Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I always felt deep down that something about their relationship seemed superficial. It was a lot easier though to believe that back when Russ was far more out of control as a player and "Should just give the ball to Kevin."

i dont think their friendship is superficial.

But their on court relationship is probably tiring.

On top of that, the coaches never changed the offense.

Saying that, Durant shares blame as well.

And if Durant is now being compared to McHale and Parish to explain his new place, then it's a sign of how much he's forfeited by this move. This guy could and should have been a legend like Bird. I'll always believe he had the talent and potential to be a top five all time player. Now he is never going to reach it. You guys are saying that no one is going to care about him doing this in 10 years, and that's what is sad. He won't even come up when people are talking about the likes of Jordan and Magic and Bird and LeBron and Kobe and Duncan and Steph Curry himself. It's just going to be nerds and old heads who are like, "you know who was really good when he was with Buffalo was Bob McAdoo." It's depressing.

i dont know how you can type this without the season being played. Just bewildering.

Minus the MVP and back to back finals, people said the same thing about Lebron. We don't know how it's going to play out...

Answer me this, are you denying that KD doesn't have the skill set to take that title from Curry? You yourself said he was top 5 all-time... lol

he sounds like the Sports Talk call-in fan.
  • Like 1

What others are saying is there are dominate players who are awesome and you surround them with talents because they are that good. They know they are The Guy. Curry is that. Durant isn't and he went off to find The Guy to get that ring. He'll always be a player who needed The Guy to get it. Lebron, Jordan, etc were The Guy who showed they could do it. Durant winning a ring at GSW will never valid his greatness.

• Like 1

What others are saying is there are dominate players who are awesome and you surround them with talents because they are that good. They know they are The Guy. Curry is that. Durant isn't and he went off to find The Guy to get that ring. He'll always be a player who needed The Guy to get it. Lebron, Jordan, etc were The Guy who showed they could do it. Durant winning a ring at GSW will never valid his greatness.

So if KD leads the team in scoring, will that change your tune?

You know that's not going to happen. That is Curry's team. He is better and more accomplished and more assertive than Durant. He's already led them on the second greatest two year run in league history.

Just making this move shows what a beta dog Durant is. He'll settle into his role and enjoy playing off the ball and hitting open shots and he'll enjoy great team success. But his days of being one of the league's alpha players are over.

I disagree that this move makes him a beta or any less than he always but he's also had no problem deferring to Westbrook and not slapping him upside the head either in public or behind closed doors for some of WB's ridiculous hot dogging and not passing to the "alpha" and costing them games.

So is this really any different than he has been for years and nobody had a problem with it? He was cslled a good leader for handling it so "politically"

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

----

I just don't understand you Wiz fans. You'll wouldn't care at all if he had come to DC because he wanted "different" players than he had in OKC which clearly translates to players he thinks would be "better"

Yet, you're upset he went to GS because their players are too good?

So basically you're mad, disappointed, depressed etc because he isnt a colossal dumbass and actually chose the best players to play with? I just don't get it.

It's ok and doesn't hurt his legacy for him to want and need better players either by staying in OKC and asking Presti to upgrade the team or even going to Miami, Boston, DC etc just as long as he is stupid enough to pick players that arent too good.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

I'm trying to imagine how many people here wouldn't mind if they were denied the ability to go exactly where they want to live and work.

"I'm sorry son, I know you are 19 and you love the DC area, but we've decided you have to live in Fresno for the rest of your career for the good of the company.  And no, you can't quit or relocate.   If you do you are a coward and a traitor.  Maybe when you are 40 you can decide what you want."

Yes, I know the sports world is different, but a lot of people don't want to live in Oklahoma, and a lot of people want to work with different people than they currently work with.  Sports need the draft and competitive balance is important, but at the same time, Durant put in 9 years with that franchise and gave it his all.  He earned his right to leave, and to go where he wants to live and choose the coworkers he wants to work with.

What he chose wasn't optimal for league parity, but at the same time, who are we to tell a free agent that he can't go where he wants and join something that may be both historically good and really fun?

besides it's my team and I'm greedy as ****

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 2

Minus the MVP and back to back finals, people said the same thing about Lebron. We don't know how it's going to play out...

Answer me this, are you denying that KD doesn't have the skill set to take that title from Curry? You yourself said he was top 5 all-time... lol

No, I said he could have been top five all time if he had stuck it out and led a team to a couple of rings as the guy. He will never, ever achieve that now.

Curry is better than Durant. He's more accomplished too. He's a two time MVP and a champion who led his team on the second greatest two year run in NBA history. He has cemented himself as a top 15 all time player.

TBH I don't think Durant has the competitiveness to take over the crown off Curry's head. If he did, he wouldn't have joined him to be his sidekick in the first place.

We need to go back to the Golden Age of the NBA when everyone had a chance. Like when I became a fan in the 80s.

1980 - Lakers v 76ers

1981 - Rockets v Celtics

1982 - Lakers v 76ers

1983 - Lakers v 76ers

1984 - Lakers v Celtics

1985 - Lakers v Celtics

1986 - Rockets v Celtics

1987 - Lakers v Celtics

1988 - Lakers v Pistons

1989 - Lakers v Pistons

1990 - Trail Blazers v Pistons

1991 - Lakers v Bulls

Man, everyone had a shot back then.

And....I know....I know....it wasn't free agency. It was home grown talent.

I say bull**** to that.

I still want it explained to me how the Lakers got Mychal Thompson for Frank Freakin' Brickowski. Explain it to me. Someone! Anyone!

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 1

So we are going to ignore the fact that Kyrie went HAM and was just as important,if not more, for Cleveland winning and the fact that Lebron traded away the freaking number one pick in the draft to get another guy when he came back to Cleveland? Edited by MLSKINS
  • Like 1

So we are going to ignore the fact that Kyrie ain't go HAM and was just as important, not more, for Cleveland winning and the fact that Lebron traded away the freaking number pick in the draft to get another guy when he came back to Cleveland?

Shh... you are interrupting some hot, hot takes....  :)

Is this a joke?

• Like 1

We need to go back to the "golden age" of the NBA where there were four teams that could bounce the ball without falling down and everyone played basketball uphill in the driving snow and never complained! Right.

• Like 1

We need to go back to the Golden Age of the NBA when everyone had a chance. Like when I became a fan in the 80s.

1980 - Lakers v 76ers

1981 - Rockets v Celtics

1982 - Lakers v 76ers

1983 - Lakers v 76ers

1984 - Lakers v Celtics

1985 - Lakers v Celtics

1986 - Rockets v Celtics

1987 - Lakers v Celtics

1988 - Lakers v Pistons

1989 - Lakers v Pistons

1990 - Trail Blazers v Pistons

1991 - Lakers v Bulls

Man, everyone had a shot back then.

And....I know....I know....it wasn't free agency. It was home grown talent.

Hey I already trotted out the original awesome super team with the superstar who's a **** and who's mother is a whore in Wilt, Jerry West and Elgin Baylor... Who then got smoked by Bill Russell and his super team that wasn't super because they all got drafted together (I think) Edited by Mr. Sinister

I just want y'all to know that I understand why people are calling it a weak move, but I think Durant is being punished too hard for making the best out of his situation. It shouldn't matter who he went to, you play to win games. If he thinks that the Warriors help him do that the best, let's watch him try.

You have to love the entitlement of sports fan, who in their own personal lives, would never ever sacrifice their personal wealth and career success for some amorphous sense of nobility attached to being "the hero".

I say that as a hypocrite who gave LeBron **** for leaving Cleveland. But really, if I had the choice to live out some faux honor code in Oklahoma City or Cleveland, vs. dominating in a quality organization and living in San Francisco or Miami, ugh yeah I think I know what I'll pick.

You have to love the entitlement of sports fan, who in their own personal lives, would never ever sacrifice their personal wealth and career success for some amorphous sense of nobility attached to being "the hero".

I say that as a hypocrite who gave LeBron **** for leaving Cleveland. But really, if I had the choice to live out some faux honor code in Oklahoma City or Cleveland, vs. dominating in a quality organization and living in San Francisco or Miami, ugh yeah I think I know what I'll pick.

Just pointing out that nobody here would ever face a decision of $22 million annual versus $23 million. More like $80k versus $60k

And, if the average person were presented with the dilemma of $23 million vs $22, I bet other preferences would come into play

On a side note, I wonder why cost of living isn't taken more into account by athletes. Golden State, where $4 million buys you a 3 bedroom row house, or OKC where $4 million gets you a mansion, boat, and taxes paid in advance for 99 years

Seriosuly, how does the San Fran 49ers attract quality assistant coaches? $300K annual and you have to live in the Oakland ghetto because it's all you can afford. Same job with the Titans and you are living in Brentwood next door to Garth brooks on your personal farm.

• Like 2

Just pointing out that nobody here would ever face a decision of $22 million annual versus $23 million. More like $80k versus $60k

And, if the average person were presented with the dilemma of $23 million vs $22, I bet other preferences would come into play

On a side note, I wonder why cost of living isn't taken more into account by athletes. Golden State, where $4 million buys you a 3 bedroom row house, or OKC where $4 million gets you a mansion, boat, and taxes paid in advance for 99 years

Seriosuly, how does the San Fran 49ers attract quality assistant coaches? $300K annual and you have to live in the Oakland ghetto because it's all you can afford. Same job with the Titans and you are living in Brentwood next door to Garth brooks on your personal farm.

I don't know how it is in other places or if what I'm about to say is even true, but I could've sworn I read somewhere, probably here, that DC has a sports tax that's friendly for athletes????

I don't know how it is in other places or if what I'm about to say is even true, but I could've sworn I read somewhere, probably here, that DC has a sports tax that's friendly for athletes????

DC allows avoidance of DC (not a state!) income tax if the person makes their home elsewhere.  Players like Scherzer (Florida) and Harper (Nevada) uses this to pay no local income tax.  Lot of Nats (I assume Wizards too, the article I read was on the Nats) live in VA for this purpose as well.  DC gov't has called for jock tax, but Congress hasn't cared enough to move on that.

• Like 1