Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Pretty good chance he wins 0 if Magic and Bird were not at the end of their ropes.

Are you being serious? Zero?

And do you believe LeBron get to all these Finals if he were in the Western Conference?

Are you being serious? Zero?

And do you believe LeBron get to all these Finals if he were in the Western Conference?

Not entirely, but consider the Celtics adding Len Bias. Hmm...

I think getting to the finals in the western conference would have been tougher, but it would also depend on where LeBron was playing. I could pretty much see him making any team in the west a 50 win team. 

If you're going to play that game then just say there is a pretty good chance Lebron wins 0 if the Spurs and Duncan didn't get old or if Kobe and Shaq had formed in 2005 instead of 1996.

I mean come on, that's not an argument

Of course it isn't. I do believe that the Rockets were going to win at least one anyway. If not the Blazers. 

Better chance LeBron wins 0 if he had never left Cleveland for Miami.

Why does Miami make a difference ? What if he went to LA ? What if he went to Houston, or damn near anywhere ? 

LeBron get flak for being the bad guy. I get it, but he is, right this moment the greatest that ever played the game in spite of quitting during that one series about a decade ago. I've seen all of those 80's and 90's greats quit at times, even the more recent ones like Kobe, Shaq, Garnett, etc. 

Why does Miami make a difference ? What if he went to LA ? What if he went to Houston, or damn near anywhere ?

LeBron get flak for being the bad guy. I get it, but he is, right this moment the greatest that ever played the game in spite of quitting during that one series about a decade ago. I've seen all of those 80's and 90's greats quit at times, even the more recent ones like Kobe, Shaq, Garnett, etc.

Miami doesn't make a difference. I'm saying that the argument of Jordan on winning because teams around him got old holds as much water as saying LeBron only won because he left Cleveland. Had he stayed he more then likely would never have won a title.

How about the only reason LeBron has been able to win titles is because Rose got hurt.

• Like 1

Dave, there is more competition now on every team. Remember when Toni Kukoc was a big deal ?

Ask any Wizards fan...that team is winning 50+ games this year. 

Of course I am being somewhat silly about 'ships, but I do not believe that Jordan is better than LeBron. 

LeBron has surpassed Jordan. It's not always about the rings. 

Jordan is still better than Lebron. I don't believe there is more competition now on every team. This league is as poor on parity as it was back in the 90's.

Players today are more athletic, but less fundamentally sound and skilled overall.

But Lebron is definitely 1b in my book. And to be fair, I'm a hater of both players. Old school hater of Jordan when the refs would let him get away with traveling every time he took his first step. Became an even bigger hater when I interned for the Wizards and he was President of Operations. But I can admit what he was as a player. Maybe being a whiney asshole is one of the foundational keys of being the GOAT, since the two best have that quality.

• Like 1

If that is the case...Why are teams like the Spurs so successful ? Golden State ? Many of those same players from back then and coaches...are coaching these players. 

No reason to answer. They are being taught the fundamentals. 

LeBron has no peer, no challenger. I enjoy watching Curry and others dominate at times. Realistically, they can not do what LeBron does, nor could Jordan. The only players that come close are Magic and Oscar. Let's face it LeBron is a better scorer than both of those players also. 

Edited by Kosher Ham

If that is the case...Why are teams like the Spurs so successful ? Golden State ? Many of those same players from back then and coaches...are coaching these players.

No reason to answer. They are being taught the fundamentals.

LeBron has no peer, no challenger. I enjoy watching Curry and others dominate at times. Realistically, they can not do what LeBron does, nor could Jordan. The only players that come close are Magic and Oscar. Let's face it LeBron is a better scorer than both of those players also.

Using the example of two teams that are well coached doesn't work for the majority of the other teams that aren't. The Spurs and Warriors aren't an example of today's game, they are the exceptions to the rule.

The difference between Jordan's era and Lebron's is the fundamentals learned prior to even getting into the league.

And what exactly does Lebron do that Jordan can't? These discussions are always so pointless because people say things like this with zero explanation. Make sure you don't boost Lebron to mythic proportions the same way you wish Jordan fans wouldn't.

Edited by Gamebreaker

LOL...Who, you and a few others?

And I'm still waiting on this history that LeBron made.

First player to lead both teams in any NBA playoff series in points, rebounds, blocks, assists, and steals.

And it just happened to be an NBA finals that his team won.

I'm not going to tell you that he's better than Jordan, but I think you have to realize that Jordan didn't have the ability to do something like that.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1

Jordan was better than LeBron. He had two season as good or better than LeBron's best season and two seasons better than LeBron's second best, one better than his third best, and four better than LeBron's fourth best. He was far more skilled than LeBron, just as much of a freak of nature, and a better and tougher competitor.

Jordan was also clearly better than Oscar and Magic.

I know it's trendy to **** on Jordan now, but it's nonsense. Jordan was a nonpareil. One of, if not the smartest and most skilled player ever + one of the best athletes ever + the greatest competitor ever. He's not just the GOAT basketball player, he's the GOAT American athlete. Might as well appreciate him for what he was and achieved because another one like him is probably not coming along in our lifetimes.

Knew there was something I was forgetting. Jordan couldn't affect the game in as many different ways Lebron can is basically my point. And Lebron did it all to bring them back, against a 73 win team.

And I'll say it again. Jordan never faced a team like that, or closed a Finals like that.

Yield

• Like 1

Prisoners of the moment.

Prisoner of the moment indeed but nostalgia also makes us remember things as better than they were. I think they even out. When LeBron's finished he's either 1A or 1B with MJ. That simple. 

For the record, I think post-1991 Jordan could definitely have led the Cavs to a win this year, by that point he was more than capable of making everyone around him better and had already won a DPOTY, he averaged 11.4 APG in the '91 Finals. Larry Bird probably also could've done it.

Let's not forget the Warriors never reached their peak in the Finals because Curry played barely above average. If he plays even 80% of what he was in the regular season it's a 5-game gentleman's sweep no matter what but because he was terrible, it made everything different. Draymond was also out for Game 5 and Bogut's injury was devastating. A lot had to go right for Cleveland to eek out a win in Game 7.

That isn't to say what LeBron did wasn't amazing, it was. That block on Iguodala will be on highlight reels forever. I just think there's this misconception that the 73-win regular season Warriors were the same team in the Finals, they weren't. 

• Like 3