Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Quick question....am i viewed as a geriatric in here? That's the most alarming part of this to me. Lol

Yup, you old and got a **** like a ham hock

Hella old, hella long, looking like Matlock

Damn dog, I don't even wanna have a standoff

Nothing Major Harris said deserved all the flak he is taking here.  It's not unreasonable to raise a bit of an eyebrow at Melo standing up there with those other 3 guys, and when called out, MH explained where he was coming from.    Time to move on.

Lol i really was not trying to fight and am surprised at how his this played out

You new around here?  

• Like 2

Yeah I don't mean to give him a ton of flack. Consider it a personal pet peeve, I tend to get butt hurt when people unfairly judge you for what you did as a youngster for personal reasons. :)

Lemme guess.  You sported a mullet?  

I get where you're coming from, and it should serve as a cautionary tale to everyone that just because we change, doesn't mean our past changes, and the people who's lives (directly or indirectly) we've negatively affected, and that some words can never be taken back.

Or it depends on the messenger. There's been others who have said some dumb **** and have been forgiven. Some of the insults Ali threw at Frazier was extremely vile. He became the the most revered athlete of all time.

What Carmelo said was wrong, but he was young and dumb. And don't think for one second that Carmelo is the only athlete that believed/believes in that "no snitches" culture. I'm more that certain we had/have a few on the Skins.

Or it depends on the messenger. There's been others who have said some dumb **** and have been forgiven. Some of the insults Ali threw at Frazier was extremely vile. He became the the most revered athlete of all time.

What Carmelo said was wrong, but he was young and dumb. And don't think for one second that Carmelo is the only athlete that believed/believes in that "no snitches" culture. I'm more that certain we had/have a few on the Skins.

Okay

Im 28. For some reason I always thought you were older than me.

I guess that was a very long time ago now (must be why he's been raised to some walking greek mytho status these days... a lot of these younger cats never saw him play in Chicago). I was 9 going on 10 when he made the Last Shot.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Im 28. For some reason I always thought you were older than me.

I guess that was a very long time ago now (must be why he's been raised to some walking greek mytho status these days... a lot of these younger cats never saw him play in Chicago). I was 9 going on 10 when he made the Last Shot.

I was on my honeymoon in Cancun when Jordan pushed off on Russell. Good times!

• Like 1

Quick question....am i viewed as a geriatric in here? That's the most alarming part of this to me. Lol

shut-up grampa.... and get off my lawn

Lemme guess.  You sported a mullet?  

your use of the past tense there was a sweet touch.   you ARE becoming cuddly in your old age, aren;t you?

• Like 2

Was at Dulles airport with my mom, picking up my aunt. Was packed in this bar and grill with a ton of other people.

Main ballroom of the Moon Palace resort packed with guests for a watch party. Lots and lots of Euros/South Americans in attendance. Jordan was truly a global phenomenon in those days.

My first NBA finals memory was the Bulls/Suns series. I was only 6/7 at the time and I cried and cried until my mom

Made my brother change the finals to watch Americas Funniest Home videos instead lol

He kept switching back though and eventually I got into it that night. Remember the following seasons really well especially once Jordan came back and then once Kobe was drafted I was all in and started playing every day as well

I probably up until maybe 5 years ago could recite the scores to every finals game during their second 3peat.

Jordan was the greatest you guys. Lebron is 2. No shame in that.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1