge goes to MJ.  

• Like 4

Yes. Because I dare say there is something Lord Jordan could have never done, I have forgotten that he is the ruler of the multiverse.

Historic 73 win team

Historic 73 win team withhistorically good 3 pt shooters

Down 3-1 to historic 73 win team in Finals

City without title for 50 years

Back to back 40 pt games and a triple double

No one has ever closed a Finals like that. Not even Lord Jordan.

Jordan was too good to ever be down 3-1 in the Finals. He also never lost in the Finals.

• Like 1