Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Yeah I think Riley was just tired of the whole situation and wanted Wade to go without actually telling Wade to go. That way they still can try to spin t somewhat

I know Sin was saying their relationship was basically ****ty and beyond repair.  Looks like he was being a dick by offering him $10 mil/yr to when FA started, knowing damn good and well DW could go get twice that if he wanted to.  

To me that screams disrespect, especially to the face of your franchise.  DW is a veteran player, with some gas left in the tank and the face of your franchise.  You don't offer him that, ever, especially when you know, his agent knows and he knows you can pay him twice that.  You only offer that to piss him off and push him away.

Yeah I think Riley was just tired of the whole situation and wanted Wade to go without actually telling Wade to go. That way they still can try to spin t somewhat

I dont know what Riley has to be tired of. Tired of getting over on underpaying Wade, I guess

• Like 1

Wade is the only reason Miami has its NBA titles.

He's probably the only reason we still have a fanbase. What happened at the tail end of the Road Warrior era, sucked the life out of everyone, and there was no hope, until he basically materialized from nowhere, to team with Odom, Eddie Jones and Caron Butler.

Speaking of the Road Warriors, its funny how some people try and compare this to Zo leaving, ignoring that his health was failing.

the only reason..?

Yes. Wade was the one who put the team on his back to win our first title, and despite Riles gm wizardry, there is no Lebron and no Bosh without Wade recruiting them.

• Like 2

This is......interesting:

Royce Young @royceyoung

After one playoff game, Durant was at his locker reading tweets (as he would after most games). One from Skip Bayless really irked him.

Royce Young Verified account @royceyoung

It bugged him so much he sent a text to a reporter asking to be asked a question about Bayless at the podium so he could tee off about it.

the only reason..?

yes.

Shaq wanted to come to Miami to play with Wade. Wade had an all time finals performance, ring one.

Rings two and three, Wade took that paycut and his relationship with Bron and Bosh made it easy for those two to come to Miami.

Not Riley or Arinson. It was Wade.

This is......interesting:

Royce Young @royceyoung

After one playoff game, Durant was at his locker reading tweets (as he would after most games). One from Skip Bayless really irked him.

Royce Young Verified account ‏@royceyoung

It bugged him so much he sent a text to a reporter asking to be asked a question about Bayless at the podium so he could tee off about it.

Royce Young is a chancre sore. Why wasn't he reporting this when Durant was there?

He is so bitter.

cool, he was still underpaid.

Cool. He's a grown man who made that conscious decision in order to improve his chances of winning. He maybe figured that having more money than his grandchildren's grandchildren will ever need was probably enough. Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

KAT, right now, is that second star.  His rookie season was historic, and he'll be even better this upcoming season.  Him and Westbrook would be a dynamic 1-2 punch. 

I am in no way saying he'd be in the WCF next season, but within 2-3 years, I don't think it would be out of the question.

Now, if he was traded to the Knicks, I'd honestly put them as a LEGIT threat to Cleveland.

There is a difference between putting up great individual numbers on a dumpster fire team and being ready to lead a winner. If KAT were already there, Minnesota would have won more than 29 games last year. It's going to take him 2 or 3 years to figure out how to play and lead winning team basketball, and then several seasons after that to learn how to be a champion. He's seven years younger than Westbrook. That is too big a difference to be a real partner to him.

Westbrook would be interesting on the Knicks, and if I were OKC, I would take a package built around Porzingis for him. But I don't see that happening. I also don't see that deal working out best for Westbrook long term, such that I don't know if he would sign an extension. Melo has started his decline and his descent in the past two years has been steep.

Cool. He made that conscious decision in order to improve his chances of winning.

Cool

Because he was a rare good soldier, the antithesis of the whiny top earning selfish athletes that so many gump ass people have a problem with, and who's unselfishness paved their way for the greatest era in the history of the franchise

And instead of being rewarded for that unselfishness, he gets stabbed in the back because he wouldn't stop being friends with the guy who told his boss to **** off.

Please continue...

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 4

awesome. he was underpaid and wanted to be paid what he was owed the Heat showed no loyalty.

This is why Kobe was right to take his money.

Professional sports teams aren't in the habit of making poor business decisions because of loyalty. I guess the Lakers did. Probably not a lot of teams lining up to follow suit with the way that turned out.

Wade left SO much money on the table in order to help Miami be competitive.

I doubt any superstar is see what just happened to him and take that route again, not for a long time.

Certainly dont put trust in management when they say they'll take care of you later.

• Like 1

I wouldn't give up Ingram if I was LA. That's too steep. They can have Russell and basically anybody but Ingram.

There is no guarantee they can grab another FA next summer. So then it would be Westbrook, Clarkson, Nance and a bunch of trash cans.

Maybe they could go hard after Blake too. B

Russell was trash as a rookie and proved he wasn't ready for the show. A 14 year old kid. The only notable thing he did was only notable for snitching on a teammate and getting shunned. His trade value is crap and him + bit pieces are nowhere close to enough to get Westbrook. A deal has to be built around Ingram or else there is no deal.

Westbrook and Clarkson/Nance and a bunch of trash cans is a hell of a lot better than Ingram and Clarkson/Nance and a bunch of trash cans, which is probably what their situation is right now. If you can get Westbrook to commit to an extension and get him for Ingram, you say yes, without hesitation, and never look back. Westbrook is like the second or third best player in the NBA right now. He's a future HoFer. I don't know how good Ingram will end up being, but I am pretty sure it'll never be as good as Westbrook is right now.

Professional sports teams aren't in the habit of making poor business decisions because of loyalty. I guess the Lakers did. Probably not a lot of teams lining up to follow suit with the way that turned out.

With fans and teams, loyalty is only expected from the players. Not vice versa.

Wade sacrificed for the Heat, and the Heat would not do the same.

Players should ALWAYS think about themselves when it comes to money. Kobe said this when he signed his crazy contract. The Lakers were the one franchise that took care of their guy. The Heat did not.

When Riley says stuff like, "We take care of our guys," he could point to 'Zo but now the guy who basically made Miami championship destination is gone due to not taking care of one of their own.

• Like 1

There is a difference between putting up great individual numbers on a dumpster fire team and being ready to lead a winner. 

aka the David Lee rule.  or the Rashard Lewis rule.  or the Andrea Bargnani rule.  

I'm pretty sure KAT is the real deal, however

I like Dwyane Wade a lot :(

Im gonna miss him, man. Jesus, what a rough day.

I am now left with the u certainty of Bosh and the uneasyness of Hassan with money, being the one we look to most on the court.

Lord help me.

Edited by Mr. Sinister